Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Queens 2011 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at Queens 2011

(Read 4140 times)
sickboy1888
Junior

Andy at Queens 2011 « on: June 03, 2011, 09:18 PM »

This will be the shortest thread ever as I think he will pull out of this.I also think that would be the sensible thing to do.Get down to one of the lesser Grass tournaments in the second week of the grass court season.No need for him to play Queens

Most important that he rests that foot for a week than play Queens.Also think there would be a motivation problem so soon after the FO for him and the press would just get on his back if he went out so early.Better to play away from the spotlight in say Nottingham or Eastbourne or something even smaller

It always amazes me how quick Queens comes after the French Open.Seems crazy that there is not more of a build up to Wimbledon and that Queens is so close to the FO
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Queens 2011 « Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 09:53 PM »

Novak has pulled out so has Fish and Gasquet
IP Logged
sickboy1888
Junior

Re: Andy at Queens 2011 « Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 10:41 PM »

I think Nottingham would be better
IP Logged
notnek
Futures Level

Re: Andy at Queens 2011 « Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 01:11 AM »

I think Nottingham would be better

I wish! - I only live 10 mins from the court. Unfortunately, there is no men's event at Nottingham anymore. Eastbourne would be Andy's only choice.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Queens 2011 « Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 06:17 AM »

This will be the shortest thread ever as I think he will pull out of this.I also think that would be the sensible thing to do.Get down to one of the lesser Grass tournaments in the second week of the grass court season.No need for him to play Queens

Most important that he rests that foot for a week than play Queens.Also think there would be a motivation problem so soon after the FO for him and the press would just get on his back if he went out so early.Better to play away from the spotlight in say Nottingham or Eastbourne or something even smaller

It always amazes me how quick Queens comes after the French Open.Seems crazy that there is not more of a build up to Wimbledon and that Queens is so close to the FO
I think it's ridiculous that Queens comes right after RG, the toughest of the four Slams.  Players who reach the QF, and especially the SFs and Finals, need to have a break, as well as needing time to adapt to playing on grass.  The clay-court season is long enough as it is and I'm sure it could be cut by having the FO start a week earlier, thereby allowing for a week before Queens and a slightly longer build-up to Wimbledon.

Motivation doesn't seem to be a problem for Murray, and neither, so he said in a post-match interview, does his ankle (and he's the best judge of that), but he does have concerns about his fitness in general after his recent exertions.

From his column at the FO yesterday -

"It's been a good five or six weeks, my best clay-court season by far, and now I'm looking forward to the grass. I'd love to get out there and start practising straight away, and I really hope to play at Queen's, but we'll have to wait and see how my body recovers. Rest assured though, I'll give it everything I have to play as it's such a great tournament with so many top players."

However, with the tournament starting on Monday, he'll need to make a quick decision.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy at Queens 2011 « Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 06:23 AM »

I'm mixed about this. Yes, the practise on grass would be excellent but the ankle??
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Andy at Queens 2011 « Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 06:50 AM »

I'm mixed about this. Yes, the practise on grass would be excellent but the ankle??
Me likewise BBH!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Queens 2011 « Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 06:51 AM »

I am too, BBH.  He may say his ankle isn't troubling him, but he was still playing with it strapped up and receiving treatment on it.  Two days isn't long enough to allow it to heal properly.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy at Queens 2011 « Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 06:55 AM »

Only hope Andy knows best.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Andy at Queens 2011 « Reply #9 on: June 04, 2011, 07:17 AM »

No Fish puns this year  yay yay yay
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Andy at Queens 2011 « Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 07:33 AM »

I think if he were going to pull out, he'd have done so already as have Djokovic, Fish & Gasquet - it's only fair on the organisers and the replacement players etc.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Queens 2011 « Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 08:08 AM »

No Fish puns this year  yay yay yay

More Fish puns this year please.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy at Queens 2011 « Reply #12 on: June 04, 2011, 08:16 AM »

He won't have to play before Tuesday, I have a feeling once he's seen his physio, and rested, he will play at Queens.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Andy at Queens 2011 « Reply #13 on: June 04, 2011, 08:42 AM »

More Fish puns this year please.
At least he won't have to play MAC 'n ROE! w00t
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Andy at Queens 2011 « Reply #14 on: June 04, 2011, 09:17 AM »

At least he won't have to play MAC 'n ROE! w00t

Groaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan Very Happy
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »