Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy's Report Card 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy's Report Card

(Read 6523 times)
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Andy's Report Card « on: November 13, 2012, 04:05 PM »

After all the drama of the last few days, I was thinking what if the top players got report cards for their "end of term" - just a bit of easy reading with no stress - here is Andy's one:-

Report Card
Pupils Name:   Andrew Murray
Class:      Class of 2012 Tennis

Tennis   Andy has performed excellently this year, his relationship with a new teacher (Mr I. Lendl) is now reaping it’s rewards.  The improvement in his forehand is beyond words and is now viewed as a major weapon by the others in the class. He put in an absolutely superb performance on his recent trip to the USA culminating in his first Grand Slam title.  Obviously his “Golden” performance in the Summer was much appreciated by the Nation.   

Emotional Development      This is an area where Andy has excelled this year, his runners up speech at Wimbledon touched the heart of a nation and he delivered it superbly.  He is now sitting at the top of the table for the “Top Ten Emotional Moments” just behind Kate Winslet and that Oscar Winning Speech.
There has been a vast improvement in Andy’s on-court demeanour; however, there has been a slight increase in “racket smashing” just recently.  It has been suggested that he learns to swear in a language other than English so that Barry Cowans, Annabel Croft and co. cannot berate him for his sometimes understandable yet colourful use of the English language.

Class Relationships with Peers    Andy is a very popular member of the class who conducts himself very well at all times even when faced with unfriendly opposition.  There is one member of the class with whom there have been some incidents but this is felt to be due to Andy’s positive head to head and the fact this class member has elevated himself into a self appointed “prefects” role.  However, this will not be a long term problem as this member of the class is expected to leave very shortly.   

Appearance   This is an area that there is room for slight improvement as there have been times where his on court appearance has been a tad scruffy!!!   Andy needs to find the middle ground between scruffy and neat as he did take it a step too far with a military buzz cut at the start of the Clay Court season.  There was need to involve the police recently (that’s the fashion police) when Andy came on court to play at the WTF with canary yellow shorts which are strictly a breach of uniform and are now prohibited at all future events – PLEASE !!!!!   

General Comments   2012 has been an excellent year for Andy and great things are predicted for 2013.  He is a hard working, down to earth and humble young man who is a credit to both his family and the nation as a whole.   Great things are expected and we would envisage that Andy will graduate to the school of “more than one slam win” and also be challenging for No. 1 pupil.   

IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Andy's Report Card « Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 04:09 PM »

Love it MM.    I'm sure his new teacher finds him a joy to teach.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy's Report Card « Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 04:35 PM »

Well done MM - I'm sure the Headteacher will give you full marks for excellent report writing.
IP Logged
u2jcc
Junior

Re: Andy's Report Card « Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 05:06 PM »

Hi! I am new to this forum but have been lurking for awhile. Just want to comment on your well written report card. Love it! Thank you for sharing,MM.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Andy's Report Card « Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 05:17 PM »

He has had a wondeful year.looking forward to 2013.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy's Report Card « Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 06:28 PM »

Well written MM.. clap

Lookin' forward to Fed's report card :P
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy's Report Card « Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 06:30 PM »

There was need to involve the police recently (that’s the fashion police) when Andy came on court to play at the WTF with canary yellow shorts which are strictly a breach of uniform and are now prohibited at all future events – PLEASE !!!!!   

lmao
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy's Report Card « Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 06:31 PM »

Hi! I am new to this forum but have been lurking for awhile. Just want to comment on your well written report card. Love it! Thank you for sharing,MM.

Hey u2jcc!!
 welcome
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy's Report Card « Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 07:19 PM »

Ditto u2jcc  welcome
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Andy's Report Card « Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 07:20 PM »

Luvving it MM.  Best Report Card I've ever read - and that's after a combined 39 years of schooling for my 3 children (sorry to all hardworking teachers out there - I know you're hands are tied and you often can't really say what you want, just in case you offend parents!)

And the best bit of all is......'He is a hard working, down to earth and humble young man who is a credit to both his family and the nation as a whole.'
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Andy's Report Card « Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 08:02 PM »

Very nice, just read on twitter that Sports Illustrated columist has nominated Andy for SI's Sportsman of the Year.  I hope he wins.
IP Logged
scotjules
Satellite Level

Re: Andy's Report Card « Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 09:17 PM »

Just had to say fantastic post Murray Magic. Really well written and agree with everything you said. Love that you included some good-humoured teasing too in the appearance section.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy's Report Card « Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 09:19 PM »

clap clap clap clap clap hug

Thank you so much for this post MM.I feel like it's just what we all needed.Good-humoured,well-written,witty and just brilliant.Can't thank you enough for the enjoyment it gave me to read it!
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Andy's Report Card « Reply #13 on: November 13, 2012, 10:25 PM »

Fantastic post MM. I really enjoyed reading it.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy's Report Card « Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 03:01 PM »

After all the drama of the last few days, I was thinking what if the top players got report cards for their "end of term" - just a bit of easy reading with no stress - here is Andy's one:-

Report Card
Pupils Name:   Andrew Murray
Class:      Class of 2012 Tennis

Tennis   Andy has performed excellently this year, his relationship with a new teacher (Mr I. Lendl) is now reaping it’s rewards.  The improvement in his forehand is beyond words and is now viewed as a major weapon by the others in the class. He put in an absolutely superb performance on his recent trip to the USA culminating in his first Grand Slam title.  Obviously his “Golden” performance in the Summer was much appreciated by the Nation.   

Emotional Development      This is an area where Andy has excelled this year, his runners up speech at Wimbledon touched the heart of a nation and he delivered it superbly.  He is now sitting at the top of the table for the “Top Ten Emotional Moments” just behind Kate Winslet and that Oscar Winning Speech.
There has been a vast improvement in Andy’s on-court demeanour; however, there has been a slight increase in “racket smashing” just recently.  It has been suggested that he learns to swear in a language other than English so that Barry Cowans, Annabel Croft and co. cannot berate him for his sometimes understandable yet colourful use of the English language.

Class Relationships with Peers    Andy is a very popular member of the class who conducts himself very well at all times even when faced with unfriendly opposition.  There is one member of the class with whom there have been some incidents but this is felt to be due to Andy’s positive head to head and the fact this class member has elevated himself into a self appointed “prefects” role.  However, this will not be a long term problem as this member of the class is expected to leave very shortly.   

Appearance   This is an area that there is room for slight improvement as there have been times where his on court appearance has been a tad scruffy!!!   Andy needs to find the middle ground between scruffy and neat as he did take it a step too far with a military buzz cut at the start of the Clay Court season.  There was need to involve the police recently (that’s the fashion police) when Andy came on court to play at the WTF with canary yellow shorts which are strictly a breach of uniform and are now prohibited at all future events – PLEASE !!!!!   

General Comments   2012 has been an excellent year for Andy and great things are predicted for 2013.  He is a hard working, down to earth and humble young man who is a credit to both his family and the nation as a whole.   Great things are expected and we would envisage that Andy will graduate to the school of “more than one slam win” and also be challenging for No. 1 pupil.   

I think I might just love you! That has to be my favourite MW post ever!
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »