Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy's 2013 clay court season 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Will Andy win any clay court titles?
He wins them all - 3 (6.7%)
He wins at least one - 32 (71.1%)
He wins none - 10 (22.2%)
Total Voters: 45

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] Go Down Reply
Author

Andy's 2013 clay court season

(Read 14875 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #450 on: May 06, 2013, 01:46 AM »

Andy is only unpredictable when it comes to certain Masters but otherwise he's pretty predictable in Slams, certain tournaments like Brisbane, Queens, Toronto etc. and the Asian swing.
Well you have your opinion and I have mine, but I still say that Andy is generally unpredictable.  He's quite capable of playing a poor match followed by a good one, and vice versa, although I guess you could say that he's usually predictable when it comes to making life difficult for himself and then digging himself out of trouble.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #451 on: May 06, 2013, 01:55 PM »

Well you have your opinion and I have mine, but I still say that Andy is generally unpredictable.  He's quite capable of playing a poor match followed by a good one, and vice versa, although I guess you could say that he's usually predictable when it comes to making life difficult for himself and then digging himself out of trouble.

That's definitely one way looking at it. For all I know, apart from a player or two, almost all the players make their fans life very difficult. Most players are inconsistent and unpredictable not just Andy. You just have to be fan of those players as well.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #452 on: May 08, 2013, 06:26 PM »

That's definitely one way looking at it. For all I know, apart from a player or two, almost all the players make their fans life very difficult. Most players are inconsistent and unpredictable not just Andy. You just have to be fan of those players as well.

True.... many of the players on the tour ... have tendencies to require a 'bottom out' display to reach their best tennis. Its like they dont feel challenged enough by the opponent so they need to throw some adversity into the mix to get themselves to fight. Djokovic plays in that manner sooo many times and yet people hail his level of performance ...yet Andy gets slated for it ...sometimes even by his own fans ...which is kinda bizarre. Its Results that people remember ...and Andy is getting them consistently now.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #453 on: May 08, 2013, 08:15 PM »

Yeah, try being fans of Berdych, Tsonga, Del Potro or even Ferrer who almost always loses to top four. What's the point, really. Not even touching the rest. Think about all the match points Nole saved all this time against him - those must given heart attacks to both fans (and his opponents who couldn't convert it - Federer namely lol). And Federer's continuous loss to Nadal since 2008. That's not even funny. lol And Nadal takes vacation for an unknown period of time especially after he gets beaten in a Major by a lower ranked player. He almost goes MIA after that so think about how his fans feel in those time. What about constant injuries for some player? But anyway, I mean, come on.

I don't like this constant nagging and complaining about Andy by some fans. We are in good shape. Take it or leave it.
[ Last edit by Emma Jean May 08, 2013, 09:19 PM ] IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #454 on: May 08, 2013, 08:46 PM »

True.... many of the players on the tour ... have tendencies to require a 'bottom out' display to reach their best tennis. Its like they dont feel challenged enough by the opponent so they need to throw some adversity into the mix to get themselves to fight. Djokovic plays in that manner sooo many times and yet people hail his level of performance ...yet Andy gets slated for it ...sometimes even by his own fans ...which is kinda bizarre. Its Results that people remember ...and Andy is getting them consistently now.

Amen to that! Best post on MW for ages, agree with every word. Andy is no more unpredictable than any of the others. Yes he can have bad days, but tell that to Djokovic, number one in the world and beaten by a 21 year old last night, and tell it to Federer, winner of 17 slams (yawn), who was pasted in Rotterdam by Benneteau and was truly dreadful in the process. Oh, and Federer is yet to win a title this year. I bet even his worshippers are a bit worried about that. Meanwhile, Andy has won two titles this year, one of which was a Masters, his first for 18 months, and he reached the AO final, his fourth big final in a row, his third major final in a row. Not bad that Murray.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »