Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012

(Read 6683 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #135 on: December 01, 2012, 11:19 PM »

HaHaHa!! That has to be the most unpro on-court post-match interview I've ever seen. Looked like she needed her prompt cards to get their names correct, let alone the questions. roflmao

Boogers is not in the building for this report. #lmfao
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #136 on: December 01, 2012, 11:21 PM »

Shambles of a tournament, absolute shambles-poor organisation, poor scheduling, rubbish broadcasting, even the on-court interview girl had to keep looking at her notes to remember each of her *three* questions... I mean, REALLY?????????? ...hope this tournameenrt dies a death asap. Not a single shot of Lendl and the delightful Danny. But, atleast Andy M left the court smiling!

IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #137 on: December 01, 2012, 11:23 PM »

Shambles of a tournament, absolute shambles-poor organisation, poor scheduling, rubbish broadcasting, even the on-court interview girl had to keep looking at her notes to remember each of her *three* questions... I mean, REALLY?????????? ...hope this tournameenrt dies a death asap. Not a single shot of Lendl and the delightful Danny. But, atleast Andy M left the court smiling!

Absolutely true.Plus,just look at the "crowds" that turned out.And that was with the event's two biggest names playing.Really can't see how it'll be back next year.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #138 on: December 01, 2012, 11:25 PM »

In all fairness Aileen I don't think Murray will even be unhappy inside. Not much to be worried about from an exho and deep down I feel he didn't put much effort in because like the comms said, this is Roddicks swan song Smile.
Yeah, you're right.  Guess I was expecting a bit too much from our man, and his effort was practically nil - but why bust a gut for an exho that the tournament is wanting your opponent to win?

[ Last edit by Aileen December 01, 2012, 11:29 PM ] IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #139 on: December 01, 2012, 11:27 PM »

Well it was a foregone result that Andy R would win the match.
No way was oor Andy playing at full speed. It was just a bit of a light-hearted hit-around fitted into his training schedule - so Andy R can turn up in the 'final' at his tournie tomorrow. [and I agree about the on-court interviews!]
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #140 on: December 01, 2012, 11:27 PM »

Both Andy's are probably sitting at the bar larfing their heads off for that quickie. lmao
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #141 on: December 01, 2012, 11:28 PM »

WTF happened! Missed the match
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #142 on: December 01, 2012, 11:29 PM »

And there I was,thinking I was going to be tired after staying up to watch a long match! Rolling Eyes
Well,I can rescind that beware-of-a-sleep-deprived-me warning I issued to my family now!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #143 on: December 01, 2012, 11:32 PM »

WTF happened! Missed the match
AR walked away it with.Not even going to say "ran",cos that would imply there was a lot of effort put in.There really wasn't.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #144 on: December 01, 2012, 11:32 PM »

Absolutely true.Plus,just look at the "crowds" that turned out.And that was with the event's two biggest names playing.Really can't see how it'll be back next year.
Biggest flop of the year, imo, after all the hype AND the patriotic court colours that never were.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #145 on: December 01, 2012, 11:32 PM »

I dont blame Murray to be honest it's not that important, no ranking points available. He will try a lot harder in Abu Dhabi I feel!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #146 on: December 01, 2012, 11:34 PM »

Well it was a foregone result that Andy R would win the match.
No way was oor Andy playing at full speed. It was just a bit of a light-hearted hit-around fitted into his training schedule.
In one game at the end of the second set I seriously thought both players were playing pat-a-ball. Very Happy

I dont blame Murray to be honest it's not that important, no ranking points available. He will try a lot harder in Abu Dhabi I feel!
Also why risk injury by going all-out in this puny tournament?  Roddick wasn't playing at 100% either despite the glowing remarks of the comms, one of whom I discovered was Larry Stefanki, AR's last coach.

[ Last edit by Aileen December 01, 2012, 11:44 PM ] IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #147 on: December 01, 2012, 11:34 PM »

Biggest flop of the year, imo, after all the hype AND the patriotic court colours that never were.
I know!A real letdown.Can't see any explanation being given for the court change at this stage,but I must admit I want to know what happened there.I was kind of looking forward to seeing the bizarre-sounding thing!
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #148 on: December 01, 2012, 11:35 PM »

Missed this totally as I thought it didn't start until 12 - ah well! Nice for ARod that he's in the final (still wish he hadn't retired so suddenly). The only exo I think the players take seriously is Abu Dhabi - I remember a great final a few years ago between Andy and Rafa.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #149 on: December 01, 2012, 11:35 PM »

`

It's an exhibition match in its first year, what do you expect?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »