Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012

(Read 5619 times)
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #90 on: June 11, 2012, 08:12 PM »

I dunno, the support for Ward was pretty great last year when he was beating the likes of Querrey and in particular against Mannarino.

Yes on court no 1 where you tend to get more of the tennis fans not the toffs.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #91 on: June 11, 2012, 09:30 PM »

When they re-ran the Queens' final from last year on Eurosport this afternoon, I couldn't understand why the crowd were so noisy and pro-Andy - quite un-Queens like.  Then I remembered that the final was held over to the Monday and they let all and sundry in for £10 a ticket - explained it all.  Let's hope they have another 'Peoples' Monday' this year - it was a great atmosphere!!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #92 on: June 11, 2012, 09:36 PM »

If the long-range forecast is to be believed, a People's Tuesday might be on the cards!
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #93 on: June 11, 2012, 10:02 PM »

This rain had better do one by the time Wimbledon comes round!

Roof n' that.

Rain at Wimbledon would probably be good for Murray's chances. He would be on Centre Court for the majority of his matches.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #94 on: June 11, 2012, 11:49 PM »

The bad weather is all to do with the Jet Stream (a narrow band of very strong winds about 6 miles above the Earth's surface) which is at present flowing above the Channel when, at this time of year, it should be to the north of Scotland.  Until it shifts we'll have to learn to live with these unsettled conditions, and unfortunately there seems to be no sign of it doing so before the end of June at the earliest.

Yes Wimbledon now has a roof, but they've managed to cope with wet conditions in the past when they didn't have one.  The positive side, apart from Andy's matches, is that we could have yet another "Peoples' Sunday".
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #95 on: June 12, 2012, 12:56 AM »

Always remember the 2001 final atmosphere. Big Goran winning the title, magical stuff.

Hope for some play at Queens tomorrow! Forecast to be cloudy in the afternoon but no rain apparently.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #96 on: June 12, 2012, 01:06 AM »

Definitely one of the best Wimbledon finals ever, but I think it was that rain-drenched tournament which finally convinced the powers-that-be at SW19 that perhaps it was time a roof was seriously considered.  Meanwhile I understand that RG hopes to have a roof by 2017.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #97 on: June 12, 2012, 01:49 AM »

Tuesday 12 June - Update

Due to current forecasted weather reports for Tuesday 12 June, matches currently scheduled for Court 1 and the outside courts have been moved forward to start not before 11.00am, instead of the previously advertised time.

Matches scheduled for Centre Court will start as previously advertised.

Gates will open at the earlier time of 10.00am

http://www.lta.org.uk/fans-major-events/LTA-summer-grass-court-events/AEGON-Championships/

* Main courts OOP 12 June 2012.JPG (59.45 KB, 480x544 - viewed 242 times.)
[ Last edit by Bevc June 12, 2012, 01:57 AM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #98 on: June 12, 2012, 02:04 AM »

Thank goodness for some common sense with the scheduling, but then we Brits should be experts at juggling with the weather by now!

Meanwhile RG's Referee is being criticised for not starting the final at 1 pm when the weather was fine and he knew rain was forecast.  However that meant it would start far too early for American audiences who the Great God TV has to accommodate ... Whistle
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #99 on: June 12, 2012, 04:14 AM »

I get all nostalgic when I see grass and rain.
Makes me think of Cliff Richard..
Funniest thing about this vid is watching all the stiffies in the background..but I do remember this moment live. The weather was so shitty that they came and asked Cliffy old chap if he wouldn't mind singing a few to keep the home fires burning.
And good old Cliffy obliged, and imho gave a stellar performance. I can't even remember who was playing tennis.. qf?

Look out for Pam Shriver far left in her days before schmoozin' with Mirka Fed..... and Ginny Wade in her days before shiittin' on our Andy.

[ Last edit by scotnadian June 12, 2012, 05:06 AM ] IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #100 on: June 12, 2012, 04:48 AM »

Always remember the 2001 final atmosphere. Big Goran winning the title, magical stuff.
Aye.. wildcard wildboy.. t'was a beautiful thing to behold live on my telly that day.
A reminder to all of us that anything is possible.yes
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #101 on: June 12, 2012, 07:51 AM »

Roof n' that.

Rain at Wimbledon would probably be good for Murray's chances. He would be on Centre Court for the majority of his matches.

I care not for centre court as I'm not on it :p it's my only holiday this year and I'm hoping the weather will be awesome like it has been everytime I've been there.
IP Logged
allyh84
ATP Level

Britain's number 3

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #102 on: June 12, 2012, 09:56 AM »

Thank goodness for some common sense with the scheduling, but then we Brits should be experts at juggling with the weather by now!

Meanwhile RG's Referee is being criticised for not starting the final at 1 pm when the weather was fine and he knew rain was forecast.  However that meant it would start far too early for American audiences who the Great God TV has to accommodate ... Whistle

Dumbest decision ever... Yeah, just have it clashing with the European Championships holders...
IP Logged
Knights
Junior

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #103 on: June 12, 2012, 11:02 AM »

Is it raining in London?
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Andy and the green, green grass of home 2012 « Reply #104 on: June 12, 2012, 11:57 AM »

I care not for centre court as I'm not on it :p it's my only holiday this year and I'm hoping the weather will be awesome like it has been everytime I've been there.

Camp out for tickets you big moonbiscuit.

I still haven't seen Murray at Wimbledon, I was cruelly denied last year. Will need to go next year!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »