Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at Rogers Cup 2012

(Read 6702 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #15 on: August 04, 2012, 10:31 PM »

Yeah, but to lose to Raonic again is not very ideal though understandable from Andy's part. I'd rather Andy skips Toronto but if he's still feeling high, he'll probably continue to play.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #16 on: August 04, 2012, 10:48 PM »

Why has Federer pulled out? Preparing for another end-of-season run while everyone else is knackered? Rolling Eyes

He still needs to turn up and do media duty, right? I thought that was part of the deal if withdrawing from the mandatory events... Think
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #17 on: August 04, 2012, 10:53 PM »

Yeah, but to lose to Raonic again is not very ideal though understandable from Andy's part. I'd rather Andy skips Toronto but if he's still feeling high, he'll probably continue to play.

Tricky one reall, the transition from grass to HC shouldn't be so sudden its not good on the joints idealy he would get some gentle practice in before playing competitively, i doubt he'd really have time for that. So skipping would be smart in a way

However he is confident and there are good points on offer if his first match isn't too taxing he can certianly play his way into his HC season and he has a great shot at winning the title.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #18 on: August 05, 2012, 07:41 AM »

Hope Andy stays at home and enjoys the leaving ceremony. Whatever the outcome today, he's been brilliant yay
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #19 on: August 05, 2012, 09:51 AM »

Hmmm. Andy will do what Andy will do and I feel he would have said already if he was going to withdraw. After all he has fans in Canada too. Could go either way we will have to wait and see.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #20 on: August 05, 2012, 11:23 AM »

I don't see how this is feasible.  Andy would have to fly on Monday - that would only give him a day to get over the jetlag and adjust to a new playing surface.  It just doesn't seem very sensible to me. 
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #21 on: August 05, 2012, 11:36 AM »

I don't see how this is feasible.  Andy would have to fly on Monday - that would only give him a day to get over the jetlag and adjust to a new playing surface.  It just doesn't seem very sensible to me. 
It's not likely but then Djoko and del Potro are in a similar boat (but not as bad), they are both playing today.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #22 on: August 05, 2012, 11:40 AM »

I think Murray could easily pull out he lost early last year no point to defend deserves a rest for Novak it's tough he probaly would like to skip it also but has 1000 points to defend!
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #23 on: August 05, 2012, 12:19 PM »

I think Murray could easily pull out he lost early last year no point to defend deserves a rest for Novak it's tough he probaly would like to skip it also but has 1000 points to defend!
A very valid point.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #24 on: August 05, 2012, 12:20 PM »

A very valid point.
Not like it's been mentioned a couple of dozen times in the last few days though.
IP Logged
notnek
Futures Level

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #25 on: August 05, 2012, 06:59 PM »

I know it's not sensible but I'd still be disappointed if he doesn't play.

With Federer and Nadal not playing and since he only got to the 2nd round last year, it's a great chance to move closer to Rafa in the rankings, or even overtake him.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #26 on: August 05, 2012, 07:32 PM »

Apparently Joker, Nadal and Federer have all pulled out of this tournament. So says John Lloyd during the mixed doubles final commentary. Id be very surprised if Andy doesn't pull out as well.
IP Logged
Dropnet

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #27 on: August 05, 2012, 07:32 PM »

I think it is an hard(court :P ) decision.

Andy can earn some good point to go close to Rafa, because he defends just 45 points and then he will have to try to defend title in Cincinnati.
But it is true too that choosing to play again next week can be a danger: he is tired and hard courts are not the best thing to have a rest.

Toronto's draw is a double face trouble too: play against Raonic&Isner can mean play fast matches, short rallies; but we know Andy and he could try to make miracles against their fast services. It is a risk for Andy's body.

Do you agree?

I am waiting for the decision. When will he have to declare his will?

IP Logged
Dropnet

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #28 on: August 05, 2012, 07:33 PM »

Apparently Joker, Nadal and Federer have all pulled out of this tournament. So says John Lloyd during the mixed doubles final commentary. Id be very surprised if Andy doesn't pull out as well.

Djokovic too? :O

1000 points will fly away?
IP Logged
notnek
Futures Level

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #29 on: August 05, 2012, 07:36 PM »

It's ridiculous that a Masters tournament could be without the five best players in the world. The ATP must surely do something about the schedule in four years time.

How about just replacing it with the Olympics every 4 years and making an Olympic gold worth 1000 points?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »