Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Japan Open 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 25 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at Japan Open

(Read 13496 times)
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #30 on: September 23, 2012, 07:03 PM »

Try this link when the tournament kicks off.... they might have it ... i use it for most of my sports streaming.
http://www.thefirstrow.eu/
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #31 on: September 23, 2012, 07:03 PM »

Gutted for me then. Will either stream for free or purchase the official ATP Livestream like Aileen.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #32 on: September 23, 2012, 10:06 PM »

I've just looked at Shanghai and if it's to be believed Fed and Nadal are also playing as well as Andy and Djoko (the player list will be updated near the time), but it too makes Andy No.4, so maybe we won't see a change until Basel.  Meanwhile Philip's explanation seems reasonable enough to me.
Not sure if it's what you're referring to but Andy would be seeded ahead of Nadal at Shanghai if the latter plays, but I'm pretty sure he won't be.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #33 on: September 23, 2012, 11:15 PM »

With SmugJoker, SmugNadal and SmugFed all missing this one I reckon Andy should win this tournament at a canter. Provided of course he is totally motivated and doesn't switch-off just because he's won a Slam.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #34 on: September 23, 2012, 11:23 PM »

When does the tournament start?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #35 on: September 24, 2012, 03:06 AM »

Gutted for me then. Will either stream for free or purchase the official ATP Livestream like Aileen.
Strongly recommend the ATP livestream. yes  Here's the link if you want to check it out - http://www.tennistv.com/home - however, be aware that, with 250s and 500s, they usually don't start streaming until the 4th day of the tournament (Thursday), so if Andy plays on the Wednesday you'll have to resort to another livestream to watch it.  If that's the case then http://www.lshunter.tv/tennis-live-streaming-video.html is the one I go to.  It's free, but it can be a hit or a miss whether you get a decent stream or not.  Also not all the streams have English commentaries.

Just had a look and I see the ATPare livestreaming the Thailand Open this year - now why didn't they do that last year when Andy was playing!  Also covering both the China and Japan Opens, and of course Shanghai.  World No.9 Janko Tipsarevic is the No.1 seed in Bangkok.

When does the tournament start?
Japan 1 Oct and Shanghai 7 Oct.  Incidentally you'll always find the tournament date and info under EVENT on the RH side of the main webpage of this forum.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #36 on: September 24, 2012, 08:21 AM »

Thanks Aileen you're a star Smile
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #37 on: September 24, 2012, 11:11 AM »

With SmugJoker, SmugNadal and SmugFed all missing this one I reckon Andy should win this tournament at a canter. Provided of course he is totally motivated and doesn't switch-off just because he's won a Slam.

He might decide to choose to win or not, let's see eh?
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #38 on: September 24, 2012, 11:21 AM »

Hi All,

For those of you who do have Sky, Tokyo is being covered from Thursday next week. For Beijing they are just showing the final. Shanghai, being a Masters, is on every day.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #39 on: September 24, 2012, 11:33 AM »

I'm having withdrawal symptoms 
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #40 on: September 24, 2012, 11:36 AM »

I'm having withdrawal symptoms 

Me too!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #41 on: September 24, 2012, 12:36 PM »

I'm the same!What with Wimbledon,the Olympics,Toronto,Cincinatti and the USO all coming so hard on the heels of one another,we've all been thoroughly spoiled with tons of Andy!
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #42 on: September 24, 2012, 08:28 PM »

Thanks John for the videos!!  I am glad to see others feeling withdrawal, it seems like it's been forever since Andy has played.  I think that Andy's pride will motivate him to want to win the Asian Tour.  I think he will want to continue his fine playing.  Andy speaking Japanese, will we see that again?
IP Logged
marg
Junior

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #43 on: September 24, 2012, 11:32 PM »

Will have to keep upto date on ATP site as I am going on Holiday.  I am also having withdrawl symptoms
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #44 on: September 25, 2012, 01:59 AM »

Thanks Aileen you're a star Smile
Glad to have been of help. Smile  By the way, if you look under VIDEO you'll see that they have a list of categories, one of which is "Full Match On Demand".  Some of these matches go back several years, so if you want to see Andy's great matches, or any other ones for that matter, that's the place to go.  Interestingly the charge for this service used to be £2 per video, now it seems that it's free.

Thanks John for the videos!!  I am glad to see others feeling withdrawal, it seems like it's been forever since Andy has played.  I think that Andy's pride will motivate him to want to win the Asian Tour.  I think he will want to continue his fine playing.  Andy speaking Japanese, will we see that again?
I'm a huge Andy supporter, but I'm also a tennis fan, so I can live without him for a couple of weeks or so - after all there's always MW.  In fact it's quite nice occasionally to be able to watch tournaments and feel totally relaxed about them, thereby preserving my nervous system for the ones Andy's playing in!

I agree with you about Andy being motivated - he's already said he wants to build on his Olympics and USO wins and keep the momentum going, so fingers crossed that he can and also that he stays injury free.  Also I can't see Lendl letting him rest on his laurels.  As for him speaking Japanese, maybe he's polishing it up in anticipation? Whistle

Talking of Lendl - does anyone have any idea if he will be linking up with Andy before Shanghai - maybe in Tokyo?  He just seems to have vanished into thin air since the USO.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 25 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »