Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Japan Open 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 25 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Andy at Japan Open  (Read 12460 times)
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #75 on: September 26, 2012, 11:17 AM »

I don't know who writes the articles for Live Tennis Guide but English clearly isn't their first language!

So what? Its perfectly understandable.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #76 on: September 26, 2012, 12:24 PM »

Would a WTF win be enough to see Djokvic end the year with the no1 spot?

While I would LOVE Smugfed to be knocked off number one,I'd really love to see Andy win the WTF!!That's what I'm hoping for anyway.I mentioned it to my friend,who said it wasn't realistic.I replied that she didn't think my hopes for Andy at Wimbledon (Ok,so he didn't win it,but he did get a heck of a lot farther than she predicted he would!),the Olympics and the USO were realistic either!She really had no answer to that Very Happy
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #77 on: September 26, 2012, 12:41 PM »

Andy winning the WTF would be great I agree, and I have a feeling that would mean smugfed couldn't end the year at 1 either
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #78 on: September 26, 2012, 04:58 PM »

I read a piece somewhere a while back-I can't remember where now-that saying Federer couldn't really pull out of Shanghai again this year,because of his ties with Rolex,who are obviously the current sponsors of it.I'm not sure how accurate that is,or how much of an impact the Rolex ties would have on his decision (I'm sure if he was VERY against playing he'd find a way not to),but it might be at least a part of the reason.That,and,of course,he is very much going to put up a fight to hold on to No. 1!
If nothing else, this decision to play shows just how much of a drama queen he is.  Only a week ago he was telling the world how wounded and exhausted he was, even hinting that the rest of this season could be in doubt.  He must have remarkable recovery powers!
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #79 on: September 26, 2012, 05:10 PM »

Federer is definitely appearing at Shanghai it has been confirmed on their website. I do think like others here it has everything to do with ending the year as No1 as he probably would not otherwise.
But this tournament has Andy's name all over it and I look forward to him giving Federer another crushing in the semis or finals.
Furthermore I think that both Novak and Andy could mount an assault on Roger throughout the indoor season as he is surely going to be feeling his age after the year he has had.
I don't believe he is unbeatable indoors at all, he has merely benefitted from the injuries the others have experienced around this time.
Lets hope Andy can win a ton of points and position himself to get to number one when he wins the AO in the new year  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #80 on: September 26, 2012, 05:48 PM »

He was apparently feeling his age a week or so ago!  Yes he does want to end the year as No.1, but why all the earlier pantomime?  It smacks of mind-games to me.  If it is the case though that he's dragging himself back, then he could well be a sitting duck for Novak and Andy.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #81 on: September 26, 2012, 05:54 PM »

Would a WTF win be enough to see Djokvic end the year with the no1 spot?
Obviously depends on who wins the two Masters but it probably would, assuming he does pretty decent at bare minimum in the two Masters as well.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #82 on: September 26, 2012, 05:59 PM »

He was apparently feeling his age a week or so ago!  Yes he does want to end the year as No.1, but why all the earlier pantomime?  It smacks of mind-games to me.  If it is the case though that he's dragging himself back, then he could well be a sitting duck for Novak and Andy.

I think it is mind games from Fed. He wants to watch himself mind, or Ms. Wade will throw a hissy fit and accuse him of faking.....or not.

Personally I'd love Andy to crown off his year by thumping Fed at the WTF. That would make me very happy lol.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #83 on: September 26, 2012, 06:12 PM »

But that's what makes me so angry TJ.  Andy has a genuine injury and gets accused of being a drama queen.  Fed whines that he's "wounded" and "exhausted" and that's OK then!  In fact he's got away for years with using "exhaustion" as an excuse for withdrawing from tournaments he doesn't want to play in. grr 
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #84 on: September 26, 2012, 06:33 PM »

One of the perks of being the apparent GOAT it appears is that butter never melts in the mouth.
The 2 week wimbledon masses never get to know just how flawed Roger's ego can be as he is always talked up endlessly.
And he is like it or not the ambassador of the sport.
Maybe one day after a few more Murray slams Andy will get the same treatment. But Andy I feel is too real to play the game so the powers that be will miss Roger whenever he eventually retires.
And in a way thats good.
Nadal also has the polished presentation skills of a federer but i think is a nicer person..perhaps.
[ Last edit by theycanbillme September 26, 2012, 06:39 PM ] IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #85 on: September 26, 2012, 06:34 PM »

Anyway I really do feel that both Andy and Novak are going to make Roger really feel his age over the next 6 to 8 weeks.
And personally I can't wait for it  devil
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #86 on: September 26, 2012, 06:35 PM »

But that's what makes me so angry TJ.  Andy has a genuine injury and gets accused of being a drama queen.  Fed whines that he's "wounded" and "exhausted" and that's OK then!  In fact he's got away for years with using "exhaustion" as an excuse for withdrawing from tournaments he doesn't want to play in. grr 

I agree completely, don't get me wrong. Fed's mysterious back problem, the one that only materialises when he is losing, annoys me considerably, let alone the exhaustion excuse. What angered me was during Wimbledon, when he was allowed to go back to the locker room for treatment on his back. I spent the whole medical time out that day abusing the umpire! Andy had his treatment at the French in full view of the crowd, and was derided by Wade and co. as a result. It's a classic example of one rule for Saint Fed and another for everyone else, especially Andy.

I think all this 'wounded' business is funny though, I really do. What the idiot means is that Andy has dented his pride by not rolling over at the Olympics, and he can't get over it. Poor diddums. Whistle
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #87 on: September 26, 2012, 06:53 PM »

If nothing else, this decision to play shows just how much of a drama queen he is.  Only a week ago he was telling the world how wounded and exhausted he was, even hinting that the rest of this season could be in doubt.  He must have remarkable recovery powers!
But Aileen anyone who can walk on water can recover from being wounded and exhausted.   Just hope that Andy leaves him wounded and exhausted so that he does really badly at WTF.
IP Logged
audie
Futures Level

my guilty ppleasure

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #88 on: September 26, 2012, 06:54 PM »

Sky will be showing it from early hours of Thursday morning - they usually only show last few days of anything less than a masters tournament.  At least they're showing some of it this year because they didn't last.

thanks ruthie
unfortunatley i dont have sky  or cable only freeview
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #89 on: September 26, 2012, 06:57 PM »

thanks ruthie
unfortunatley i dont have sky  or cable only freeview
unfortunately there's v little tennis on freeview Audie.   I don't really approve of Sky because of Murdoch but it has opened up a whole world of tennis for me.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 25 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »