Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Olympics 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 66 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Andy at Olympics 2012  (Read 20190 times)
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #90 on: July 13, 2012, 08:20 PM »

In ten days Andy will carry the olympic torch...

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/olympics/latest/9612617.Andy_Murray_to_carry_Olympic_torch_in_Merton/r/?ref=rss
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #91 on: July 13, 2012, 11:36 PM »

Since Fed will be no 2 in stead of Nadal , will he be seeded in the same half as Andy will for the Olympics ?
I thought Fed was No. 1 now?
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #92 on: July 14, 2012, 08:11 AM »

I thought Fed was No. 1 now?
Yeah, right, but when I posted my question we unknowing about that, At that moment Fed was 2.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #93 on: July 15, 2012, 08:34 AM »

Andy's back in training for the Olympics but managed to fit in a bit a down time on Saturday evening Very Happy

Wimbledon runner-up Andy Murray is ringside at Upton Park, and he told BoxNation: "I took five days off after Wimbledon and I returned to training today, ahead of the Olympics. I am a huge boxing fan, and I have met David Haye a few times. He invited me along today and I hope he does well."
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #94 on: July 15, 2012, 11:59 AM »

Andy's back in training for the Olympics but managed to fit in a bit a down time on Saturday evening Very Happy

Wimbledon runner-up Andy Murray is ringside at Upton Park, and he told BoxNation: "I took five days off after Wimbledon and I returned to training today, ahead of the Olympics. I am a huge boxing fan, and I have met David Haye a few times. He invited me along today and I hope he does well."
Well as Andy said he wouldn't start training again till he felt ready I'm hoping this means he has bounced back quickly.  He'll be pleased by the outcome of the Haye match.  I remember DH was sending him inspirational texts last year when he climbed back out of the post AO slough of despond.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #95 on: July 15, 2012, 08:52 PM »

This is clearly a big deal for Andy.. his enthusiasm is catching. Cannot wait to watch..   yay

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/tennis/andy-murray-i-want-to-win-olympics-1142952
“I am desperate to win a gold at the Olympics,” he said. “It would be the ­ultimate moment.
“To me, the Olympics is the biggest sporting competition by miles.

“What’s good for me, and gives me a chance of doing well, is that I’m at home and with friends and family. I can go home in the evening to see them and it’s a lot more relaxing than other periods of the year.

“And I get to spend time in my own bed, which is a luxury for a tennis player. There will be pressure and stress and what not. But it will be a great tournament, sandwiched in between Wimbledon and the US Open.

“It’s a big summer of sport – but the one I’ve been most looking forward to in terms of ­enjoyment is the Olympics. The Olympics is bigger than winning a Grand Slam because everybody knows what Olympic gold is, whereas not everybody knows what a Grand Slam is.

“Winning an Olympic medal is something that belongs to your country. In sporting terms an Olympic gold is pretty much the ultimate achievement. You feel like you’re playing for other people, playing for your country. A lot of times when you’re on tour you’re playing for yourself.

“Tennis at the Olympics has become a big deal, everybody plays it now, whereas ten or so years ago people would choose to skip it.
“I went to the opening ­ceremony in Beijing and it was ­unbelievable.

“It’s a bit surreal because it’s such a massive thing and you don’t quite realise at the time.

“As a tennis player you’re used to walking out into the stadium and it’s like, ‘Hi, how’re you doing?’ When you walk out in the ­Olympic arena it’s just very different.”
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #96 on: July 16, 2012, 04:43 PM »

Hi All,

I love how up for the Olympics Andy is. I was pleased to see that so soon after the final at Wimbledon his focus had already shifted somewhat. I think that is a big positive. It suggests that he won't allow himself to dwell on things for too long.

I remember when the tennis was first brought back in to the Games. It didn't seem that big a deal. Now all the top players seem to play and it has taken on a life of its own. Being at Wimbledon this time around gives it another dimension I think.

I know 2008 didn't go well for Andy at the Games, but I think it taught him a lot. I really do think he learned about taking responsibility for himself after that. This time he won't have to worry about catching flights, that sort of thing.

I think the format should suit Andy. I hope so. I really do think that if he can take all the positives from Wimbledon and channel them well he has a great chance of doing really well.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #97 on: July 17, 2012, 04:53 PM »

Andy is one of the top three players in the world on grass!
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Andy book signing at Piccadilly, Nov 2013

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #98 on: July 17, 2012, 05:52 PM »

I think he's going to be SOOOOOOOO focussed on these Olympics.  I confidently predict a gold medal!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #99 on: July 17, 2012, 09:21 PM »

I really hope you're right Mikeypops!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #100 on: July 18, 2012, 05:42 AM »

Anyone but Fed yuk
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #101 on: July 19, 2012, 03:27 AM »

For anyone wondering how they're going to get the courts back in good condition so soon after Wimbledon -

Wimbledon Hustles for Olympics - http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d81ct?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=tennis

I didn't realise Andy was also playing in the mixed doubles.  Who's his partner?
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #102 on: July 19, 2012, 08:59 AM »

I didn't realise Andy was also playing in the mixed doubles.  Who's his partner?

Aileen, Andy has said that he is not decided whether to enter the mixed doubles and with whom. He also added that Jamie is a far superior mixed player than he could ever be and given the option would probably stand down on his brother's behalf.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #103 on: July 19, 2012, 09:36 AM »

Anyone but Fed yuk

I'm all for that highfive

And speaking of Fed, will he be playing doubles these Olympics with Stanford? Whistle
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #104 on: July 19, 2012, 10:12 AM »

Andy has added a new picture on his FB - got his Olympics mugshot on his pass Very Happy

* Andy at the Olympics.JPG (27.09 KB, 484x359 - viewed 277 times.)
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 66 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »