Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Japan Open 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 25 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at Japan Open

(Read 13855 times)
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #135 on: September 29, 2012, 08:32 AM »

See that Andy has Gael Monfils as his first round opponent, also could face Milos in the semi-final, I'm sure Milos will give him more respect this time.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #136 on: September 29, 2012, 10:03 AM »

The draw for tokyo.  Tough as always. http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2012/329/mds.pdf

Monfils v Murray 1st round  nervous

Wawa.  Chardy.  doh  Tipsy,  Raonic. 

Andy won't take anything for granted but he does have a winning H2H over Gael, though he did win their last meeting but this will only be Gael's 2nd tournie after being off injured.  Just read this about his progress in Thailand:-

Gilles Simon reached the semi-finals of the Thailand Open 6-4, 6-1 yesterday as he defeated fellow Frenchman Gael Monfils, who was feeling the strain after missing four months with injury.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #137 on: September 29, 2012, 12:26 PM »

Monfils is very rusty.

Tough draw though, will do well to win here.
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #138 on: September 29, 2012, 12:36 PM »

Injury ravaged Monfils just lost to simple Simon so easy there. Wawrinka was disposed of in straight sets at the Olympics so no problem.  Andy will be more than ready for Chardy should they meet having had almost a 3 weeks break.  He was exhausted following the Olympics win the last time they played.

Raonic just lost to Nimienen in straight sets.  His flaws are being found out. Tipsy probably played his heart's out at the USO and has already peaked so this will be an interesting match up but Andy will be too strong for him.

Assuming Andy is bringing his USO final form, the only real challenge I see is Berdych in the final. It will be a cracking match but I think this time round Andy will win in straight set. Berdych won't be able to complain about wind hampering his play lol

No disrespect to his talented opponents but we are talking about the reigning Olympics and USO Champion here guys. The hottest guy on the planet right now lol

They will only have a chance if Andy decides to enjoy life and takes it a bit easy as this is a small 500 series tournament ...
[ Last edit by Philip September 29, 2012, 12:52 PM ] IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #139 on: September 29, 2012, 12:44 PM »

Injury ravaged Monfils just lost to simple Simon so easy there. Wawrinka was disposed of in straight sets at the Olympic so no problem.

Raonic just lost to Nimienen in straight sets.  His flaws are being found out. Tipsy probably played his heart's out at the USO and has already peaked so this will be an interesting match up but Andy will be too strong for him.

Assuming Andy is bringing his USO final form, the only real challenge I see is Berdych in the final. It will be a cracking match but I think this time round Andy will win in straight sets lol

No disrespect to his talented opponents but we are talking about the reigning Olympic and USO Champion here guys. The hottest guy on the planet right now lol
Totally agree with you.
IP Logged
Eddster
Satellite Level

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #140 on: September 29, 2012, 01:36 PM »

If I could 'like' that comment Philip I would lol... Watch Andy 'Neo' Murray go Wink
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #141 on: September 29, 2012, 01:44 PM »

Andy will only have to play Chardy if he (Chardy) gets past Wawrinka. Either way no-one should be fearing Chardy based on their last match. It's clear for whatever reason Andy wasn't at his best. Should they meet you can be sure he'll be looking to set the record straight, much as he did with Raonic.

Probable route is: Monfils - Ramos/Lacko - Wawrinka/Chardy - Tipsarevic/Raonic - Berdych/Nishikori/Monaco

Tipsarevic is the only one who worries me. Berdych maybe if he can find the form from the USO but Tipsarevic is so under-rated on here it's unreal. He's very much a part of the top 9 and very much in the hunt for London.

IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #142 on: September 29, 2012, 01:50 PM »

Andy will only have to play Chardy if he (Chardy) gets past Wawrinka. Either way no-one should be fearing Chardy based on their last match. It's clear for whatever reason Andy wasn't at his best. Should they meet you can be sure he'll be looking to set the record straight, much as he did with Raonic.

Probable route is: Monfils - Ramos/Lacko - Wawrinka/Chardy - Tipsarevic/Raonic - Berdych/Nishikori/Monaco

Tipsarevic is the only one who worries me. Berdych maybe if he can find the form from the USO but Tipsarevic is so under-rated on here it's unreal. He's very much a part of the top 9 and very much in the hunt for London.

Exactly. Tipsarevic hits very clean shots which can be quite dangerous at times.
Very capable of causing an upset..
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #143 on: September 29, 2012, 01:50 PM »

Here's our lad getting ready. Shot by Ana Ivanovic no less.. and she took 3 videos, but they're all very similar. She must like Andy.  Eyebrow raise.

I don't think it's actually Ivanovic Scotn, just someone using her name for whatever reason.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #144 on: September 29, 2012, 03:10 PM »

‎"Andy’s Comments

Japan is the first stop on my Asia swing this year and I’m really looking forward to it. We were googling sushi restaurants at the beginning of the year, which tells you something about why we’re so pumped to be coming to the city. Home of the best sushi in the world, and a very good tournament too. I played well here last year, so hopefully I’ll be able to produce a similar performance in 2012."
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #145 on: September 29, 2012, 03:23 PM »

Hi All,

We've talked about it on another thread, but Andy could have a bit of a lull after all his success, but I have to say, I'd be surprised. I think he did exactly the right thing to have a break after the USO, to enjoy what he'd done and get his head around it.

I really think what happened in Toronto, with Andy getting a win before having to pull out, and then in Cincy, with the good win over Querrey before the lose to Chardy, was a blessing in disguise. It wasn't remotely relevant to the USO, and I think it made Andy realise the importance of managing himself properly after a big win. Good lesson to learn in the circumstances, that one lol. Seriously though, I really do think he'll go in to Tokyo ready to go.

It will be interesting to see Monfils again. It seems as if he was out for ages. If Andy comes out in the right frame of mind I'd expect him to win that one. I mean, would you want to be in Monfils's shoes if Andy is in the mood?

If Andy meets Chardy again I'm not even going to think about Cincy. Cincy was one of those things. It might let Chardy think he has a chance, but if Andy is up for it and awake, I think he'll win. The fact is that by the time Andy met Chardy in Cincy Andy was shattered. There was no point, at least in my mind, in him trying to bust a gut to beat Chardy when the USO was so close. However, Tokyo will be different.

If Andy meets Wawrinka Andy should win. The Olympics match was straight sets, but even then it did have some tight moments. However, it was comfortable enough.

Tipsy could be interesting for Andy. I think Tipsy is delightfully bonkers. On the other hand, should he play Andy and win, he would just be bonkers Whistle.

In a best of three match Raonic could make life tough I suppose. Andy would need to get on the front foot and stay on it. I bet Raonic won't relish another match with Andy so soon though.

I wonder which Berdych will turn up this time, the one who left his form in the locker room, like in the Olympics, or the one who turned up at the USO? He's bound to be a moody git either way. Whistle

Whatever happens, and I'd love Andy to defend the title successfully, it will be great to see him playing again.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #146 on: September 29, 2012, 03:45 PM »

Steve G reckons it's gonna be Andy - Nishikori   final with Andy winning
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #147 on: September 29, 2012, 04:04 PM »

Ooh I'd love an Andy-Kei final as the latter is in my next rung of favourites after Andy and wouldn't that be wonderful for Japan though of course it would mean no support for Andy in the final.  But he knows how to feed off that.  Yes it's a tough draw but nothing too tough for our USO and Olympics champ unless he does have a dip following those successes for whatever reason.   I'm sure it won't be because he's decided to take it easier Philip but you just never know what happens with that old psyche.
Must admit I'd forgotten there would be no byes in this tournament so had assumed Andy wouldn't be playing till mid week.  Still he's had plenty of time to rest and got here in good time.   I'm sure he's more than ready to go.  
But please discard that cardi Andy - reminds me of Val Doonican.
 Whistle
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #148 on: September 29, 2012, 04:07 PM »

Agree with Ruthie, unless a massive bump to earth, no worries for Andy with that draw.
Even Chardy, can say it now but Andy was p*** poor against him last time.
Expecting it to be a different story in this tournament. Fingers crossed
Ruthie, you're so picky naughty I think the cardy is very preppy Whistle
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #149 on: September 29, 2012, 04:07 PM »

No disrespect to his talented opponents but we are talking about the reigning Olympics and USO Champion here guys. The hottest guy on the planet right now lol
Liked your whole post, Philip.. but this part was my fave.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 25 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »