Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Japan Open 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 25 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at Japan Open

(Read 13867 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #195 on: September 30, 2012, 01:34 PM »

I think we'll just have to see how Andy goes in Tokyo. I suspect that if he thought tiredness was a big problem for him he wouldn't play, my theory being that the priority would be Shanghai, being a Masters, and the WTF for him. However, he's there, so we'll see. I would have been more worried if he'd played Bangkok to be honest. I'm glad he's had some time to prepare for Tokyo properly, but also some time before that to come to terms with his USO success.

The thing is, to be fair, at this point in the year they must all be tired. I suppose the key is to manage that properly and stay injury free. I'm sure Andy will have spoken to Lendl about that.

I hope Andy comes out in Tokyo and gets rid of opponents as quickly as possibly. Long, drawn out matches might not help him.

I hope I catch some of Andy's matches before Sky start showing some coverage on Thursday. I bet Andy will be on at some unearthly hour though, which isn't ideal for me. Still, never mind.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #196 on: September 30, 2012, 01:39 PM »

Yes I'm sure he and Lendl will have thought v carefully how to manage this stretch in the run up to WTF - hence the decision not to defend his title last week.    I wonder if he'll pull out of Basel if goes well in East so as to minimise repeat of last year at WTF?
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #197 on: September 30, 2012, 01:41 PM »

Yes I'm sure he and Lendl will have thought v carefully how to manage this stretch in the run up to WTF - hence the decision not to defend his title last week.    I wonder if he'll pull out of Basel if goes well in East so as to minimise repeat of last year at WTF?

I wondered about Basel to be honest. I've just said on another thread that I wondered if something might have to go. Andy isn't going to want to risk a repeat of last year's WTF. It was such a shame.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #198 on: September 30, 2012, 02:11 PM »

I'm the same Teejay!I've just been saying on another thread that I don't think we need to worry too much.At least that's my hope!Andy and his team won't be leaving things to chance or overlooking them,and I remember him saying that one of the things that Lendl had brought to the table is that he's very good at knowing how to schedule the tournaments.Andy has said that he really wants to do better at the WTF this year,so I'm sure the team will be thinking things through very carefully.

That said,with it being so close to the end of the year,Andy may just want to go all out and play as well as he can,for as long as he can.I remember him saying something similar around the time of the Olympics,that it was a lot of matches in not a lot of time,but that it was just a matter of playing as best you could through that because it was worth it.

Whatever way he decides to go,I think we're just going to have to trust to Andy and his team that they know what they're doing,and know how far he can push himself.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #199 on: September 30, 2012, 02:31 PM »

I think Andy (if he's fit) would be reluctant to pull out of Basel after what happened last year.

He'll be fine won't he?  He's had a bit of a rest, it's a maximum of 5 best of 3 set matches, he'll get a bye in the 1st round at Shanghai.

Let's hope ruthless Grand Slam Winning Olympic Champion keeps the matches short (in a good way).
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #200 on: September 30, 2012, 03:00 PM »

I would think he would be very reluctant to pull out of Basel when he had to pull out last year.  If anything I would have thought he would be more likely to pull out of Paris which is immediately before the WTF.  I know that would incur a heavy penalty but it might be worth it.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #201 on: September 30, 2012, 03:12 PM »

Who knows how this will all pan out. It's all part of the fascination of following Andy. You just never know what will happen next.
Sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate.

He's got his head screwed on straight now.. has a loyal, brilliant team, coach, girlfriend, family, doggies and fanbase supporting him. A couple of Olympic blings around his neck, and a nice big shiny trophy under his belt.
...And he's no doubt stuffed full to the gills with his fave sushi.

Can't wait to see him in action again.
Let's go!  thumb up

IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #202 on: September 30, 2012, 03:13 PM »

Who knows how this will all pan out. It's all part of the fascination of following Andy. You just never know what will happen next.
Sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate.

He's got his head screwed on straight now.. has a loyal, brilliant team, coach, girlfriend, family, doggies and fanbase supporting him. A couple of Olympic blings around his neck, and a nice big shiny trophy under his belt.
...And he's no doubt stuffed full to the gills with his fave sushi.

Can't wait to see him in action again.
Let's go!  thumb up

Posting of perfection Very Happy Very Happy
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #203 on: September 30, 2012, 03:24 PM »

Whatever way he decides to go,I think we're just going to have to trust to Andy and his team that they know what they're doing,and know how far he can push himself.

I think that's right Dani. I think Andy said he was going to be talking to Lendl after the USO. I'm sure part of that discussion was to work out how to go on through the rest of the season.

As long as Andy is fit I don't see any problems to be honest. He knows enough about the tour now to know what needs to be done, and he has a good team around him, including Lendl. If something does have to go, so be it, but I'm sure Andy and Lendl will make the right decisions to give Andy the best chances of doing well.

I must say, I really can't wait to see him playing again this week. It seems like its been ages. I've been playing DVD's to death, and I've lost count of how many times I've re-run the highlights of the final of the USO!
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #204 on: September 30, 2012, 07:44 PM »

A bit of Andy, Berdy, Baggy, Troicki and a South Korean pop group while we're waiting...

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Media/Videos/Uploaded/2012/9/30/Tokyo-2012-ATP-Sunday-Feature.aspx

IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #205 on: September 30, 2012, 07:54 PM »

Hi guys - I'm in Arizona at the moment - flying home tomorrow evening and will miss Andy's first match but it will be good to look forward to seeing him play again. Love to you allXXX
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #206 on: September 30, 2012, 08:00 PM »

Hi guys - I'm in Arizona at the moment - flying home tomorrow evening and will miss Andy's first match but it will be good to look forward to seeing him play again. Love to you allXXX
Nice ot hear from you Jan.
 We'll mind the "shop" here whilst you're away when Andy's playing.
 Bon voyage!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #207 on: September 30, 2012, 08:03 PM »

A bit of Andy, Berdy, Baggy, Troicki and a South Korean pop group while we're waiting...
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Media/Videos/Uploaded/2012/9/30/Tokyo-2012-ATP-Sunday-Feature.aspx
Thanks, Elena.
Looks like Berdych and Troicki went to the same barber as Andy a while back, or Andy's buzz-cutter 'accidently' slipped on their scalps too. lol
The Pop Group was... interesting.. roflmao  And I wonder what Victor said to Andy after the photo op with them?.. roflmao
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #208 on: September 30, 2012, 08:03 PM »

Quote from: Elena link=topic=23188.msg788191#msgv788191 date=1349030678

Thanks for the interesting video. Those Korean singers sure have strange dance moves on the court. I couldn't recognise Andy's tall hitting opponent wearing the yellow shirt.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #209 on: September 30, 2012, 08:04 PM »

You might get home in time, Jan. Safe return and hope you had a great time. Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 25 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »