Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012

(Read 6463 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #30 on: June 09, 2012, 03:01 PM »

A lot of the guys that were going to be seeded have withdrawn, and obviously no Nadal this year, so going to be a lot of guys a bit lower ranked than usual getting seeding I'd imagine.

I'd be very surprised if it's not another Murray/Tsonga final, although Tipsarevic is a big contender this year as well. Simon is also playing, so four big names right there.

Qualifying has started already. Brian Baker, Ryan Sweeting and Denis Kudla all seeded. Five Brits all playing (Fitzpatrick, Eaton, Bogdanovic, Oakley, Whiteford) but none expected to get to QR2, bad enough qualify.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #31 on: June 09, 2012, 03:03 PM »

Oh. Just seen the results.

Bogdanovic lost 6-7, 6-3, 6-7. Frown

Eaton however beat the much higher ranked Jouan 2&2.

Whiteford lost 1&2.

Oakley lost 3&4 to Bubka.

So just Eaton in QR2 then.

Edit: Okay, the ATP app sucks. Fitzpatrick lost the first set 2-6 but Delic retired with Fitzpatrick 2-0 up in the 2nd, not the other way around. So huge chunk of luck for Fitzpatrick, who will play Bobby Reynolds in QR2.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter June 09, 2012, 03:07 PM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #32 on: June 09, 2012, 04:11 PM »

Great news that Andy playing.  Thanks for itv email address Elena.  Will email them tomorrow when got a bit more time.
And hadn't realised the lovely Gilles will be at Queens too. 
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #33 on: June 09, 2012, 04:13 PM »

#AEGONChampionships singles draw: @andy_murray has a bye in the 1st round. Plays Garcia-Lopez or Nicolas Mahut in the 2nd round

#AEGONChampionships singles draw: @andy_murray will either play Dimitrov, qualifier, Broady or Muller in round 3 if he gets through
[ Last edit by Elena June 09, 2012, 04:23 PM ] IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #34 on: June 09, 2012, 04:44 PM »

Draw now out http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2012/311/mds.pdf
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #35 on: June 09, 2012, 04:54 PM »

Thanks Elena.. and for the info about Jamie playing with Baggy... Think 
So, should Andy be playing Tuesday then?
IP Logged
killieboyd
Satellite Level

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #36 on: June 09, 2012, 06:29 PM »

Re-live last years victory below

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/18380717
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #37 on: June 09, 2012, 07:52 PM »

^^ Thanks for posting that.  Will feast my eyes on it and hope the scenario will be repeated this year. Smile

Just saw that on facebook too John. He's back at work already "Back at queens, training today pumped for the start of the grass court season!"

And from Maggie May:
Euros Shmeuros... Rusty and Mr. Lendl have very different opinions as to what's worth watching on the television.

lmao  I agree it's great Lendl is staying at his house.  Fortunately I think it's big enough so they won't be constantly tripping over each other, also Dani will be staying there too, as he usually does during the grass-court season, and Mum usually turns up for Wimbledon, so it'll be quite a party!

Thanks John. Cannot wait to see Andy on grass again. yay It's been sooo looong...
DelPo has withdrawn.
Quite a few no-shows: Fish, Gasquet, Wawrinka, Young, Falla, Harrison.
Looking to seeing my spartan Hewitt back on grass.  Guy never quits.
Andy looks so comfortable on grass.  What a shame the season is only 4 weeks, although at least we have the Olympics this year as well.
Not surprised about Delpo or Fish (who's recovering from a relatively minor heart procedure).  However my lovely leetle Simon will be playing ... tender ... just so long as he's not playing Andy!  Glad to see Hewitt as well - what a guy, and another player who spurned football (Australian Rules) in favour of tennis.

Hope the Weather Gods smile kindly pray but no wonder the grass looks so lush.
[ Last edit by Aileen June 09, 2012, 08:04 PM ] IP Logged
killieboyd
Satellite Level

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #38 on: June 09, 2012, 08:06 PM »

^^ Thanks for posting that.  Will feast my eyes on it and hope the scenario will be repeated this year. Smile

lmao  I agree it's great Lendl is staying at his house.  Fortunately I think it's big enough so they won't be constantly tripping over each other, also Dani will be staying there too, as he usually does during the grass-court season, and Mum usually turns up for Wimbledon, so it'll be quite a party!
Andy looks so comfortable on grass.  What a shame the season is only 4 weeks, although at least we have the Olympics this year as well.
Not surprised about Delpo or Fish (who's recovering from a relatively minor heart procedure).  However my lovely leetle Simon will be playing ... tender ... just so long as he's not playing Andy!  Glad to see Hewitt as well - what a guy, and another player who spurned football (Australian Rules) in favour of tennis.

Hope the Weather Gods smile kindly pray but no wonder the grass looks so lush.

No problem Aileen, my pleasure.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #39 on: June 09, 2012, 08:08 PM »

Thanks Elena. Smile  By the way - do you guys realise you can get various links to tournaments on the main webpage of MW under "TOURNAMENT INFO".  Not that I'm telling you this because it's me that keeps it updated ... Whistle
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #40 on: June 09, 2012, 08:09 PM »

Great should be a  Murray and Tsonga draw which happened last time. Good luck Andy, he needs a good workout before wimbledon.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #41 on: June 09, 2012, 08:38 PM »

Tessie hope it wasn't C4 you emailed as it's ITV who has been carrying RG with Jim C's commentary and the wonderful Fabrice.  wub
 If anyone has itv  email address to hand perhaps they could post it so more of us could send in positive feedback?

Sorry Ruthie senior moment I meant ITV4 I just found the website and used the link to contact them with comments about programes.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #42 on: June 09, 2012, 08:40 PM »

I'm not sure about Channel 4, but maybe we should copy the BBC in to our positive feedback to ITV!
[/quote]

What a good idea, and sky and eurosport.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #43 on: June 10, 2012, 03:01 AM »

Re-live last years victory below

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/18380717

I just did and had forgotten what a nail-biter it was (also the two hotdogs!).  High quality tennis from both players.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #44 on: June 10, 2012, 08:35 AM »

If Andy Roddick can give our guy some kudos, perhaps some doubters on here could too:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2156970/Andy-Roddick-admits-2012-Wimbledon.html
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »