Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson, Friday, Time: 12 noon BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] Go Down Reply
Author

Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box

(Read 7140 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #150 on: October 13, 2012, 11:59 AM »

Finally finally got my stamps today -only over 2 months since I ordered them!   yay

yay  

I actually got a response from the Royal Mail team asking me if my stamps had now turned up.  I replied and they say that they will take 28 days to respond to my reply?  How bad is that?  Surely that are not THAT busy with stamp orders? dontknow
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #151 on: October 13, 2012, 12:00 PM »

yay Here's a photo of my autographed stamps.  You'll need to look hard though!!!

Yep, you can see it.  I plan to take my to the AO in the hope that he will sign mine crossfingers
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #152 on: October 13, 2012, 12:08 PM »

The rain had stopped by then thankfully.  But I think Andy's pen was running out due to all the other autographs he had signed by the time I got mine!   I was hoping he would sign the actual envelope, but I am just happy he signed at all.
Just saw your pic, Ally. That's fantastic you were there and got his sig. It's a wonder Andy can still play tennis..his hand must have been killing him after that day.
I got him to sign my Scottish flag 2 years ago, then I put it in a safe place. So safe that I forgot where I put it. doh I eventually found it.

Also..if I hadn't said it before welcome to our great forum.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #153 on: October 13, 2012, 12:10 PM »

yay 

I actually got a response from the Royal Mail team asking me if my stamps had now turned up.  I replied and they say that they will take 28 days to respond to my reply?  How bad is that?  Surely that are not THAT busy with stamp orders? dontknow
You still haven't received your stamps?  shocking
That's probably an automated response from RM.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #154 on: October 13, 2012, 12:14 PM »

Yeah they did.  A few weeks ago.  I've put them in a safe place though, thinking about it now, I can't think where old  lol
IP Logged
ally
Challenger Level

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #155 on: October 13, 2012, 03:03 PM »

Just saw your pic, Ally. That's fantastic you were there and got his sig. It's a wonder Andy can still play tennis..his hand must have been killing him after that day.
I got him to sign my Scottish flag 2 years ago, then I put it in a safe place. So safe that I forgot where I put it. doh I eventually found it.

Also..if I hadn't said it before welcome to our great forum.

Thanks for the welcome scotnadian.  Thoroughly enjoying being part of the community and knowing that there are loads of other huge Andy fans out there.  My hubby thinks I am mad but it's great to have a Brit to support so avidly.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #156 on: October 13, 2012, 04:08 PM »

That's great news, I'm really pleased for you. Do you like them?
love them tj.   I'm going to get a big frame and put together a montage of photos and headlines and stuff from Olympics/USO and include one of my sets of stamps in that.  The other set is on my fridge door just in case I ever need reminding of Andy's remarkable year.
oh and welcome from me too Ally.  
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #157 on: November 03, 2012, 09:48 AM »

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but Prostate Cancer UK are selling enlarged, signed versions of the stamps on Ebay for

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gold-Medal-Winners-stamp-enlargement-signed-by-Andy-Murray-London-2012-Games-/110968998438?pt=UK_Sports_Memorabilia_ET&hash=item19d6448a26

Here seems as good a place as any to say the Royal Mail have decided to keep the gold postboxes gold.  Originally, it was supposed to be a temporary colour change, but now they are putting a plaque on each one and making it permanent.   I'm very pleased about this, as it's such a boost for the communities.  Everyone in Dunblane is so clearly thrilled about it, and while they have their reasons for being glad of something positive for the town, they have been well received by locals across the country.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: Andy's All England Club Golden Post Box « Reply #158 on: November 03, 2012, 02:07 PM »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/nov/02/royal-mail-olympic-postboxes-gold

Also news in The Netherlands:

with Andy pic; http://www.nu.nl/buitenland/2949530/britse-brievenbussen-mogen-olympisch-goud-houden.html

http://www.telegraaf.nl/buitenland/13147046/__Brievenbus_blijft_goud__.html
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »