Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012

(Read 7709 times)
jillypops

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #165 on: December 02, 2012, 04:33 PM »

Without a doubt our Andy could have beaten ARod on any given day, I think Andy was being very sporting and let Andy R win the match, just shows what a lovely guy  our Andy is.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #166 on: December 02, 2012, 04:48 PM »

Missed all of this as only got back from Hong Kong yesterday and was too wrecked even to get on line.  Sounds like Andy was just using this for some light practice and diplomatically let the other Andy win.  Nothing to get het up about.   It would have been stupid of him to go all out to win what sounds like a shambles of a tournament. 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #167 on: December 02, 2012, 07:30 PM »

Missed all of this as only got back from Hong Kong yesterday and was too wrecked even to get on line.  Sounds like Andy was just using this for some light practice and diplomatically let the other Andy win.  Nothing to get het up about.   It would have been stupid of him to go all out to win what sounds like a shambles of a tournament. 
Like I said earlier - it wouldn't surprise me if Andy was the one who had the schedule changed so's he could play one match, let Roddick beat him and skip off back to the real stuff, i.e. his training for next season, having done a good bit of PR work.  I don't see how anyone can take this pathetic tournament seriously.  Promised much but delivered zilch.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #168 on: December 02, 2012, 09:10 PM »

Sounds a plausible theory Aileen.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #169 on: December 02, 2012, 09:19 PM »

Took me a while to reach it though.   Don't know why I got so excited about the match initially.  Andy was there just for the fun of it and to join in the tribute to Roddick.  After all, as he said, he lives only 5 minutes away from the court, so no big deal.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #170 on: December 02, 2012, 10:41 PM »

Just watching the final.  Almagro took first set 6-4, breaking Roddick in the 9th game.  Has Almagro read the script? lol

5-5.  Second set getting serious now.

7-5 Almagro.

Roddick got a gift of a personalised mountain bike from one of the sponsors, which he seemed happy with, and Almagro got a more light-weight one.  Both players were presented with very unusual trophies - 'creative' was the word used by the comms.

Where were the spectators for this match as well?  The place was only about one-thirds full.  Doesn't bode too well for this tournament continuing but apparently plans are in hand for 2013 and Larry Sefanki thinks it will take off as being a 'must' for players during the off-season.  At least the spectators who did turn up were enjoying themselves, so maybe the idea will spread, but hopefully 'lessons will have been learnt' by the organisers.  Almagro was quite happy to join in with Roddick in some fooling around during the match, which was great to see.
[ Last edit by Aileen December 02, 2012, 11:43 PM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #171 on: December 03, 2012, 01:14 PM »

I guess it means more to Almagro to win than to our Andy.  I guess people got excited about it just because we face an Andy desert until after Xmas!  I think he'll be taking the Abu Dabhi event more seriously somehow.
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #172 on: December 03, 2012, 03:56 PM »

I am puzzled as to why Murray has entered for Abu Dabhi. In previous years he has complained that it is cold there and after he stopped he said it hindered his efforts to cope with  the jetlag  after arriving in Australia. What has changed his mind?  Money Lendl or both?
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #173 on: December 03, 2012, 05:11 PM »

I am puzzled as to why Murray has entered for Abu Dabhi. In previous years he has complained that it is cold there and after he stopped he said it hindered his efforts to cope with  the jetlag  after arriving in Australia. What has changed his mind?  Money Lendl or both?

In the past he used to play Doha as well, so didn't arrive in Australia until a week later than he'll be doing this year. As it stands, he'll arrive in Brisbane at the same time as he did last year so jet lag shouldn't be too much of a problem - and stopping in Abu Dhabi for a few days helps to break up the long journey to Australia too.

Given the top players this event always attracts, the money has to be a big incentive to play. I'm not sure what the appearance fees are, but imagine they are very generous. It's also a good event though, one I always enjoy watching.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #174 on: December 03, 2012, 07:26 PM »

Don't forget that this year he's back in the UK for actual Christmas, so he'd be travelling from London (presumably), not Miami to Abu Dabhi, and then onto Brisbane, which makes it a much more logical stop-off than in the past.
[ Last edit by *Sparkle* December 03, 2012, 07:34 PM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #175 on: December 04, 2012, 12:24 PM »

But with Lendl in London this week, does all eat into his training block doesn't it?  But perhaps he sees AD as part of the training?
IP Logged
Eddster
Satellite Level

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #176 on: December 09, 2012, 06:14 PM »

Hi guys, I've found a link to the entire match, this is not mine lol but enjoy anyway

IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #177 on: December 09, 2012, 07:58 PM »

Wow!! Good for u, I never did get to see this match, ta much.  clap
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Andy at Miami Tennis Cup 2012 « Reply #178 on: December 09, 2012, 08:13 PM »

Thanks a lot Eddster, I have been out of the UK for a week, so missed this, thanks!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »