Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box  (Read 5492 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #120 on: September 04, 2012, 07:58 AM »

To Ruthie and ChrisM, I hope that your stamps arrive soon.  Mine arrived today! hug A bit bent but a good book should sort that out.  I know why they took so long, nothing to say airmail on them at all!  I'm going to wait and see what Royal Mail come back and say, then I won't keep getting their automated message.

Mine took exactly one month and one day. crossfingers

Is that a euphemism?

yes Wink and a kiss
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #121 on: September 28, 2012, 05:04 PM »

That's great bev but I can't believe it I'm back from holiday and STILL not arrived and not even a proper reply from philately service to my email and it's more than the 21 days since I got their autoreply saying it could take 21 days.   Have I the energy to keep pushing this one?
In meantime as well as buying some from a PO a friend has sent me one in a card to celebrate USO posted with an Andy stamp and a note saying you can never have too many of the stamps - hear hear.
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #122 on: September 28, 2012, 06:49 PM »

Went to the post office to mail a letter and had an inspiration to ask for Andy's olympic stamps for the very 1st time. Was told to go to another counter and after the lady searched through a big stack of olympic stamps, Andy's set of 6 1st class stamps were at the very bottom ! Yippee.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #123 on: September 28, 2012, 07:30 PM »

When I bought mine Philip the guy at the counter said noone wanted him and that he'd tried to persuade them that just because he hadn't won Wimbledon......  Perhaps more people will buy them now he's won USO.
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #124 on: September 28, 2012, 09:39 PM »

Congratulations on getting yours Ruthie. I hope you either get your second set from the post office soon or obtain your money back. I am guessing that the incompetent PO either lost your stamps, had them stolen, or sent them to the wrong address.

I am sure now that Andy is famous, everyone will be trying to get hold of his stamps.
[ Last edit by Philip September 28, 2012, 09:42 PM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #125 on: September 29, 2012, 04:25 PM »

Thanks Philip.  I've just sent a stiff email to them saying I'm v unimpressed with their service. 
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #126 on: September 29, 2012, 04:59 PM »

Thanks Philip.  I've just sent a stiff email to them saying I'm v unimpressed with their service.  
Can't believe you are still waiting for your stamps.  It is not a good impression to give people who visited the UK during the Olympics and maybe ordered the stamps.  Do you know if Bev received hers as I believe she was still waiting?
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #127 on: September 29, 2012, 05:03 PM »

Can't believe you are still waiting for your stamps.  It is not a good impression to give people who visited the UK during the Olympics and maybe ordered the stamps.  Do you know if Bev received hers as I believe she was still waiting?
Just read some earlier posts and I see Bev did receive hers, I should really read earlier posts. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #128 on: September 29, 2012, 10:31 PM »

Thanks Philip.  I've just sent a stiff email to them saying I'm v unimpressed with their service. 

I hope they get back to you and at the very least refund your money.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #129 on: October 01, 2012, 12:56 PM »

Success: finally received a personal email back saying their records say my stamps have been dispatched but must have gone missing so will send another set in next 10 days.  Watch this space folks.  yay
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #130 on: October 01, 2012, 08:13 PM »

Yay!!!!!!! Great news Ruthie, I think you and I were that last on the planet to get the FDC'S even though we were one of the early ones to order!!!!
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #131 on: October 01, 2012, 11:18 PM »

That is great. What do you plan to do with 2 sets of stamps Ruthie ?  Use one set of 6 stamps to post a letter to a friend each time Andy wins a slam lol ?
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #132 on: October 01, 2012, 11:56 PM »

I went to Wimbledon on Sunday, and FORGOT, after having it in my plans, to visit his golden postbox there. Not happy!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #133 on: October 02, 2012, 12:04 AM »

Murray's Olympic winning shirt!

The trophy Andy will be winning next year!

Into the final!

Next year Murray 3 - 0 SMugFed!

Goran <3

We had two British Grandslam Winners this year, lets not forget!

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #134 on: October 02, 2012, 07:40 AM »

That is great. What do you plan to do with 2 sets of stamps Ruthie ?  Use one set of 6 stamps to post a letter to a friend each time Andy wins a slam lol ?
Sounds like a good plan Philip!  One set for me; one set for letters/cards to privileged friends.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »