Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 11 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box  (Read 5581 times)
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #75 on: August 24, 2012, 10:56 AM »

Thanks Ruthie, I will do!
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #76 on: August 24, 2012, 02:01 PM »

kicking kicking So HAPPY, my stamps have just arrived!!!! These are not the ones I ordered on the 6th Aug but the ones that Melanie from RM on FB processed for me again, as the dispatch note reads ordered on the 21 Aug. Don't think I will ever see the ones I ordered at the beginning of the month. So grateful to Melanie, I had a wee cry when I seen them, as I have been disappointed everyday when the postman brought nothing. Going to buy a frame next week.  yay

Ruthie, hope your stamps have arrived today!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #77 on: August 24, 2012, 04:33 PM »

Happy for you CM and good for Melanie.  Mine didn't arrive but I went to the PO as I was in the area and lo they had them.  yay 

I needn't have worried about them running out. Here is the conversation with nice guy behind the counter:
Do you have gold medal stamps?
Yes, who would you like?
AM.
Oh that's good as noone wants him
I do.
I tell them he may not have won Wimbledon but he won the Olympics.
we both smile.
Am still going to chase up the ones I ordered on line if they've not arrived by Tuesday as a point of principle. And that way I can keep one set as a souvenir and use the other set to send to very special people.
But isn't it sad that noone wants to buy Andy's stamp?  shocking
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #78 on: August 24, 2012, 05:22 PM »

Happy for you CM and good for Melanie.  Mine didn't arrive but I went to the PO as I was in the area and lo they had them.  yay

I needn't have worried about them running out. Here is the conversation with nice guy behind the counter:
Yes, who would you like?
AM.
I do.
we both smile.
Am still going to chase up the ones I ordered on line if they've not arrived by Tuesday as a point of principle. And that way I can keep one set as a souvenir and use the other set to send to very special people.
But isn't it sad that noone wants to buy Andy's stamp?  shocking

I put it down to the power of the press.    I have spent the last 7 years defending Andy and telling everyone what a good guy he is - and that's in Scotland where we should be over the moon to have an athlete like him.    People believe what they read in the papers.  
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #79 on: August 24, 2012, 05:42 PM »

That might be local, but when I looked at quite a few sellers on ebay selling gold medel stamps AM stamps were listed as sold out, whilst others medelists' were still available.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #80 on: August 24, 2012, 06:08 PM »

Good
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #81 on: August 25, 2012, 08:57 AM »

kicking kicking So HAPPY, my stamps have just arrived!!!! These are not the ones I ordered on the 6th Aug but the ones that Melanie from RM on FB processed for me again, as the dispatch note reads ordered on the 21 Aug. Don't think I will ever see the ones I ordered at the beginning of the month. So grateful to Melanie, I had a wee cry when I seen them, as I have been disappointed everyday when the postman brought nothing. Going to buy a frame next week.  yay

Ruthie, hope your stamps have arrived today!

Eyebrow raise. Sad, walking about. search
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #82 on: August 25, 2012, 10:15 AM »

Happy for you CM and good for Melanie.  Mine didn't arrive but I went to the PO as I was in the area and lo they had them.  yay

Yes, who would you like?
AM.
I do.
we both smile.
But isn't it sad that noone wants to buy Andy's stamp?  shocking

Imagine Ruthie you went through all that anguish and your PO had them all the time, no PO's around me has any Olympic stamps. So happy for you, that at last you have some.  shocking That nobody wants to buy them, maybe no one is interested in tennis in your neck of the woods.  Shrug
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #83 on: August 25, 2012, 03:28 PM »

I know - irritating isn't it though it's not the PO I usually use.  Oddly they'd given them to this v small PO and not to the larger one which is slightly more convenient.   Well Nottingham has its own tennis tournament so I don't see why tennis should be less popular here than elsewhere.  Hope I don't live in one of the last anti-Andy strongholds.   shocking

Do hope yours arrive soon Bev.  Did you see the email address I posted above that you can use to contact the stamps section direct?
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #84 on: August 25, 2012, 07:46 PM »

C'mon Bev, we are all hoping you will be next to post some good news that you have received your stamps! Us who have waited soooo long and been through hell waiting and hoping ourswould come, know how you are feeling! We feel your anguish!  hug
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #85 on: August 25, 2012, 09:05 PM »

Yes we're all rooting for you Bev.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #86 on: August 26, 2012, 10:24 AM »

I just got my stamps Very Happy
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #87 on: August 26, 2012, 12:31 PM »

Nothing arrived Saturday, so I emailed Customer Services and they said that if they haven't arrived on Monday to email them. Isn't it a bank holiday in the UK on Monday?

search
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #88 on: August 26, 2012, 12:34 PM »

Yes we're all rooting for you Bev.

Thanks Ruthie though this did make me laugh - rooting has a whole different meaning in NZ Very Happy
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #89 on: August 27, 2012, 08:06 AM »

Still no stamps Crying or Very sad
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 11 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »