Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Matthias Bachinger, Today, 12:00 Midnight BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Boodles 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at Boodles 2012

(Read 7187 times)
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Boodles 2012 « Reply #345 on: June 21, 2012, 05:55 PM »

Andy's level of consistency is as usual very high - he kept netting easy approach shots; just as he did against Mahut at Queen's
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at Boodles 2012 « Reply #346 on: June 21, 2012, 05:58 PM »

Andy's got a little more pressure here, so I can see why he'd want to get off the court and avoid all the blah blah. But Nole was pretty funny, with the whole bend and pick up the bag thing, lol. Very Happy
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at Boodles 2012 « Reply #347 on: June 21, 2012, 06:02 PM »

Andy has a great personality as you know.
But he's no show man

I love Andy's personality. I find him very charming and Nole hilariouis. I love them both as they are and wouldn't want change a thing. 
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at Boodles 2012 « Reply #348 on: June 21, 2012, 06:06 PM »

Good posting! Me too!!
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy at Boodles 2012 « Reply #349 on: June 21, 2012, 06:07 PM »

I enjoyed the tennis, and the fun shots. Good to see two guys enjoying themselves. Andy was serving well and you can see the work he has been doing on his forehand and shortening the points.It will be good to see all the hard work that Andy and Ivan have been doing bearing fruit. Was surprised to read that they thought Ivan and Andy were not working well together. Andy is enjoying his time with Ivan and from their sessions together they seem to be having great fun. Ivan has been staying in Andy's house and one of his daughters has been out with Maggy May and Rusty according to to a photo tweeted by Maggy May. I for one think they are getting on extremely well and I don't think Ivan will be leaving Andy's team anytime soon.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Andy at Boodles 2012 « Reply #350 on: June 21, 2012, 06:13 PM »

I wish Andy was more like Nole  personality wise tbh
I don't,I think Andy has a great personality, it's just he hates talking to the press  and such like and who can blame him the way he is treated, Djoko is just a show of !! But I Do think it would be good for Andy to smile a bit more he has a lovely smile.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy at Boodles 2012 « Reply #351 on: June 21, 2012, 06:20 PM »

I don't,I think Andy has a great personality, it's just he hates talking to the press  and such like and who can blame him the way he is treated, Djoko is just a show of !! But I Do think it would be good for Andy to smile a bit more he has a lovely smile.
yes  thats what I mean Very Happy  I do like his personality  but he just needs to lighten up a bit.. **** the media
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy at Boodles 2012 « Reply #352 on: June 21, 2012, 06:26 PM »

Nole's just a natural showman - he loves the limelight and likes to make people laugh. Andy's quieter and it takes him a while to relax in front of people - but when he is relaxed, the funny side of his personality comes out. Really like both guys. Smile
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Andy at Boodles 2012 « Reply #353 on: June 21, 2012, 06:28 PM »

I enjoyed the tennis, and the fun shots. Good to see two guys enjoying themselves. Andy was serving well and you can see the work he has been doing on his forehand and shortening the points.It will be good to see all the hard work that Andy and Ivan have been doing bearing fruit. Was surprised to read that they thought Ivan and Andy were not working well together. Andy is enjoying his time with Ivan and from their sessions together they seem to be having great fun. Ivan has been staying in Andy's house and one of his daughters has been out with Maggy May and Rusty according to to a photo tweeted by Maggy May. I for one think they are getting on extremely well and I don't think Ivan will be leaving Andy's team anytime soon.
oh that's lovely, michelle,  think we are going to see a very different Andy come Wimbeldon .  yay
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Andy at Boodles 2012 « Reply #354 on: June 21, 2012, 06:30 PM »

yes  thats what I mean Very Happy  I do like his personality  but he just needs to lighten up a bit.. f**k the media
Yes it would help especiallly with the people that don't love him like us.
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at Boodles 2012 « Reply #355 on: June 21, 2012, 06:32 PM »

They're just different, Nole and Muzz. Both equally lovely in my books.

Nole is more of an extrovert; he loves to play to an audience. But yet he is clearly sincere in his love of being around people, chatting to them, etc. I don't think it's false at all. It's who he is as a person.

Meanwhile, Muzz is more of an introvert, and a little more guarded with some of the press, for obvious (and valid) reasons!! But he is sweet and funny in a different way.

Nole's humour is overt, slapstick and silly; Muzz's humour is covert, wry and dry.

IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at Boodles 2012 « Reply #356 on: June 21, 2012, 06:33 PM »

Katie, just realized you already said what I said in a nice and briefer way! cheers.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Boodles 2012 « Reply #357 on: June 21, 2012, 06:40 PM »

Andy obviously had a pressing engagement this evening!
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy at Boodles 2012 « Reply #358 on: June 21, 2012, 06:52 PM »

Katie, just realized you already said what I said in a nice and briefer way! cheers.

I like your explanation janetx. Smile Nole and Andy do have contrasting personalities - extrovert/introvert describes them well, but both seem to get on well which is nice - I think they're both genuine guys.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at Boodles 2012 « Reply #359 on: June 21, 2012, 08:34 PM »

I would think Andy's pressing engagement was the football.  Czech Rep. v Portugal.  He will be watching with Lendl.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »