Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson, Friday, Time: 12 noon BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012

(Read 7902 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « on: November 15, 2012, 02:47 PM »

After Andy gets a little well-deserved R & R, something for us to look forward to.  cmon yeah

I see ESPN3 will be providing live coverage, therefore hopefully we might be in with a chance of a stream.

Andy is scheduled to play the winner of Isner/Ferrero match on Saturday Dec 1st at 5:00pm local time.
http://www.miamitenniscup.com/

My fave street and fave hotel in the world in this pic.

* ocean boulevard.jpg (759.48 KB, 1920x2267 - viewed 236 times.)
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 05:03 PM »

Thanks for the info. Smile It's great that it's being streamed. Hope the final is Andy v ARod.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 09:34 PM »

Thanks for the update scotnadian! Smile
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 10:16 PM »

Is this an exhibition?
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 12:26 PM »

You've got to love the Yanks!

I was on the official website for the tournament.  Not for these organisers, as ballboys or girls,  a selection of deserving schoolkids who may be aspiring tennis players or whatever.

There's a web page titled "Ballgirls" showing what looks like a collection of up and coming glamour models.

http://www.miamitenniscup.com/ballgirls/

Very "non-PC!"  I don't think you'd get away with this quite as readily in Britain.

My likelihood of switching on has just gone up a notch or two!

wub
[ Last edit by mickeypops November 20, 2012, 12:59 PM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 01:35 PM »

Is this an exhibition?
It's an exho.
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 01:42 PM »

There's a web page titled "Ballgirls" showing what looks like a collection of up and coming glamour models.

Not the first time it's been done and, as I recall, they were useless.  More worried about breaking a nail than getting the balls in play.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 04:40 AM »

PRESS RELEASE
FIRST ANNUAL MIAMI TENNIS CUP HONORS US OPEN CHAMPION AND OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST, ANDY MURRAY,
AND PAYS TRIBUTE TO THE CAREER OF LEGENDARY SPORTS ICON, ANDY RODDICK

The inaugural Miami Tennis Cup will take place November 30th through December 2nd at the Crandon Park Tennis Center in Key Biscayne, Florida. The Crandon Park Tennis Center also plays host to one of the most popular tennis events on the ATP and WTA calendar, the Sony Open Tennis.

The Miami Tennis Cup will feature a “Super Six” format of current and former top ranked players from the ATP tour. Andy Murray, the 2012 US Open champion and Olympic gold medalist, will headline the event. Murray will be joined by Andy Roddick, John Isner, Nicolás Almagro, Alejandro Falla and Juan Carlos Ferrero.

The tournament will see all six players competing in a double-elimination tournament format within two round robin groups. Each match will be the best of three sets. The number one seed (Andy Murray) and number two seed (Andy Roddick) will receive an automatic bye in to the semi-final. The remaining four players will be drawn against each other for a place in the semi-final, with the initial matches starting on stadium court at 7:00pm on Friday, November 30th. The first semi-final match will commence on stadium court at 5:00pm on Saturday, December 1st. The emerging winner from Sunday’s final will take the coveted title as the first ever champion of the Miami Tennis Cup, for which a cash prize and trophy will be presented on stadium court by a surprise celebrity legend from the world of tennis.

For full details and schedule - http://miamitennisnews.com/2012/11/10/andy-murray-headlines-inaugural-miami-tennis-cup/

As Murray has now arrived in Miami for his usual winter training, and in the absence of any news to the contrary, I'm assuming that he'll still be participating in this much-hyped event, which is expected to attract over 7,000 spectators each day, although he won't be playing until the Saturday when he will meet the winner of Isner vs Ferrero.

The unique feature of this event is that matches will be played on the first ever white stadium court, where the lines will be red and the area surrounding it painted blue to commemorate the emblematic colours of the American flag.

Matches will be broadcast live by ESPN3.  I don't know if that can be seen outside the US but I would hope that there will be livestreams.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 05:20 AM »

I think this could be quite an exciting event, and at least it will offer some relief from the tennis drought, although it'll be interesting to see how players and spectators react to the court's unusual colour arrangement!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 01:51 PM »

Thanks, Aileen. I'd already started a thread for it. Smile

http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/andy-murray/andy-at-miami-tennis-cup-nov-30-dec-2/
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 08:18 PM »

Press Release
FIRST ANNUAL MIAMI TENNIS CUP HONORS US OPEN CHAMPION AND OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST, ANDY MURRAY,

I love the top line.  yay  I still don't think Andy's achievements have totally sunk in.  I'll miss Roddick though. Very Sad

I'm looking forward to seeing this rather bizarre emblem of America's national colours and it'll be interesting to see how the players react to it given that the tournament intends to keep things this way to make it unique and hopefully attractive to players and tennis fans alike.

Looking at the official website pics makes me envious.  How I wish I was there right now instead of in this miserable cold, wet, dark country! Frown
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 09:43 PM »

Press Release

I love the top line.  yay  I still don't think Andy's achievements have totally sunk in.  I'll miss Roddick though. Very Sad

I'm looking forward to seeing this rather bizarre emblem of America's national colours and it'll be interesting to see how the players react to it given that the tournament intends to keep things this way to make it unique and hopefully attractive to players and tennis fans alike.

Looking at the official website pics makes me envious.  How I wish I was there right now instead of in this miserable cold, wet, dark country! Frown
looking forward to watching andy boy back in action albeit an exhibition match Smile & agree with u aileen would kill to be there also, love miami Frown
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 11:10 PM »

looking forward to watching andy boy back in action albeit an exhibition match Smile & agree with u aileen would kill to be there also, love miami Frown
I've never been there but my parents visited and really liked it.

The fact that this is an exhibition tournament might not appeal to everyone, given that the timing of the Saturday and Sunday matches is 10 pm GMT, and also some don't like livestreams if they're used to watching on TV, which I can understand, but I've always found http://www.lshunter.tv/tennis-live-streaming-video.html to be good.

IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 12:21 AM »

Miami rocks, Aileen.. and I'm all in for a bit of Andy-watching, regardless of crappy stream.  yay
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 01:51 AM »

"The “Super Six” clash of the titans"

Thats pushing it a bit Smile i only count 3
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »