Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012

(Read 7197 times)
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #150 on: December 01, 2012, 11:37 PM »

I think also though that some of the money raised was going to local charity, so it's good that Andy was involved with having a base in Miami. And also maybe he wanted to show some support to Roddick when asked to be involved.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #151 on: December 01, 2012, 11:37 PM »

`

It's an exhibition match in its first year, what do you expect?
I wouldn't have expected total perfection,but I WOULD have expected more than we've seen so far!
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #152 on: December 01, 2012, 11:38 PM »

Oh, it's over already? I thought they were playing the second SF... Joke scheduling.

It's not like this meant anything, but for my own selfish reasons I would've liked to see Andy play tomorrow. Not sure he will try his best in Abu Dhabi either. Aside from Djokovic last year, the winner there has not won the Australian Open anyway.
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #153 on: December 01, 2012, 11:51 PM »

`

It's not too much to ask for the scheduling to be consistent, even for an exho. If I'd paid £££ for a match that was scheduled to start at 7, then 7.30, then 6 and then arrived to find it was already over I'd be pretty vexed. Poor effort.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #154 on: December 01, 2012, 11:56 PM »

I think also though that some of the money raised was going to local charity, so it's good that Andy was involved with having a base in Miami. And also maybe he wanted to show some support to Roddick when asked to be involved.
Yes the money, or what's left after paying appearance fees (unless the players waived them) is going to charity.

Come to think of it - I wonder if the reason the schedule was changed was maybe because our Andy didn't really want to have to play two matches, since that would eaten even more into his valuable training block?  Also I think he'd be the only player who'd be prepared to let Roddick beat him just so's he could get to the final, although, and I could be wrong, I somehow can't see either Almagro or Isner not wanting to win.  Their 1st set is going with serve and both seem to be playing like it's for points. Rolling Eyes

And Almagro it is.  6-3, 6-4.  Think I'll watch tomorrow and support Roddick.  Really like him and will miss him on the Tour. Very Sad 
[ Last edit by Aileen December 02, 2012, 12:45 AM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #155 on: December 02, 2012, 02:37 AM »

`

So it's ok for the organisation to be very unprofessional and frankly quite pathetic?
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #156 on: December 02, 2012, 03:19 AM »

“Andy was nice to me tonight.”

Murray, the Olympic gold medalist and U.S. Open champion, wasn’t surprised that Roddick won.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/more-sports/roddick-defeats-murray-to-reach-miami-tennis-cup-final/article5895943/
http://www.gettyimages.ca/editorial/andy-roddick-pictures#
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #157 on: December 02, 2012, 03:42 AM »

Andy M was nice - he wasn't even trying!  Much more interesting is the related story that Roddick narrowly beat Milos two weeks ago at the Air Canada Centre and what he says about Milos -  “I like his game and I equally like the way he goes about his business ... He’s very diligent and he has the hunger to get better and not be satisfied, which will serve him well.”
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #158 on: December 02, 2012, 09:56 AM »

Andy Roddick beats Andy Murray 6-2 , 6-3 and will face Nicolas Almagro in the final on Sunday.

I don't actually care so much about this match actually.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #159 on: December 02, 2012, 10:15 AM »

lol  Muzz never wins exhos  anyway.  He doesn't relax  enough  to win those types of matches
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #160 on: December 02, 2012, 10:22 AM »

Andy Roddick beats Andy Murray 6-2 , 6-3 and will face Nicolas Almagro in the final on Sunday.

I don't actually care so much about this match actually.

I remember putting this on some other thread...guess that was deleted then..
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #161 on: December 02, 2012, 11:18 AM »

The whole event sounds odd, between the change of format and the constantly changing timings.  I'd have been incredibly annoyed if I'd turned up just in time to catch the end of the Andy vs Andy match, thinking I was there with plenty of time to spare.

Part of me knows full well it's an exhibition and it really isn't about winning, but part of me thinks that even in off-season, or especially in off-season, it's a good opportunity for match practice to stay sharp, and it's always nice to have a win under your belt, so putting a bit off effort in is a small price to pay.   It would definitely be wrong to under-estimate Roddick, and while he might have been slightly out of practice of playing competitively, he was probably far more geared up for the match.  He'd had his R&R after the US Open, while our Andy is still in that frame of mind.

One of the other players was talking about how this is good pre-season practice, and maybe that's how he sees it - it depends when his season ended and how much it would mean for him to beat the competition.  But IMO, this feels more like an add-on to the 2012 season.
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #162 on: December 02, 2012, 11:23 AM »

Andy is learning about P.R. He makes an appearance as current US champion and lets Roddick beat him. The crowd would be delighted. Its entertainment not serious tennis
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #163 on: December 02, 2012, 12:26 PM »

I'm pretty sure when gustavo kuerten "beat" novak a few weeks back that novak thought to himself "oh my god I really need to train harder, what a devastating loss" seriously lighten up people.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #164 on: December 02, 2012, 01:52 PM »

I think it would be wrong to read too much into the result of this. I must admit I half expected our Andy to play one match and then get back to his training block. That has to be more important for him than an exhibition tournament. I don't think Andy will be remotely bothered that he lost. He has much bigger fish to fry next year.

It's good though, that players do want to take part in these sorts of things. It's good for them to be seen enjoying the game and having some fun with it. If some money is raised for charity as well then it's all good.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »