Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 11 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box

(Read 7193 times)
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #60 on: August 22, 2012, 09:21 PM »

Yes that's what I'm beginning to think bbh.   And sods law they'll have run out by the time they file my complaint.   And there will be all those andy-come-latelys who have bought stamps while I one of his biggest fans remain stampless.   doh censored

Don't panic yet. Mine only arrived yesterday. They also took at least a week to reach my local post office. Hope everyone gets their stamps soon.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #61 on: August 22, 2012, 10:10 PM »

Thanks Masaka.  Actually I think it's quite possible they've got lost.  I don't know about where you live but around here the posties are under such pressure that they practically run round with the post and a look of panic comes in their eyes if you stop them to ask them something.  It sometimes seems as if the post is delivered almost randomly though usually neighbours are good at putting errant mail through the letter box.  So it could be lying in the house of someone on holiday or have been delivered to a different street altogether or ......
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #62 on: August 22, 2012, 10:48 PM »

I live in Norfolk, and we are very fortunate with our posties. They are very good about delivering parcels and such like through my cat flap if I am not in, or don't respond to their knocks. Might be worth trying your local post office as well. The deliveries to the 500 post offices, was on the day after each victory, but they were then sent out to all of the other post offices about a week later. Mine had loads, so I bought the sheet of 6 just to be on the safe side. Hope you sort it out.
IP Logged
scotjules
Satellite Level

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #63 on: August 23, 2012, 10:06 AM »

I ordered my first day covers today and the last day for ordering the stamps (for any athlete) is stated as being 10 September. They gave me a delivery time of 10 working days.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #64 on: August 23, 2012, 10:22 AM »

Still nothing for me search

Have emailed customer service to ask them to confirm when they were posted to me.
[ Last edit by Bevc August 23, 2012, 10:45 AM ] IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #65 on: August 23, 2012, 11:47 AM »

Yes that's what I'm beginning to think bbh.   And sods law they'll have run out by the time they file my complaint.   And there will be all those andy-come-latelys who have bought stamps while I one of his biggest fans remain stampless.   doh censored

Agree with all you have said Ruthie, it's still too early here for the postman, as usual time is 12 noon till 1.45pm so hopes are up again till he has been and gone. Frown
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #66 on: August 23, 2012, 12:38 PM »

Post just come; still no stamps.  I'm now convinced they've got lost.  I'm hoping to get to post office tomorrow to order foreign currency so, if still no joy, will check if they've got any there as you suggest Masaka.  Have just checked and of the two POs fairly nearly me, one stocks the stamps and the other the foreign currency but neither has both.  I somehow think I'm fated not to get these stamps no
[ Last edit by Ruthie August 23, 2012, 12:46 PM ] IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #67 on: August 23, 2012, 12:59 PM »

Hi Guys , I can get stamps, or i could two days ago, so if anyone wants me to send them let me know.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #68 on: August 23, 2012, 01:51 PM »

Hi Guys , I can get stamps, or i could two days ago, so if anyone wants me to send them let me know.

Thanks alot deb.  If all else fails I might well take you up on that.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #69 on: August 23, 2012, 04:38 PM »

Ruthie, post came at 2.10pm no first lot of stamps again. But now also waiting for my resend, but that was just done on Tuesday. Just now went back on Royal Mail and re-ordered, because eat sh*t or die, I'm getting those FDC's!!  hammer
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #70 on: August 23, 2012, 06:28 PM »

You'll probably end up with 3 sets CM.  If you do, I might buy one off you to save deb the trouble of getting a set - assuming mine never arrive.  But I am going to check out PO tomorrow if still not arrived in the post.   
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #71 on: August 23, 2012, 06:36 PM »

I got my Andy stamps today, bought them off ebay on Tuesday!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #72 on: August 23, 2012, 06:36 PM »

bah
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #73 on: August 23, 2012, 07:50 PM »

Thanks alot deb.  If all else fails I might well take you up on that.
Please do.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #74 on: August 24, 2012, 08:30 AM »

Well to my surprise I received a reply to my email this morning.  Here it is:

"Our Olympic Gold Medal Winners stamps and our other Olympics stamp products have proved to be extremely popular and demand for these stamps is unprecedented. Our Stamps & Collectibles Team in Edinburgh is working round the clock to process and despatch orders however, it's possible that this could take up to 10 working days from the date the Olympics ended.

If you haven't received your stamp order by Monday, 27 August, please get in touch directly with our Stamps & Collectibles team and they'll be happy to help. Their direct email address is [email protected]

Thanks for getting in touch and I hope you enjoy your wonderful stamp collection when your order arrives in the next few days."

They seem to have forgotten that Monday is a bank holiday (albeit not in Scotland).  So I'll give them till Tuesday and email the stamps team then if still no joy.  CM you might want to do the same,  In the mean time I'll probably check out the PO this pm.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 11 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »