Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Japan Open 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 25 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at Japan Open

(Read 13273 times)
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #15 on: September 23, 2012, 07:28 AM »

Hoping Andy can at least defend Japan Open yay
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #16 on: September 23, 2012, 07:34 AM »

By the way, don't get excited because Andy's ranking is shown as world No.4, despite the player list being updated on 19 Sept.  The rankings are based on those of 20 August.

Hey, no fair!!!
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #17 on: September 23, 2012, 09:21 AM »

I like it this way. It helps to protect for a few weeks the ranking of people who has been having a bad patch or coming back from injury. For Andy who is rising, everyone knows Andy is the Olympic and USO champion and Andy is still the number 1 seed in this tournament so no impact on the draw this time around.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #18 on: September 23, 2012, 11:02 AM »

Thanks for the explanation Phillip, as I was a bit miffed seeing Andy as still No.4   So any idea when Andy will have the No.3 next to his name?
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #19 on: September 23, 2012, 12:04 PM »

Thanks for the explanation Phillip, as I was a bit miffed seeing Andy as still No.4   So any idea when Andy will have the No.3 next to his name?

Yeah, I wanted to know the same thing...maybe during Shanghai..
IP Logged
combBMS

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #20 on: September 23, 2012, 01:12 PM »

just hope Andy enjoy his asian swing wub ,
always loved that final match against Federer back in 2010,flawless! nervous so another win over fedmug would be nice cmon yeah
oops, I forgot this thread is for Japan Open doh
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #21 on: September 23, 2012, 03:15 PM »

Yeah, I wanted to know the same thing...maybe during Shanghai..
I've just looked at Shanghai and if it's to be believed Fed and Nadal are also playing as well as Andy and Djoko (the player list will be updated near the time), but it too makes Andy No.4, so maybe we won't see a change until Basel.  Meanwhile Philip's explanation seems reasonable enough to me.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #22 on: September 23, 2012, 03:22 PM »

Thanks also Aileen! Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #23 on: September 23, 2012, 03:43 PM »

Shanghai are probably living in hope that Fed and Nadal will still turn up. lol  Seriously though, it's always the same with tournaments because players declare their intention to play months before the actual date, and the player list is based on that.  Changes to the list are left until much nearer the time so's that even late withdrawals can be taken into account.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #24 on: September 23, 2012, 04:02 PM »

Shanghai are probably living in hope that Fed and Nadal will still turn up. lol  Seriously though, it's always the same with tournaments because players declare their intention to play months before the actual date, and the player list is based on that.  Changes to the list are left until much nearer the time so's that even late withdrawals can be taken into account.
I would be very surprised if either turn up, Nadal because of his knees and Federer won't want a drumming from Andy as he had in the Olympics and in 2010 in this tournament. He will wait for the faster courts.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #25 on: September 23, 2012, 04:15 PM »

I would be very surprised if either turn up, Nadal because of his knees and Federer won't want a drumming from Andy as he had in the Olympics and in 2010 in this tournament. He will wait for the faster courts.
Of course they won't turn up.  Fed's already said he's giving the Asian swing a miss because he wants a rest, and Nadal has intimated he'll probably be out for the rest of the season.  Also they have Delpo playing, but there's a doubt over his fitness now.  I'd love to see Andy winning it for the 3rd year running.  But, hey - we aren't there yet.  One tournament at a time ...
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #26 on: September 23, 2012, 04:57 PM »

Will Eurosport be showing any of these tournaments?
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #27 on: September 23, 2012, 05:14 PM »

Will Eurosport be showing any of these tournaments?
I think that they show the women's events but not the men's. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #28 on: September 23, 2012, 05:15 PM »

That's crazy...
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #29 on: September 23, 2012, 05:25 PM »

Because I neither want nor can afford Sky, I once subscribed to Eurosport Player but it didn't last long for that very reason.  The annual sub for tennistv.com, the official ATP livestream which streams from ESPN, may seem a little steep (£65 this year and probably more next) but really is excellent value for money, and a heck of a sight cheaper than Sky.  Also you can get catch-up videos if you miss matches.  They don't stream Slams or Davis Cup though because these aren't ATP events.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 25 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »