Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Wednesday night, Est. time - 1:30am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012

(Read 7279 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #15 on: November 26, 2012, 01:53 AM »

"The “Super Six” clash of the titans"

Thats pushing it a bit Smile i only count 1 titan
thumb up
IP Logged
rocketassist

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, 01:59 AM »

Battle of the one-slam wonders Wink A-Rod's words about Muzza post-USO were very genuine and there's definitely a mutual respect between them.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #17 on: November 26, 2012, 03:58 AM »

thumb up

Yeah you're right, i should have kept it as one Smile
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #18 on: November 26, 2012, 09:01 AM »

I've never been there but my parents visited and really liked it.

The fact that this is an exhibition tournament might not appeal to everyone, given that the timing of the Saturday and Sunday matches is 10 pm GMT, and also some don't like livestreams if they're used to watching on TV, which I can understand, but I've always found http://www.lshunter.tv/tennis-live-streaming-video.html to be good.

i have never watched live stream before aileen but i am willing to give it a go, yeah a few people have said livehunter is best one to go with, actually 10pm start at weekends suits me fine....... i will settle down with a nice cocktail to watch it lol
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #19 on: November 26, 2012, 11:05 PM »

I'm glad he is playing two exhos before Australia. Last year he played no events like this and instead went into Brisbane hoping for the best. Whereas this year he can at least go to Brisbane knowing his form and win it before moving in to Melbourne and winning that too!
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #20 on: November 27, 2012, 12:28 AM »

DDICK[/center]

rrelooking at the official website pics makes me envious.  How I wish I was there right now instead of in this miserable cold, wet, dark country! Frown
Its pretty chilly here Aileen down to 49 this morning inTampa.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #21 on: November 27, 2012, 11:57 AM »

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #22 on: November 27, 2012, 04:49 PM »

Where is the Mubadala Exo thread? I am kind of feeling lost here today threadwise.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #23 on: November 27, 2012, 09:20 PM »

Andy Murray will face the winner of the match between Ferrero and Isner on Saturday.
[ Last edit by MuzzaFan2012 November 28, 2012, 07:22 AM ] IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #24 on: November 27, 2012, 09:49 PM »

It's gonna be tough to ever beat you to the punch now :P
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #25 on: November 27, 2012, 09:53 PM »

He'll face Isner or Ferrero, not Falla.

http://www.miamitenniscup.com/
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #26 on: November 28, 2012, 12:10 AM »

Where is the Mubadala Exo thread? I am kind of feeling lost here today threadwise.
http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/andy-murray/mubadala-world-tennis-championship-qf-murray-vs-tipsarevic/45/

It is a bit confusing having two different tournament threads on the go at the same time!

Its pretty chilly here Aileen down to 49 this morning inTampa.
That's not like your part of the world. shocking   Very cold in Edinburgh but at least we aren't being flooded out, unlike some poor souls have been in England and Wales.  We've been lucky here really - only one day's rain in the past week and very little wind, just cold and dull.  It's hard to believe we're living in the same country.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #27 on: November 28, 2012, 12:30 AM »

http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/andy-murray/mubadala-world-tennis-championship-qf-murray-vs-tipsarevic/45/

It is a bit confusing having two different tournament threads on the go at the same time!

Oh, I see now. Didn't even notice the Tipsarevic vs Andy thread. lol. I read the article about Federer not being invited this time around due to their theme but they also said that they are more keen on going with players, who have a lot more slams in front of them rather than behind. So in that sense both Tipsarevic and Ferrer (in particular since he's 30) didn't make much sense. I can see why they would see Berdych as more promising but I think they should have invited Federer. He feels like a better draw. I don't know. I have mixed feelings about it.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #28 on: November 28, 2012, 08:12 PM »

Oh, I see now. Didn't even notice the Tipsarevic vs Andy thread. lol. I read the article about Federer not being invited this time around due to their theme but they also said that they are more keen on going with players, who have a lot more slams in front of them rather than behind. So in that sense both Tipsarevic and Ferrer (in particular since he's 30) didn't make much sense. I can see why they would see Berdych as more promising but I think they should have invited Federer. He feels like a better draw. I don't know. I have mixed feelings about it.
I don't.  It's high time the world of tennis stopped revolving round Federer.  Also (see below) I've a strong feeling Fed may have been invited but wasn't interested in playing, and if his fans there are disappointed, too bad.  The world's Nos. 1, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 9 will be playing, so what more do true tennis fans want?  I assume Tsonga and Delpo were invited but declined.

I agree that a lot of the article doesn't make sense, especially as Andy and Djoko were 25 last May so are approaching middle-age in tennis terms, but I suspect these were excuses dreamed up by the organisers to explain away Fed's absence to his fans there, particularly, as I've said above, Fed may not even have wanted to play given how much he has trimmed back his 2013 schedule.

Also Fed is playing in the Exhibition Gillette Tour of South America which runs from 6 - 15 December, and the "tired old man" will be playing six matches over three countries during that time, raking in a reported fee of US $1.3 million (£812,110) per match - US $7.8 (£4,872,660) in total.  So a nice little earner. Whistle  Mind you, given some of the other players and the fact that the matches will be shown on American  TV, I wouldn't mind watching some myself as I'm sure there will be livestreaming.   Federer vs. Ferrer, Tsonga and, of course, Delpo, could be worth a look, as might some of the other matches (if shown) especially as the time difference will be no more than GMT -5.  http://www.perfect-tennis.co.uk/federers-exhibition-matches-in-south-america/
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #29 on: November 28, 2012, 08:36 PM »

That's not like your part of the world. shocking   Very cold in Edinburgh but at least we aren't being flooded out, unlike some poor souls have been in England and Wales.  We've been lucky here really - only one day's rain in the past week and very little wind, just cold and dull.  It's hard to believe we're living in the same country.

I'm afraid to admit that we've had brilliant weather for the last five days - blue sky and sunshine - doesn't seem fair does it?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »