Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Cincinatti 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 14 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at Cincinatti

(Read 7980 times)
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy at Cincinatti « Reply #45 on: August 11, 2012, 04:35 PM »

According to the Cincy tweets Andy is practising on Court 5 and later on another court. So he's getting fit and also getting used to the surface.

[ Last edit by michelle August 11, 2012, 04:49 PM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at Cincinatti « Reply #46 on: August 11, 2012, 04:39 PM »

Even though Andy leads both Querrey and Del Potro in the H2H, teejay, theses are still tough matches and Andy will have to stay on top of his game to come through. Having said that, I am not too worried about the draw. I am more annoyed with Fed's draw. lol but he continues to get one cakewalk draw after another.
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at Cincinatti « Reply #47 on: August 11, 2012, 04:51 PM »

When I first started following tennis seriously, Masters Tournaments were big events and were taken seriously. Today one gets the feeling that players take them very casually and are only interested in the Slams, Two masters equal one slam in points and come the O2 event in London at the end of the season it's the points which count.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Cincinatti « Reply #48 on: August 11, 2012, 04:57 PM »

According to the Cincy tweets Andy is practising on Court 5 and later on another court. So he's getting fit and also getting used to the surface.

Thanks for that. Points wise if he did pull out, with the 750 + 80, and Nadal and Tsonga loosing points it would not be catastrophic. It is more the wanting him to reinforce the "I have truly arrived - be very afraid" message and back up his recent achievements. In a way Fed and Ferer are a bit irrelevant, surely age has to start impacting on them soon?

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at Cincinatti « Reply #49 on: August 11, 2012, 05:15 PM »

Even though Andy leads both Querrey and Del Potro in the H2H, teejay, theses are still tough matches and Andy will have to stay on top of his game to come through.

Oh don't misunderstand me, Andy hasn't got it easy, I wasn't suggesting that. He will have to be on his game with all of them. However, I still think Andy's draw could be an awful lot worse than it is.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Cincinatti « Reply #50 on: August 11, 2012, 05:37 PM »

I think we can safely assume that the knee isn't anything to get excited about but it doesn't necessarily mean he'll play in Cincy.  No point in pushing himself if he isn't fit.  Practising is one thing, playing in a tournament quite another.  Also he must be pretty drained mentally and emotionally, and that could pose more of a problem than physical fitness.

In case anyone still doesn't know - Tsonga had to pull out because, according to his official website, he bumped into a fire hydrant in while out running in Toronto and needed several stitches in his knee as a result.

Also I don't care what anyone thinks - but Federer's constant gift of easy draws does seem to be more than just coincidence now.  Having looked at Andy's in more detail, it could be worse, but he'd have to be on top of his game right from his first match.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at Cincinatti « Reply #51 on: August 11, 2012, 06:04 PM »

Interesting how in Slams and Masters Djokovic is almost always in Federer's half and Murray in Nadal's. But when Nadal doesn't play, Murray is almost always in Djokovic's half. If Nadal pulls out of USO by any chance, then expect Andy to fall in Djokovic's half as well.
Well Nadal is now down to #3 so it's not possible for Andy to be in his half!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at Cincinatti « Reply #52 on: August 11, 2012, 06:05 PM »

When I first started following tennis seriously, Masters Tournaments were big events and were taken seriously. Today one gets the feeling that players take them very casually and are only interested in the Slams, Two masters equal one slam in points and come the O2 event in London at the end of the season it's the points which count.
I think it mainly comes down to the big four. They are so dominant and they now have so many Masters each, that the focus is now solely on the Slams, the big ones. For everyone outside the top 4 the Masters are still big tournaments for them.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Cincinatti « Reply #53 on: August 11, 2012, 06:39 PM »

I'm sure they are still important for the top 4 too.  Fed deliberately went on a points amassing streak after the USO last year - everything was important to him then even 250s!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy at Cincinatti « Reply #54 on: August 11, 2012, 06:43 PM »

Nole is going to be knackered in Cincy, if he plays. yawn Looked very tired last match apparently.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Cincinatti « Reply #55 on: August 11, 2012, 09:09 PM »

He has to be - wouldn't be a bit surprised if he withdrew from Cincy.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Andy at Cincinatti « Reply #56 on: August 11, 2012, 09:36 PM »

Andy played a blinder in Canada to be honest. He played one match and got in some hard court practice. He got his appearance fee. He won a few ranking points and wasn't deducted any for missing a Masters event. And he got a free cake.  He'll be fresh as a daisy for Cinny (he has no injury) and he badly needs a hard court tournament before Flushing Meadows.

The Cinny draw looks easy until DelPo. This guy worries me a bit. apparently he doesn't move well. Youd think Andy could make this guy run all over the place and tire him out. Oh and keep the ball away from his forehand.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Andy at Cincinatti « Reply #57 on: August 11, 2012, 09:40 PM »

It will be an Andy Federer final. Joker either won't play or will have an "injury" at the beginning of the tournament. A bit like Andy in Canada.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy at Cincinatti « Reply #58 on: August 11, 2012, 10:18 PM »

Big Nose if you keep saying that Andy has no injury,( he always tells it as it is, he said in Toronto that it was a niggle, it was the media that have tried to say it was more than that) I'm going to hunt you down with the biggest hypodermic I can lay my hands on, probably have to get it from the Vet and I will insert it into your bottom very,very slowly.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Andy at Cincinatti « Reply #59 on: August 11, 2012, 10:21 PM »

injured my ass!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 14 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »