Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012

(Read 5046 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #45 on: June 10, 2012, 10:41 AM »

Re-live last years victory below

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/18380717

confused  Is this for UK listeners only because this just brought up a story about the draw, no highlights.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #46 on: June 10, 2012, 11:00 AM »

I don't think from the listings that ITV is broadcasting Queens. As far as I can see it is just BBC2 and Eurosport. I'll really miss our Jim - super commentator and his comments regarding Andy are not only fair but very realistic.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #47 on: June 10, 2012, 11:27 AM »

confused  Is this for UK listeners only because this just brought up a story about the draw, no highlights.
There's a video at the top of the article, but as I assume it's embedded from BBC iPlayer, it won't be available outside of the UK unfortunately.

There are some highlights here though:

IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #48 on: June 10, 2012, 11:36 AM »

Thanks MH.  Great play from both players - I had forgotten just how close it was.  Good to see Andy coming to the net so often.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #49 on: June 10, 2012, 11:46 AM »

There's a video at the top of the article, but as I assume it's embedded from BBC iPlayer, it won't be available outside of the UK unfortunately.

Thanks for the info MH - had wondered if it was any different from the highlights I'd posted at the start of the article.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #50 on: June 10, 2012, 12:34 PM »

If Andy Roddick can give our guy some kudos, perhaps some doubters on here could too:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2156970/Andy-Roddick-admits-2012-Wimbledon.html
indeed and I guess he groaned when he saw he was drawn to meet Andy again after he was toasted last year.  Always remember that point when he said keep it social to Andy.

This clip from Queens website sets out Andy's likely path for those who find text easier than navigating the draw itself
http://www.lta.org.uk/fans-major-events/LTA-summer-grass-court-events/AEGON-Championships/News/2012/Main-draw-reveals-Andy-Murrays-path-at-AEGON-Championships-/
[ Last edit by Ruthie June 10, 2012, 12:38 PM ] IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #51 on: June 10, 2012, 01:43 PM »

Wimbledon is what I care about baby!  Starts two weeks tomorrow!  And two weeks on Wednesday I'll be sat on Court No1!  I'm not hopefully to see Murray play on that court but I checked the schedule for the first Wednesday last year on court 1 and Murray played on it!!! You never know!  w00t
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #52 on: June 10, 2012, 08:22 PM »

I'll be on court 1 the 2nd monday so am hoping the same thing!
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #53 on: June 10, 2012, 09:08 PM »

And I'm on Centre Court 1st Tuesday so I'm hoping the same thing also! 50% chance maybe
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #54 on: June 10, 2012, 09:13 PM »

Centre Court, 2nd Wednesday for me. If he makes the quarters, I should see him. Same tickets as last year. I saw Andy beat Lopez and Federer lose from two sets up on his favourite court.

Perfect day, really.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #55 on: June 10, 2012, 09:24 PM »

I've got Court 1 on the first Thursday - would love to see Andy but I know the chances are quite slim!
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #56 on: June 10, 2012, 09:27 PM »

I've got Court 1 on the first Thursday - would love to see Andy but I know the chances are quite slim!
Chance of Andy on Court 1 2nd Round Katie!.For sure he won't be on Centre every time.  Hope you don't get someone like Berdych - yawn yawn!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #57 on: June 10, 2012, 09:34 PM »

Shout out to Quackers, Ruthie, Mackem, Grabcopy and Katie...
Enjoy your time at the (imho) best tennis tournament in tennis.
Please share your photos, info, personal asides.Smile

But before this, topspin said she will be at Queens tournie, so shout out to her too.Smile
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #58 on: June 10, 2012, 09:56 PM »

Can't wait to see Andy on the grass, i love this time of year!! Good luck on the queens Wimbledon double andy!!! cmon yeah cmon yeah
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #59 on: June 10, 2012, 09:57 PM »

Chance of Andy on Court 1 2nd Round Katie!.For sure he won't be on Centre every time.  Hope you don't get someone like Berdych - yawn yawn!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Andy. Smile I was thinking that Berdych would be a likely player to put on court 1 - I'll enjoy whoever I see though would love to see one of my favourite players, especially Andy.

Shout out to Quackers, Ruthie, Mackem, Grabcopy and Katie...
Enjoy your time at the (imho) best tennis tournament in tennis.
Please share your photos, info, personal asides.Smile

Thanks! Will definitely be taking photos and will share them on here. They may not be that good though as our seats are right up in row z!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »