Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy's book signing today at Picadilly 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy's book signing today at Picadilly

(Read 7921 times)
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « on: November 06, 2013, 11:51 PM »

After a four hour wait, almost all of it outside in the rain, today I experienced one of the greatest moments of my life - well, about 20 seconds, because that was about all there was time for at Waterstone's Piccadilly today.

I had rehearsed my short few words...  "Andy, congratulations on becoming the Olympic, US Open, and now the Wimbledon champion.  It is a very great privilege to meet you."  But what actually came out was something more like "er, arr, ah, Andy, goo goo, ga ga, Wimbles, er, arr, thanks..."  He must have thought I was a complete idiot!

Still, I got my booked signed "To Mick" and his signature, and I got to shake the great man's hand.  What an honour!

Oh, and I got to meet AngieBabez in the queue! 

Later, went to the O2 to see an entertaining doubles game, then a somewhat tame affair between Ferrer and Berdych, but it  was still great to see two of the top players in world, even if it wasn;t Andy.

All in all, one of the very best days ever (don't tell Mrs MP I said that for God's sake...............)
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 11:53 PM »

Very Happy
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 11:54 PM »

Angie is a very pleasant woman to talk to. We had a phone call last weekend in which she talked nothing but faeces for nearly an hour.
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 12:01 AM »

* IMG_0030.JPG (208.95 KB. 1024x765 - viewed 87 times.)

Well sir, I had the pleasure to converse with a very pleasant, intelligent and amenable young lady this afternoon, so I don;t know who you were talking to!

And here is the book inscription, just to make you all jealous!

IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 12:03 AM »

[ Attachment ]

Well sir, I had the pleasure to converse with a very pleasant, intelligent and amenable young lady this afternoon, so I don;t know who you were talking to!

And here is the book inscription, just to make you all jealous!

You and her probably are different to me and her, when its me and her, she likes to be b!tchy :p.

My birthday is next Saturday and I have preordered the book today.
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 12:10 AM »

You and her probably are different to me and her, when its me and her, she likes to be b!tchy :p.

My birthday is next Saturday and I have preordered the book today.

Many happy returns on the day Gangsta.  I haven't started reading the book yet - I'm very tempted to keep this one completely pristine and get another one to read!

BTW, I understand that our hero is on thr Jonathan Ross show this weekend.

I'm off to bed now - having trekked back to Heathrow from the o2, and I'm knackered and have an early start.

MP  
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 02:05 AM »

Ha ha.. Mickey it was an absolute pleasure to meet you also!! You were my second favourite man I met today lol  :p what a day?? The 4 hour wait was MORE than worth it.,.we also had a great time at o2. Ferrer v berdych was fab. My first ever live tennis match!! I will be back next year for sure!!!

* IMG_222328045174322.jpeg (49.76 KB, 720x960 - viewed 87 times.)
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 07:35 AM »

Angie and Mick,  you both are to excited to get jealous, great to read your experiences, it must be great to see and speak to him in real after watchting for so many years....Angie, nice ""X"" on yours...
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 08:13 AM »

Angie and Mick,  you both are to excited to get jealous, great to read your experiences, it must be great to see and speak to him in real after watchting for so many years....Angie, nice ""X"" on yours...

Yes flowerpower I did check mine against other people's and I seem to be the only one with a kiss!!  Think  cmon yeah yay big kiss drool thumb up Fingers and tongue. Heart
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 08:19 AM »

Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green :: Mr. Green (did I say I wasn't jealous?)
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 09:10 AM »

I'm so,so glad you both got to meet him-when I heard they closed the queue at some point I was thinking of you and hoping you guys made it!Delighted for you yay
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #11 on: November 07, 2013, 09:49 AM »

Angie is nursing a nasty hangover, think meeting Andy was a bit too much for her to handle ha ha ha
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #12 on: November 07, 2013, 09:57 AM »

Missed angie and mickeypops in the queue but got talking to a gaggle of other mad andy fans willing to queue for 4 hours - hey angie and mickey we must have been quite close as that's how long I had to queue too.  Couldn't believe how quickly the time went - four hours talking andy and tennis to complete strangers!  Encouraged one of them to join MW as she didn't know about us.
Andy was charming. Shook everyone's hands and said 'hi, how are you doing'  I said something like 'I'd like to thank you for all the happiness you've brought me'. He smiled and said thanks. I then said 'and I know others on MW feel the same way'. He looked up again and smiled and said 'oh you're on MW.  That website has been going a long time'. And I said 'yes and there are many passionate fans on it'.  The minders were trying to get rid of me by then as I think I'd overstayed my welcome but I said something like I hope all goes well with your - and then the word clean went out of my head in one of those awful senior moments. So he smiled and said 'recovery' and I said yes!  Oh i was floating on air.  And I got a kiss in my book too.  But I'm afraid I took rubbish pics of him as only had my phone and not my camera and we weren't supposed to take pics real close up.  Nevertheless it was worth the 4 hours wait - even if my feet and legs were killing me.  Off to 02 this evening to see delpo vs nole, a happy woman.

Sorry Angie I got a kiss too - tee hee.  Though like you I didn't see one on the next woman's and thought I was privileged.   wub
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #13 on: November 07, 2013, 09:58 AM »

Thrilled for you Ruthie!Thanks so much for sharing your story about meeting him-I love hearing all the little details that you just can't get from the photos that were released of it Smile
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #14 on: November 07, 2013, 10:02 AM »

thanks dani it's great to be able to share them with my friends on MW.  He's such a polite young man.  I wasn't at all sure we'd be able to have a real word with him but they made sure we went up one at a time and he didn't just sign but looked up and really engaged with us.  Thought he looked very pale though - looked almost as if he had pale make up on.  Not sure what mp and angie thought.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »