Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Olympics 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 ... 66 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at Olympics 2012

(Read 23461 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #900 on: August 04, 2012, 01:43 PM »

Very happy to be "gobsmacked" and wrong band
Stosur proved to be the weakest link-who'd-a-thought-it? Whistle
Go Team GB yay yay yay

She keeps getting dumped in early rounds.  Folds under pressure but she still has a slam under her belt, so she did manage it once.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #901 on: August 04, 2012, 01:46 PM »

Good match.  Lovely to see Laura's smile.  Only hope that two matches today will not spoil Andy's chances tomorrow.   This could cancel out his advantage as he wil lbe as tired as Federer.  If he wins he may manage on adrenaline.  It would be great if they won a medal and Andy, who has already won the silver (no Brit has won an Olympic medal for 100 years) would have two.  Maybe I am getting ahead of myself.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #902 on: August 04, 2012, 01:50 PM »

Playing doubles is as good as a couple of hours on the practise courts and winning is the best adrenaline booster. yay
IP Logged
Lurking
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #903 on: August 04, 2012, 01:50 PM »

Stosur proved to be the weakest link-who'd-a-thought-it? Whistle

Anyone whose ever watched her play on grass in singles.

Shocks me she's made 3 doubles finals at Wimbledon.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #904 on: August 04, 2012, 01:52 PM »

Loved this match. Because winning or losing had its positives, not too stressed by eventual result. Not a really long match. He is still way behind Fed's no of games. Fed 210 to Murray 167. Given Murray is younger and fitter, the next match should not take that long either, and I assume that these MD can count as practice for today, I think he will be fine. I also imagine they will be doing a really good job of stopping him over thinking Sunday. I imagine he is delighted with the prospect of playing a match after his singles on Sunday to potentially get another medal, be it silver or bronze.  Laura R has managed to deliver at the crucial moments, well done to her. I imagine Watson is getting more upset at this goes on, big the results suggest that choosing Laura was a valid decision. She makes me laugh, as she is like an over excited puppy...!!!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #905 on: August 04, 2012, 01:53 PM »

Anyone whose ever watched her play on grass in singles.

Shocks me she's made 3 doubles finals at Wimbledon.

Well, yes that's what I meant. I know she's got a doubles pedigree.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #906 on: August 04, 2012, 02:04 PM »

Brilliant from Robson and Murray! But can Andy play two doubles matches today and still beat Federer tomorrow??
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #907 on: August 04, 2012, 02:06 PM »

Brilliant from Robson and Murray! But can Andy play two doubles matches today and still beat Federer tomorrow??
Dont ask Hazy. My heart and head is hurting at the thought. nervous pray
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #908 on: August 04, 2012, 02:06 PM »

He's only got one left to play. Smile

I think he'll be fine as long as Laura tries to be quicker on her feet. He seemed to have to cover more ground last match.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #909 on: August 04, 2012, 02:11 PM »

All smiles. The photo says a 1000 words Smile

* Murray and Robson 2012.jpg (45.07 KB, 638x359 - viewed 138 times.)
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #910 on: August 04, 2012, 02:21 PM »

These mixed doubles matches are closer to practice than anything else. Nothing like the effort that goes into a 2 hour singles match. Andy will be fresher tomorrow regardless of his matches today. I seriously don't see these having any negative impact and should Andy lose tomorrow it will have nothing to do with these mixed matches. They are far better than just practising and will take the same out of him.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #911 on: August 04, 2012, 02:22 PM »

Who is the German pair btw? I'm assuming Kerber or Lisicki alongside Petzschner maybe, or Kas?
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #912 on: August 04, 2012, 02:23 PM »

Who is the German pair btw? I'm assuming Kerber or Lisicki alongside Petzschner maybe, or Kas?

Kas and Lisicki.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #913 on: August 04, 2012, 02:26 PM »

Yeah I don't think these matches will affect Andy negatively tomorrow either. He's not having to do much running, and it's nothing like the physical and mental effort Federer had to put up yesterday against Delpo.

Really impressed by how well Andy and Laura have played, they make a great doubles team. Smile
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #914 on: August 04, 2012, 02:29 PM »

These mixed doubles matches are closer to practice than anything else. Nothing like the effort that goes into a 2 hour singles match. Andy will be fresher tomorrow regardless of his matches today. I seriously don't see these having any negative impact and should Andy lose tomorrow it will have nothing to do with these mixed matches. They are far better than just practising and will take the same out of him.
I trust you fully.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 ... 66 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »