Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Paris Masters 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at Paris Masters

(Read 8513 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Andy at Paris Masters « Reply #270 on: November 13, 2011, 06:55 AM »

The Tsonga/Isner match was a real fight and I do hope Tsonga has what it takes to beat Fed. He may have floored our Andy and I feel that would have been far worse from a morale point of view than defeat by Berdych.
Yes.....I think you're right Jan!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy at Paris Masters « Reply #271 on: November 13, 2011, 07:01 AM »

I think we're all cheering for Tsonga here. Didn't he come very high in our list of other favourites anyway? cmon yeah
Littlebuddha, I thought Isner's game had really improved. He's come late to tennis so good for him! Although, I don't like watching him play, he looks far too awkward to me.
Tessie, never mind about Berdych, we need Andy's serve to be firing and for him to be injury free, then he can beat anyone.
Apparently Rafa is having shoulder too. That serve he developed, to win the USOpen, may have cost him dear.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Andy at Paris Masters « Reply #272 on: November 13, 2011, 09:44 AM »

You can't Ruthie!.......Him and the Queen haven't got one! nah [or so he'd have us believe!]
lmao lmao
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Andy at Paris Masters « Reply #273 on: November 13, 2011, 09:52 AM »

Tsonga did well yesterday, true grit. I fear though he is going to be a bit pooped today while playing smugface. I would love Tsonga to win more than anything, but my head is saying smugface, as he has had such a leisurely week to the finals, he always has luck on his side, even though I hate to say he played well against Berdych, his game was on the ball, excuse the pun.

Could someone tell me if smugface does win, what will Andy's world ranking be?
IP Logged
ilam
Junior

Re: Andy at Paris Masters « Reply #274 on: November 13, 2011, 10:08 AM »

Andy should still be 3 as WTF's point comes off tomorrow.Let's just cheer for Tsonga!
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Andy at Paris Masters « Reply #275 on: November 13, 2011, 10:11 AM »

Thanks ilam.....I'll be chanting TSONGA! all round the hoose, soooooooo hope he can do it!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at Paris Masters « Reply #276 on: November 13, 2011, 11:11 AM »

We'll just have to wait and see, Ruthie, won't we? Had Novak and Nadal been in this tourney he wouldn't be looking at the title and I don't think he'll win at 02. They also showed the Murray/Nadal match from last year later this afternoon and it was good to see more of Andy's talent. Let's hope there is a similar repeat performance this year.
Yes I caught it too Jan.  Didn't see it when it was happening as I was at a conference.  Not sure I'd have survived the experience had I done so!  It still leaves me close to tears at the end!  If Andy can play like that this year at 02 then I believe he can win it.  But just slightly worried about the leg/elbow niggles that might have impeded him in Paris. 
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Andy at Paris Masters « Reply #277 on: November 13, 2011, 01:40 PM »

I too want Tsonga to beat Mr Smug. He took a long time to beat Isner yesterday and will have to improve if he is going to win. Isner fought hard and remember he had three long matches prior to his match against Tsonga. Tsonga had a bye so was fresh yesterday. I hope Tsonga wins but he will have to play better against Mr Smug.
IP Logged
araminta
Futures Level

Re: Andy at Paris Masters « Reply #278 on: November 13, 2011, 02:14 PM »

of course if Federer wins it wont be mentioned that the other top three werent there, a fact that commentators and media cant wait to point out if Andy wins a tournament
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy at Paris Masters « Reply #279 on: November 13, 2011, 02:22 PM »

littlebuddha, Joe-W was far too impatient against Isner.  I just hope he gives Fed a bit of a run for his money.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Andy at Paris Masters « Reply #280 on: November 13, 2011, 02:39 PM »

littlebuddha, Joe-W was far too impatient against Isner.  I just hope he gives Fed a bit of a run for his money.
Not doing very well at the moment.LB
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy at Paris Masters « Reply #281 on: November 13, 2011, 03:51 PM »

*Heavy sigh* useless  doh
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Andy at Paris Masters « Reply #282 on: November 13, 2011, 03:53 PM »

Fed won ,not very exciting match ,wish it had been Jo -wil.
IP Logged
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Andy at Paris Masters « Reply #283 on: November 13, 2011, 04:01 PM »

#3 not looking very secure. Fed has found some form...
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at Paris Masters « Reply #284 on: November 13, 2011, 04:22 PM »

#3 not looking very secure. Fed has found some form...
Much as it sticks in the throat, have to agree with you boogers.  Let's just hope that Andy rediscovers the form that took him through the Eastern swing and that he sorts out his physical niggles in time for 02.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »