Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy's book signing today at Picadilly 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy's book signing today at Picadilly

(Read 8469 times)
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #15 on: November 07, 2013, 10:06 AM »

Ahh,that's lovely Ruthie,I'm so glad for you.I thought he looked a bit pale in the pics too!Though I wasn't sure it was just the lighting of them.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #16 on: November 07, 2013, 10:18 AM »

They should have allowed you to have a pic with him
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #17 on: November 07, 2013, 10:23 AM »

no that would have slowed things up so much and more important to allow as many people in as possible.  I didn't realise they had close the queue.  I was # 147 and there was still a very long queue snaking round the corner behind us. 
IP Logged
maxply
Futures Level

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #18 on: November 07, 2013, 10:38 AM »

I. was 65 th, I felt bit pale after 4 hours.Shared my umbrella with a young  man who didn't know about MW. however he doesn't now.i think he might join us.I had a great day and a kiss in my book.
IP Logged
maxply
Futures Level

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #19 on: November 07, 2013, 10:48 AM »

Spelling wrong "does now" .......
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #20 on: November 07, 2013, 12:41 PM »

I'm so,so glad you both got to meet him-when I heard they closed the queue at some point I was thinking of you and hoping you guys made it!Delighted for you yay

Someone posted on Andy's facebook page that she had ticket number 256 and that Waterstone's cut off the queue after 250, so there were some unlucky people.  My ticket was in the 120s and AngeBabez was in the 150s I think, so we were fine.  The Waterstones people moved us along very briskly, but Andy's time was very limited as he had to go iff to record the Jonathan Ross show.
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #21 on: November 07, 2013, 01:08 PM »

thanks dani it's great to be able to share them with my friends on MW.  He's such a polite young man.  I wasn't at all sure we'd be able to have a real word with him but they made sure we went up one at a time and he didn't just sign but looked up and really engaged with us.  Thought he looked very pale though - looked almost as if he had pale make up on.  Not sure what mp and angie thought.

Hi Ruthie - sorry I missed you in the queue - sounds like Murraysworld was well represented.

Know what - I thought he looked a bit pale. but that's probably just his Scottish skin tone!  I can still recall vividly the excitement as the queue moved closer to where he was sitting and we started to get glimpses of him sat behind the desk.  Then being able to see him properly from just a few yards away.  Then - fleetingly - to be standing in front of him, shaking his hand.  And you are right - in the few seconds we have he did actually make eye contact and talk to me.

There were no airs and graces about Andy.  You could tell that he is bascically a shy, perfectly normal young man who could live in your street or mine and blend in easily - except of course for his extraordinary talent.  There is nothing of the "superstar" about his demeanour or the way he conducts himself..  I suspect that the same would NOT be said at any similar event held by a certain Swiss racquet-slasher, for example.

OMG, typing this I've just remembered something.  I managed to mutter my congratulations and thanks for Wimbledon, but my mouth ran away with itself and added "but Andy, that last game........"  He gave a nervous little laugh and said "You're telling me!" or something, very good naturedly!  Thinking about it, I was probably the 50th person to mention it.

The way they managed the queue meant that you couldn't take photos when you were one or two positions away as we approached from the right of the desk, but had a minute to take pictures from a small area to the left once we'd away from the desk.  I spent my four hours queuing with a very pleasant group of four young people in front of me, one of whom started to video from his iPhone just after he was moved away from the desk.  He has footage of me with Andy and he very kindly took my email address so that he could forward on some images. What a terrific young man!

IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #22 on: November 07, 2013, 01:16 PM »

Wow.

Love this thread. Soooooo bloody jealous of all those who met Andy. Love your experiences. Feels great to hear them. Smile
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #23 on: November 07, 2013, 01:26 PM »

OMG, typing this I've just remembered something.  I managed to mutter my congratulations and thanks for Wimbledon, but my mouth ran away with itself and added "but Andy, that last game........"  He gave a nervous little laugh and said "You're telling me!" or something, very good naturedly! 

lmao Ahh,great stuff Mickey,that gave me such a chuckle when I read it!
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #24 on: November 07, 2013, 01:33 PM »

Thanks for sharing your experiences everyone - pleased you all had a great time. I'd love to meet Andy or at least watch him play. Smile
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #25 on: November 07, 2013, 01:58 PM »

Dear Mickeypops, Ang, Ruthie and Maxply:

Thank you for putting a big cheesy grin on my face this morning. I'm absolutely genuinely thrilled that you managed to meet Andy, and loved all your anecdotes. Also happy that you were at the 02.. and the Murraysworld plugs. yes

Congratulations! and here's a x from little old moi.
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #26 on: November 07, 2013, 01:59 PM »

Here's a photo from the signing event, taken when I was about ten people away from the front of the queue.

* IMG_0023_c.jpg (112.16 KB. 1024x765 - viewed 92 times.)

IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #27 on: November 07, 2013, 02:00 PM »

Whay lovley memories ,I could liove off of those for a very long time .I bet you will too.
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #28 on: November 07, 2013, 02:10 PM »

Thanks Scotnadian and iambritt.  I'm just lucky that I could organise work etc. to be able to get there.  I will remember the occasion always.

IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #29 on: November 07, 2013, 02:21 PM »

Dear Mickeypops, Ang, Ruthie and Maxply:

Thank you for putting a big cheesy grin on my face this morning. I'm absolutely genuinely thrilled that you managed to meet Andy, and loved all your anecdotes. Also happy that you were at the 02.. and the Murraysworld plugs. yes

Congratulations! and here's a x from little old moi.
Yes, congratulations also.  Great experience for you all.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »