Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy's book signing today at Picadilly 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 17 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly  (Read 6186 times)
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #120 on: November 21, 2013, 12:26 PM »

Perhaps Connor if you said the Craftsman we might agree with you. A Craftsman is special with lots of skills and expert in his craft which our Andy is.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #121 on: November 21, 2013, 01:20 PM »

The reason why some people dislike one nickname and use the other one is very simple.   Smugfed describes the person, The Tradesman doesn't.    
well put iluvandy.  I think [and howl me down if I'm wrong] I started the 'smugfed' nickname as a way of summing up the characteristic many of us so loathe about him.  I find the 'tradesman' very irritating because as others have said it implies the pedestrian to me.  And like others I would prefer 'craftsman' if we have to have anything.  But I accept that prod himself sees it as complimentary and has the right to use it himself.  But prod I just wish you wouldn't use it quite so much because it clearly irritates a number of us.   pray
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #122 on: November 21, 2013, 01:48 PM »

Perhaps Connor if you said the Craftsman we might agree with you. A Craftsman is special with lots of skills and expert in his craft which our Andy is.

What? This is Prodigy we are talking about, not me.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #123 on: November 21, 2013, 01:48 PM »

well put iluvandy.  I think [and howl me down if I'm wrong] I started the 'smugfed' nickname as a way of summing up the characteristic many of us so loathe about him.  I find the 'tradesman' very irritating because as others have said it implies the pedestrian to me.  And like others I would prefer 'craftsman' if we have to have anything.  But I accept that prod himself sees it as complimentary and has the right to use it himself.  But prod I just wish you wouldn't use it quite so much because it clearly irritates a number of us.   pray

Stop yer whining and deal with the nickname. Tar.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #124 on: November 21, 2013, 01:49 PM »

You seem to be more interested in SMUGFED more than andy these days so maybe you should go join his forum instead!! This ones called MURRAYS world.  Who cares bout Roger.

Shut it.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #125 on: November 21, 2013, 01:51 PM »

Shut it.

**** off to feds world and do us all a favour! Sick listening to you bigging him up!
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #126 on: November 21, 2013, 01:55 PM »

**** off to feds world and do us all a favour! Sick listening to you bigging him up!

I'm not bigging him up. I'm being an unbiased objective tennis analyst.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #127 on: November 21, 2013, 01:58 PM »

Well do it somewhere else were people care about smugfed
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #128 on: November 21, 2013, 01:58 PM »

Well do it somewhere else were people care about smugfed

Lol, stay pressed.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #129 on: November 21, 2013, 02:31 PM »

Most of us think we are unbiased objective tennis analysts.   In my unbiased objective opinion Smugfed is a brilliant nickname.

IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #130 on: November 21, 2013, 04:35 PM »

In my "unbiased objective opinion" the name "the Tradesman" is neither witty or amusing or even descriptive. It makes Andy seem pedestrian and ordinary and a bit like a grocer.
@gangsta
Do u  have to be quite so rude when you disagree with someone?
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #131 on: November 21, 2013, 05:23 PM »

Bloody hell, don't know why such fuss is being made over a nickname.

If people are going to get this worked up over it I'll just leave the forum.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #132 on: November 21, 2013, 05:34 PM »

Come on Connor I am sure you meant no disrespect towards Andy but if anything he is a Craftsman at the least and as BBH said Federer deserves his nickname. He is Smug and shows little respect to his fellow players and hates being beaten by what he considers lower ranked players.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #133 on: November 21, 2013, 05:35 PM »

Nah, we're  just bored - not just no Andy no tennis. It's the silly season.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Andy's book signing today at Picadilly « Reply #134 on: November 21, 2013, 05:45 PM »

Come on Connor I am sure you meant no disrespect towards Andy but if anything he is a Craftsman at the least and as BBH said Federer deserves his nickname. He is Smug and shows little respect to his fellow players and hates being beaten by what he considers lower ranked players.

I think you mean Joe. I'm Connor. Prodigy is Joe.

This thing about Federer you speak of, they are lower ranked players in reality and everyone hates to lose, even Andy.
[ Last edit by GangstaMurray November 21, 2013, 05:49 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 17 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »