Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Japan Open 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at Japan Open

(Read 14402 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #345 on: October 05, 2012, 12:07 PM »

Nishikori is a set and a break up against Berdych. Come on Kei.

Nishikori wins in straights. Smile

Murray/Raonic and Baghdatis/Nishikori then. Door is really open for the latter two, great chance of at least 300 points for them.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter October 05, 2012, 12:21 PM ] IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #346 on: October 05, 2012, 12:21 PM »

Nishikori has beaten Berdych in straight sets!
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #347 on: October 05, 2012, 12:22 PM »

Fabulous. Nishikori in straight sets. Semi-final v Bagdhatis tomorrow.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #348 on: October 05, 2012, 12:27 PM »

yay yay yay  Well done Nishikori!!!  yay yay yay
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #349 on: October 05, 2012, 12:31 PM »

So pleased for Kei - must be biggest win of his career I think beating #2 seed and someone ranked so much higher and in front of his home crowd. Sooooo pleased that birdy got the bird.   But now I'm torn between Baggy and Kei as like them both and both play some great tennis.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #350 on: October 05, 2012, 12:32 PM »

Slightly disappointed in this result as I was hoping that Andy might meet Berdych once again to show him who was master.

Remember Berdych implied that the main reason for Andy's semi-final victory at USO was owing to the windy conditions.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #351 on: October 05, 2012, 12:34 PM »

Yes but who cares about that - he was so clearly a bad loser.  Pleased with anything that means fewer ranking points for him + genuinely pleased for Kei
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #352 on: October 05, 2012, 12:45 PM »

So pleased for Kei - must be biggest win of his career I think beating #2 seed and someone ranked so much higher and in front of his home crowd. Sooooo pleased that birdy got the bird.   But now I'm torn between Baggy and Kei as like them both and both play some great tennis.
He beat (and bagelled) Djokovic last year to reach his first 500 final. I know Djokovic was suffering from the heat but that's still some result. He beat Tsonga in the AO this year as well. I imagine it will be up there like, but he's had a few big wins already in his career.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #353 on: October 05, 2012, 12:51 PM »

To be perfectly honest I don't care what Berdych thinks about the semi final in the US. Andy won, that's all that matters to me. Berdych's a cretin and a bad loser who needs to get his head out of his backside. Whistle

I like Kei. I can't say I've seen him play for a while, but he is fun to watch. According to the comms he has a winning head to head over Berdych, which surprised me. They thought Berdych was going to win this one though, so I'm glad they were wrong.

Jumping ahead, and not really meaning to, because I know it tempts fate, a Murray/Nishikori final would be fun. The crowd would be lively, which Andy would enjoy.

IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #354 on: October 05, 2012, 01:13 PM »

I am pleased with all of these results. Intensely dislike Berdych because of his arrogance and total lack of sportsmanship over the hat incident at the US Open, and would like Marcos B to win because of his sportsmanship - I.e. in the late running Wimbledon match when he could have called the trainer for some spurious reason to delay things, such as Nadal or ND might have, but didn't.

I am pleased regarding the doubles, sorry for JM, but think Mr M needs to focus on the bigger picture at the moment. It was also not a complete whitewash, they went down against the No 1 seeds. I wish JM could find a regular doubles partner he is happy with, and get himself sorted a bit. It must be hard for him, seeing Mr M's achievements sometimes. Yet he is never anything other than completely loyal.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #355 on: October 05, 2012, 01:32 PM »

I doubt Jamie will be too disappointed with anything considering his Wimbledon Mixed Doubles win, that's probably a lot more than he ever expected he would achieve.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #356 on: October 05, 2012, 02:25 PM »

Really pleased that Kei beat Berdych - to me he's the most talented young player around at the moment. I love how early he takes the ball, brilliant to watch. Hope it ends up being a Murray/Nishikori final on Sunday.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #357 on: October 05, 2012, 03:39 PM »

Really pleased that Kei beat Berdych - to me he's the most talented young player around at the moment. I love how early he takes the ball, brilliant to watch. Hope it ends up being a Murray/Nishikori final on Sunday.
  Yep - that would be a dream final for the organisers, and you know what, Andy just might get lucky and nick a couple of sets to give everyone their money's worth. Smile
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #358 on: October 05, 2012, 03:45 PM »

He beat (and bagelled) Djokovic last year to reach his first 500 final. I know Djokovic was suffering from the heat but that's still some result. He beat Tsonga in the AO this year as well. I imagine it will be up there like, but he's had a few big wins already in his career.
I'd forgotten that tmh though that must be up there with those wins for him given it's the Japanese 500
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at Japan Open « Reply #359 on: October 05, 2012, 03:57 PM »

I'd forgotten that tmh though that must be up there with those wins for him given it's the Japanese 500
Ye true. Definitely a fantastic result for him either way, although I think Berdych is one player he enjoys playing against. But as you say, in front of his home fans, that's got to feel good.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »