Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Olympics 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Andy at Olympics 2012  (Read 20098 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #945 on: August 06, 2012, 01:30 PM »

Alright let's not get ahead of ourselves now.

who said I was getting ahead of myself Very Happy    Gold is a great achievement!!   on par with the slams  yup  imo
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #946 on: August 06, 2012, 01:37 PM »

Oh, right.
You're such a thread-thief. Very Happy
IP Logged
AFT
Junior

It's all in the game

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #947 on: August 06, 2012, 01:42 PM »

I think Virginia is just saying what she thinks but not meant to be demeaning Andy, praise where praise is due is her motto and she does this. She knows more than anyone how Andy feels she has been there. Never the darling of tennis ,fiery and explosive, swearing profusely whenever she felt the need . Today she would be penniless with the amount of fines she would have to pay.Will she won't she was always the Wimbledon curse for her and she had us on the edge of our seats many a time until she did win at the Queens jubilee. She was my heroine at the time so give her a break she does know more about tennis than some of the presenters. Andy has given us all the jitters from time to time too so she is only being honest in her opinions. 
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #948 on: August 06, 2012, 01:48 PM »

My commie was Johnny Mac yesterday. He said he thinks the Olympics should be on a par with Slams, or at least Masters because nowadays all the big players are there, and it is only available every 4 years.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #949 on: August 06, 2012, 01:54 PM »

You're such a thread-thief. Very Happy
Wink
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #950 on: August 06, 2012, 02:03 PM »

Federer fans are the worst.  seriously.  do they have brains?.  No don't answer that.  Why don't they  ******* congratulate and stop being  absolute tits   one of them said.  "Unlucky Andy"  WTF.  Jesus hello are you ******* colour blind.  GOLD  SILVER. Its not ******* rocket science. andy whooped FEDS ASS  so there!!.  Jesus.  I will not sink to their level.  nope
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #951 on: August 06, 2012, 02:03 PM »

My commie was Johnny Mac yesterday. He said he thinks the Olympics should be on a par with Slams, or at least Masters because nowadays all the big players are there, and it is only available every 4 years.

Trouble is, it offers only 750 points, which tells you the ITF places it below Masters.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #952 on: August 06, 2012, 02:13 PM »

Trouble is, it offers only 750 points, which tells you the ITF places it below Masters.

No idea why, its field contains more players than all Masters events bar Indian Wells and Miami, doesn't it? With a five set final to boot.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #953 on: August 06, 2012, 02:22 PM »

Awwww.

* dugs.jpg (104.43 KB, 591x591 - viewed 268 times.)
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #954 on: August 06, 2012, 02:24 PM »

OMG so sweet
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #955 on: August 06, 2012, 02:34 PM »

Andy on FB  - Want to say a HUGE thanks to everyone who has supported me the last week. Biggest win of my life, and couldn't be prouder to be part of an amazing Team GB.

AWWWWWWWWWWWW    DOUBLE AWWWWW
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #956 on: August 06, 2012, 06:00 PM »

No idea why, its field contains more players than all Masters events bar Indian Wells and Miami, doesn't it? With a five set final to boot.

I agree.  Maybe they should re-evaluate its importance in the tennis calendar.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #957 on: August 13, 2012, 04:32 PM »

I think it's because it is not open to everyone in the top 64, only 2 players from any nation (I think) which had an effect on countries like Spain and France who have multiple players in that ranking.

I'm sure in Beijing the points awarded for gold was 800.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #958 on: August 13, 2012, 11:13 PM »

I think it's because it is not open to everyone in the top 64, only 2 players from any nation (I think) which had an effect on countries like Spain and France who have multiple players in that ranking.

I'm sure in Beijing the points awarded for gold was 800.
It was four players.

And Washington was running anyway, so those that couldn't play at the Olympics played in DC instead.

The scheduling is messed up. I'm not sure why they've actually shortened the season - why couldn't they leave it the same time and leave an extra week after the Olympics (Washington and co. could have been played then)?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at Olympics 2012 « Reply #959 on: August 14, 2012, 08:52 AM »

The Guardian asked a number of its writers to select greatest moments from 2012.  Here is Kevin Mitchell's:
Murray finally wins at Wimbledon
Got to be Henry's Hug.  When the 11-year-old Henry Caplan, eyes welling up, rushed through the seats on Centre Court at W to hug Andy Murray after he'd beaten smugfed [made that up] to win the gold medalm sport went from theatre to humanity.  Henry told his startled father he 'had to go'. It was a spontaneous gesture that captured the emotion of the moment and told us something about the changing relationship between murray and tennis fans who have taken a while to warm to him.  If a small boy from Essex can embrace the Scot, surely the rest of the country can too. Even south of the border'.
I sure hope so.  I think I'd have chosen the same moment and/or Andy's leap of joy when he returned to the court from his box.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »