Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy's 2013 clay court season 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Will Andy win any clay court titles?
He wins them all - 3 (6.7%)
He wins at least one - 32 (71.1%)
He wins none - 10 (22.2%)
Total Voters: 45

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 31 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy's 2013 clay court season

(Read 15175 times)
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #375 on: April 28, 2013, 09:22 PM »

Robbie and the Queen.  He's celebrating his 100th birthday. Very Happy

Bloody hell Aileen, .....who told you?
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #376 on: April 29, 2013, 08:50 AM »

@Rachie
I thought Rosol looked very impressive. He's an all or nothing kind of guy but when he's hitting those lines he's gonna be a threat to any one.
Interesting to see him being so aggressive on clay.
Saw him at Queens last year, think he's got much better and he's young isn't he? Lots of time.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #377 on: April 30, 2013, 12:19 AM »

@Rachie
I thought Rosol looked very impressive. He's an all or nothing kind of guy but when he's hitting those lines he's gonna be a threat to any one.
Interesting to see him being so aggressive on clay.
Saw him at Queens last year, think he's got much better and he's young isn't he? Lots of time.

Not exactly young at 27, well in tennis terms
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #378 on: April 30, 2013, 12:29 AM »

Not exactly young at 27, well in tennis terms
He could be what's known as a late-bloomer, so it'll be interesting to see how far he progresses now.
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #379 on: April 30, 2013, 12:41 AM »

I think of Andy as a late bloomer.  Think
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #380 on: April 30, 2013, 01:17 AM »

He could be what's known as a late-bloomer, so it'll be interesting to see how far he progresses now.

Or it could just be a one off, like Zeballos' win on clay earlier in the year, time will tell
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #381 on: April 30, 2013, 01:18 AM »

I think of Andy as a late bloomer.  Think

I have no idea why you think that.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #382 on: April 30, 2013, 02:26 AM »

I have no idea why you think that.
I agree with rob92.  Darren Cahill said two years ago that he reckoned Andy would play his best tennis between the age of 25-28, although we still have to see how well this year pans out for him before coming to any definite conclusion.  Taking Lendl on as his coach has worked very well so far, but ultimately there's only so much he can do.  The rest is up to Andy himself.  On the other side of the coin - over the past 30 years or so, how many whiz-kids have survived much beyond their mid-20s?  There are exceptions like Federer and Nadal, although Nadal's knees are still a concern - and Djokovic didn't really get going until he was 23, despite having won his first Slam at the age of 20.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #383 on: April 30, 2013, 03:29 AM »

I agree with rob92.  Darren Cahill said two years ago that he reckoned Andy would play his best tennis between the age of 25-28, although we still have to see how well this year pans out for him before coming to any definite conclusion.  Taking Lendl on as his coach has worked very well so far, but ultimately there's only so much he can do.  The rest is up to Andy himself.  On the other side of the coin - over the past 30 years or so, how many whiz-kids have survived much beyond their mid-20s?  There are exceptions like Federer and Nadal, although Nadal's knees are still a concern - and Djokovic didn't really get going until he was 23, despite having won his first Slam at the age of 20.

Late bloomer to me means starting to win things later on in your career, Andy was a slam finalist when he was 21 and he had titles before then including masters, he is so far away from late bloomer as can possibly be.

IF you are judging his career based on slam wins then yes hs won his first in the middle of his career, but yeah on the whole i don't agree with your assessment or Arob92s sorry.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #384 on: April 30, 2013, 03:37 AM »

Late bloomer to me means starting to win things later on in your career, Andy was a slam finalist when he was 21 and he had titles before then including masters, he is so far away from late bloomer as can possibly be.

IF you are judging his career based on slam wins then yes hs won his first in the middle of his career, but yeah on the whole i don't agree with your assessment or Arob92s sorry.
You're perfectly entitled to your opinion, but so far rob92 hasn't responded as to why he thinks Andy is a late bloomer, so therefore he has offered no assessment for you to disagree with.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #385 on: April 30, 2013, 03:41 AM »

You're perfectly entitled to your opinion, but so far rob92 hasn't responded as to why he thinks Andy is a late bloomer, so therefore he has offered no assessment for you to disagree with.

But i'm responding to your post Aileen not his Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #386 on: April 30, 2013, 03:49 AM »

But i'm responding to your post Aileen not his Smile
I realise that, but why say that you disagree with his assessment as well as mine when he hasn't given any explanation to back up his initial claim?  After all, he could be thinking about something quite different from me.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #387 on: April 30, 2013, 06:30 AM »

@Gnome
Cheers, he's a lot older than I thought. Might get to top 20 then, but agree with you, unlikely to make a huge breakthrough.
Am obviously thinking of another chap Think
Wouldn't call Andy a "late bloomer" either. Made a huge impact as a teenager and got to No 4 years ago. Him, Nole and Rafa were phenomenal.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #388 on: April 30, 2013, 12:42 PM »

I realise that, but why say that you disagree with his assessment as well as mine when he hasn't given any explanation to back up his initial claim?  After all, he could be thinking about something quite different from me.

For the same reason you agreed with his assessment when he hasn't given any explanation to back up his initial claim

Aileen: "I agree with rob92."
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #389 on: April 30, 2013, 01:02 PM »

@Gnome
Cheers, he's a lot older than I thought. Might get to top 20 then, but agree with you, unlikely to make a huge breakthrough.
Am obviously thinking of another chap Think
Wouldn't call Andy a "late bloomer" either. Made a huge impact as a teenager and got to No 4 years ago. Him, Nole and Rafa were phenomenal.

Yep they certainly stood out of the crowd, the young hopefuls today are a bit behind them success wise at the same stage of their careers.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 31 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »