Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy's 2013 clay court season 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Will Andy win any clay court titles?
He wins them all - 3 (6.7%)
He wins at least one - 32 (71.1%)
He wins none - 10 (22.2%)
Total Voters: 45

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy's 2013 clay court season

(Read 15389 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #420 on: May 03, 2013, 12:47 PM »

thanks for the good wishes everyone  hug.  Yes off for a birthday meal and to see the Kite Runner at Nottingham Playhouse .

Back on topic: I guess Andy must be in Madrid by now as he said he was going to go early to get acclimatised to the altitude etc
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #421 on: May 03, 2013, 12:49 PM »

Yes Ruthie Linda posted a few pics yesterday and today showing Andy practicing in Madrid Smile
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #422 on: May 03, 2013, 12:57 PM »

yes just caught up on that thread angie - good to see.  Helps take the wanting out of waiting seeing him practising there  yay
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #423 on: May 03, 2013, 02:45 PM »

Glad to see that Andy has at last remembered he is supposed to be a professional tennis player If he finds clay so difficult surely he should practice on the surface until he feels comfortable upon it Practice makes perfect.
 Meanwhile I'm watching snooker on TV
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #424 on: May 03, 2013, 02:53 PM »

Glad to see that Andy has at last remembered he is supposed to be a professional tennis player If he finds clay so difficult surely he should practice on the surface until he feels comfortable upon it Practice makes perfect.
 Meanwhile I'm watching snooker on TV

I very much doubt Andy has forgotten what he does for a living. As for the practice, it's not so long ago that some around here were moaning at Andy for practising and not playing enough. The lad can't win, can he?

While I'm here, happy birthday Ruthie, hope you have a good one!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #425 on: May 03, 2013, 03:22 PM »

thanks tj and again great minds... was just thinking the same thing about Andy and practice!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #426 on: May 03, 2013, 05:25 PM »

DelPo out of Madrid with virus.
That's a shame.  I like Delpo.   I know he pulled out of the Portugal Open for that reason but hoped he might recover in time for Madrid.

I take it you haven't been looking at MW lately benniebone?  Andy spent several days in Monte Carlo with Lendl practising on clay before he went to London.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #427 on: May 03, 2013, 05:56 PM »

Draw:

Mutua Madrid Open ‏@MutuaMadridOpen  50s 
Cuadro principal del sorteo individual masculino // The main draw for the men's singles. pic.twitter.com/14C8mjK5XO
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #428 on: May 03, 2013, 06:18 PM »

Well he  hasn't got Rafa or Ferrer, his draw is better than I thought it would be, so we will have to see how he get's on in the early rounds. Nole has Stan and Milos in his section as well as Tsonga. Andy has some guys who have not been doing well just lately, Gilles Simon, Janko and Tomas so it will be wait and see. Good to see that Fed has got Rafa as a possible opponent in the semis.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #429 on: May 03, 2013, 06:20 PM »

Sorry to see that Brad Drewett died today, a great man who did a lot for tennis.RIP.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #430 on: May 03, 2013, 07:01 PM »

Sorry to see that Brad Drewett died today, a great man who did a lot for tennis.RIP.
A real shame, and he was only 54 too - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/10036620/Brad-Drewett-chief-executive-of-the-ATP-dies-after-battling-terminal-illness.html

Draw:

Mutua Madrid Open ‏@MutuaMadridOpen  50s 
Cuadro principal del sorteo individual masculino // The main draw for the men's singles. pic.twitter.com/14C8mjK5XO
Possible QF meeting with Berdych.  I'm not happy about that.

IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #431 on: May 03, 2013, 07:07 PM »

Very sad news. Frown He seemed like such a popular president among the players and achieved a lot in his time as the ATP CEO.

IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #432 on: May 03, 2013, 07:11 PM »

A real shame, and he was only 54 too - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/10036620/Brad-Drewett-chief-executive-of-the-ATP-dies-after-battling-terminal-illness.html

Possible QF meeting with Berdych.  I'm not happy about that.

Berdych is in terrible form.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #433 on: May 03, 2013, 07:17 PM »

New tournament - fresh start.  A player's form may well pick up - another's may go walkabout.  This is what is so fascinating about tennis. 
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #434 on: May 03, 2013, 07:25 PM »

Bellucci is a tough second round match. He beat Andy here in 2011 and Ferrer last year in Monte Carlo. But maybe Bellucci will lose in the first round anyway, he's not exactly a consistent player.

Simon is about the best seed Andy could have drawn in R3, given their H2H, coupled with the fact that Simon's not been in great form this year. The QF will be tough though. Berdych's not been in good form but the quick(ish) conditions in Madrid suit his game.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »