Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Olympics 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 66 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at Olympics 2012

(Read 23819 times)
Rachie
Seed

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #75 on: July 09, 2012, 06:34 PM »

I think it would be lovely for him to try and win doubles gold with Jamie rather than focusing on the singles...(except Andy is not that good a dubs player! Jamie would be better off with Marray tbh- lol)

I'd rather he took an early exit and hop on a plane to the begin his american hardcourt adventure. Fed, Rafa and Nole will be keen to get Olympic medals for their countries cos they need it team GB has Jessica Ennis, Adlington and co. We'd all much rather Murray won a slam.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #76 on: July 09, 2012, 08:11 PM »

I agree its a tin-pot trophy and a bit of a distraction but Andy has always said how excited he is about the Olympics. But of course the problem is there are 2 hard-court Masters and then the USO shortly afterwards.

I think Andy should play the Olympics then miss the Canadian Open. He has no points to defend there and he can make up an excuse that he has a niggling injury. Then he can play Cincinatti (1000 points to defend) as his pre-USO warm-up. I don't think he can possibly play the Olympics, Canada, Cincinatti and then expect to be ready for the one that really matters, The US Open.
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #77 on: July 09, 2012, 09:59 PM »

Couldn't care less. Roll on the US open as far as i'm concerned.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #78 on: July 10, 2012, 01:05 AM »

But he should stop by Toronto first.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #79 on: July 10, 2012, 05:33 AM »

I hope so too, Emma. But if Andy's next goal is an Olympic medal (be it singles or doubles with Jamie) then who am I to argue?
As much as I want to be there and see him, I'd glady sacrifice my Toronto ticket to spur him onto greater things
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #80 on: July 10, 2012, 12:48 PM »

I think it would be lovely for him to try and win doubles gold with Jamie rather than focusing on the singles...(except Andy is not that good a dubs player! Jamie would be better off with Marray tbh- lol)

I'd rather he took an early exit and hop on a plane to the begin his american hardcourt adventure. Fed, Rafa and Nole will be keen to get Olympic medals for their countries cos they need it team GB has Jessica Ennis, Adlington and co. We'd all much rather Murray won a slam.
You kidding? Andy's a great doubles player. Him and Jamie have won two 500 tournaments on the few occasions they have played together and Andy was top 50 not long ago (having played about 5 doubles tournaments).
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #81 on: July 10, 2012, 01:52 PM »

Well I hope Andy has some fun playing in doubles with Jamie. They do seem to enjoy things when on the court together.
What happened to Fleming, Hutchins and Marray though?  Why was Jamie selected above them?
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #82 on: July 10, 2012, 02:24 PM »

If Andy said bugger to the Olympics and used the time to train on hardcourts, do you think he'd win the USO?
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #83 on: July 10, 2012, 03:23 PM »

If Andy said bugger to the Olympics and used the time to train on hardcourts, do you think he'd win the USO?
  Would it make any difference, d'you mean?  Who knows?  He's got to stuff he feels good about, that's so important.
IP Logged
Patsy
Satellite Level

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #84 on: July 10, 2012, 03:28 PM »

Well I hope Andy has some fun playing in doubles with Jamie. They do seem to enjoy things when on the court together.
What happened to Fleming, Hutchins and Marray though?  Why was Jamie selected above them?
Fleming and Hutchins are the other British doubles pair selected for the Olympics.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #85 on: July 10, 2012, 03:36 PM »

Fleming and Hutchins are playing in the Olympics. They got in on their rankings. Jamie got in with Andy as Jamie's got a decent doubles ranking and Andy and Jamie enjoy partnering each other and are a good doubles team. Jonny Marray, before Wimbledon, wasn't near getting considered to be picked.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #86 on: July 10, 2012, 05:28 PM »

I hope so too, Emma. But if Andy's next goal is an Olympic medal (be it singles or doubles with Jamie) then who am I to argue?
As much as I want to be there and see him, I'd glady sacrifice my Toronto ticket to spur him onto greater things

It'd be nice though if he stopped by. I don't think he'll try and win any of the US series before USO and will probably more keen on lowering his expectations just before going into a Major. So I do keep that in mind.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #87 on: July 11, 2012, 10:59 AM »

Fleming and Hutchins are playing.

Marray's Wimbledon win obviously came too late for the Olympics/WC cut-off so understandably didn't get in.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #88 on: July 11, 2012, 11:01 PM »

Andy is so sweet wanting to win Olympic gold with his brother. The guy is such a gem. i change my mind now and hope they do win it. will be tough as there will be some pretty decent doubles teams in the olympics, but if it will help make him feel better then all the best to him.

As long as he tanks the singles it shouldnt take too much out of him, it wouldnt be ideal if he gets to Qfs, Sfs of singles and in the doubles as well, wimbledon wasnt so long ago and with US coming up theres a chance of tiring himself out.

It actually wouldnt suprise me if Rafa tanked out too given his Wimbledon efforts plus he won gold in beijing so not a goal for him as much. Rafa's gonna be keen to make a mense at USO.

Last thing Andy needs is for his rivals to be getting in some good solid HC prep while he's slugging it out on the grass.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #89 on: July 12, 2012, 03:20 PM »

If Andy pays a lot of attention to Olympics and is more focused on that, then I guess Toronto is no longer on the priority list. I don't mind it as long as USO is his top priority.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 66 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »