Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Cincinatti 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 14 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at Cincinatti

(Read 8758 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at Cincinatti « Reply #60 on: August 11, 2012, 11:18 PM »

Well Nadal is now down to #3 so it's not possible for Andy to be in his half!

Right. I forgot about the recent ranking change. In that case, this is what I think will happen. They'll have Rafa and Federer on the same side and Andy/Nole on the other. This is because Rafa is least prepared for this Open; therefore, greater chance of him either get ousted early or to Federer.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at Cincinatti « Reply #61 on: August 11, 2012, 11:26 PM »

Andy played a blinder in Canada to be honest. He played one match and got in some hard court practice. He got his appearance fee. He won a few ranking points and wasn't deducted any for missing a Masters event. And he got a free cake.  He'll be fresh as a daisy for Cinny (he has no injury) and he badly needs a hard court tournament before Flushing Meadows.

The Cinny draw looks easy until DelPo. This guy worries me a bit. apparently he doesn't move well. Youd think Andy could make this guy run all over the place and tire him out. Oh and keep the ball away from his forehand.

No, he does not badly need a tournament before USO. Where do you get all your nonsense? All he needs is some matchplay - even that is not all that required. He''s already practicing on hard and that's enough to make the transition. You just want Andy to get tired so that your god can have a easier time in case he runs into him. Or at least it's better if he doesn't have to meet two top players if ta couple of them go out early due to injuries, exhaustion etc. That's what most of the Fedtards are all about these days anyway.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at Cincinatti « Reply #62 on: August 11, 2012, 11:29 PM »

Big Nose if you keep saying that Andy has no injury,( he always tells it as it is, he said in Toronto that it was a niggle, it was the media that have tried to say it was more than that) I'm going to hunt you down with the biggest hypodermic I can lay my hands on, probably have to get it from the Vet and I will insert it into your bottom very,very slowly.

Michelle!!!  roflmao
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Andy at Cincinatti « Reply #63 on: August 11, 2012, 11:45 PM »

No, he does not badly need a tournament before USO. Where do you get all your nonsense?

I said a hard-court tournament. Why did you deliberately remove "hard-court" from my quote? Anyway ask Andy if its nonsense. He's played one hard-court match in about 4 or 5 months and you think he doesn't need any more matches on hard-court before the USO? Unreal.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Andy at Cincinatti « Reply #64 on: August 11, 2012, 11:53 PM »

You just want Andy to get tired so that your god can have a easier time in case he runs into him. Or at least it's better if he doesn't have to meet two top players if ta couple of them go out early due to injuries, exhaustion etc. That's what most of the Fedtards are all about these days anyway.

LOL. This stuff about Andy being tired is being blown way out of proportion. He's played 2 tournaments in the last 2 months. He should not be tired. I don't see Joker looking tired! OK maybe after playing Canada and Cinny Andy may be getting a bit tired and that's why I'm quite happy he's pulled out of Canada. But you are saying that playing Cinny now will make him tired for USO, when he's already pulled out of Canada,  then if that is the case Andy should pack it in now.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at Cincinatti « Reply #65 on: August 12, 2012, 12:05 AM »

I said a hard-court tournament. Why did you deliberately remove "hard-court" from my quote? Anyway ask Andy if its nonsense. He's played one hard-court match in about 4 or 5 months and you think he doesn't need any more matches on hard-court before the USO? Unreal.

And why should I even mention hard-court tournaments when that's all that are being played anyway? Andy may need some match play but practicing on hard sometimes can be enough. He's a natural on this surface so he does not badly need to win a "hard court tournament". The top players are good enough to survive without winning a related tournament, because the rest of the field aren't good enough to threaten them in the real sense and by the time they get to semi, they'll be in perfect position to compete on a much higher level against other top players.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at Cincinatti « Reply #66 on: August 12, 2012, 12:12 AM »

LOL. This stuff about Andy being tired is being blown way out of proportion. He's played 2 tournaments in the last 2 months. He should not be tired. I don't see Joker looking tired! OK maybe after playing Canada and Cinny Andy may be getting a bit tired and that's why I'm quite happy he's pulled out of Canada. But you are saying that playing Cinny now will make him tired for USO, when he's already pulled out of Canada,  then if that is the case Andy should pack it in now.

Typically this wouldn't have been a major problem but at the same time there's no need to go for back to back tournaments either. The reason why Andy shouldn't invest too much in any of these tournaments is because first of all, USO is around the corner and that's far more important; second, he's still high after the Olympics, so he needs time to get used to those feelings and carry it over to USO. If he's too much invested at Cincy now for example, a bad loss can have a bad affect overall, so he needs to avoid that. Also, this will keep him fresh as he'll need it but we'll see how it goes.
[ Last edit by Emma Jean August 12, 2012, 12:35 AM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Cincinatti « Reply #67 on: August 12, 2012, 12:16 AM »

Andy played a blinder in Canada to be honest. He played one match and got in some hard court practice. He got his appearance fee. He won a few ranking points and wasn't deducted any for missing a Masters event. And he got a free cake.  He'll be fresh as a daisy for Cinny (he has no injury) and he badly needs a hard court tournament before Flushing Meadows.
LOL. This stuff about Andy being tired is being blown way out of proportion. He's played 2 tournaments in the last 2 months. He should not be tired. I don't see Joker looking tired! OK maybe after playing Canada and Cinny Andy may be getting a bit tired and that's why I'm quite happy he's pulled out of Canada. But you are saying that playing Cinny now will make him tired for USO, when he's already pulled out of Canada,  then if that is the case Andy should pack it in now.
You speak with such great authority, BN.  So when did you get to the final of a Slam, have five days' rest and then spend two weeks training, win an Olympic gold medal and two days later fly across the Atlantic, having had very little rest due to media obligations, to take part in a tournament on a completely different surface with no chance to properly adjust either to it or to the change in time zones?  Get real - Andy's a human being, not a machine. 

[ Last edit by Aileen August 12, 2012, 12:27 AM ] IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Re: Andy at Cincinatti « Reply #68 on: August 12, 2012, 12:24 AM »

Federer's draw:

Bye - Nieminen/Bogomolov - Kohlschreiber - Monaco - Ferrer - [Final]

This is just utterly ridiculous.

Murray's...

Bye - Querrey/Melzer - Roddick - Del Potro - Djokovic - [Final]

Come on.

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at Cincinatti « Reply #69 on: August 12, 2012, 12:50 AM »

You speak with such great authority, BN.  So when did you get to the final of a Slam, have five days' rest and then spend two weeks training, win an Olympic gold medal and two days later fly across the Atlantic, having had very little rest due to media obligations, to take part in a tournament on a completely different surface with no chance to properly adjust either to it or to the change in time zones?  Get real - Andy's a human being, not a machine. 

Don't forget all those interviews since Olympics. Andy himself admitted that he didn't get decent amount of sleep since then. It's much easier said than done that's what I say. But as I mentioned before, BigNose has a whole different interest in this.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Cincinatti « Reply #70 on: August 12, 2012, 01:11 AM »

Don't forget all those interviews since Olympics. Andy himself admitted that he didn't get decent amount of sleep since then. It's much easier said than done that's what I say. But as I mentioned before, BigNose has a whole different interest in this.
I did mention the media obligations in London - and the interviews continued once he got to Toronto.  I feel tired just thinking about it.

Oh I know BN has his own agenda.  Well good luck to his hero who should be nice and rested for Cincy.

Toronto looks like it could be interesting.  Tuned into tennisTV an hour ago and found the Djoko SF was rained off.  If Djoko has to play his semi, and perehaps the final on the same day, he's going to be really whacked for Cincy - and if the final is delayed until Monday I really can't see him turning up there.

With all the rain delays they've had I'm glad Andy went out early.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at Cincinatti « Reply #71 on: August 12, 2012, 01:45 AM »

injured my ass!
That's what she's hinting at, yes.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Cincinatti « Reply #72 on: August 12, 2012, 01:55 AM »

Oh damn - Djoko/Tipsy match got started and then stopped by heavy rain.  3-2 Djoko and 30-30 on Tipsy's serve.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at Cincinatti « Reply #73 on: August 12, 2012, 01:56 AM »

You know what? It's not raining where I live at all. I am on the west side and Rogers is on the east side.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Cincinatti « Reply #74 on: August 12, 2012, 02:10 AM »

I can believe that.  I've seen it happen here in Edinburgh, and we're about an eighth of the size of Toronto.

Wonder if it'll get played tonight, given that it's just after 9 pm there?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 14 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »