Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at Rogers Cup 2012

(Read 6678 times)
allyh84
ATP Level

Britain's number 3

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #60 on: August 05, 2012, 10:40 PM »

Delighted this is on Sky Sports. Defo looking to get in a few hours every night.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #61 on: August 05, 2012, 10:48 PM »

I've just read a report that says he will fly to Toronto on Wednesday.  That sounds as though there's no chance of him actually playing but will turn up to do the media and so not incur a fine and points penalty.
Well, if he is playing he'll surely have to fly out tomorrow and reaclimatise on Tues and have a bit of a practice ready for Wed
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #62 on: August 05, 2012, 10:49 PM »

Hopefully (work permitting) will be flying out wednesday morning.
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #63 on: August 05, 2012, 11:31 PM »

I heard today I'm scheduled to get eye surgery on Tue Aug 7th.. a significant date bcos that's probably the day Andy plays.
I pleaded for cancellation, but surgeon can't do until end of October and I shouldn't really wait that long.
Seriously considering tossing a coin over this. Boooooo!
What would you do?

If it's not an emergency.....reschedule the surgery and go see Andy play.......
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #64 on: August 06, 2012, 01:21 AM »

Who said he is flying on Wednesday? Surely his first match would be scheduled for then??
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #65 on: August 06, 2012, 09:42 AM »

Pull out Andy. Please.   Jesus.  Give the boy a ******* break.  By this rate  he wont be able to breathe   seriously.
IP Logged
notnek
Futures Level

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #66 on: August 06, 2012, 09:47 AM »

Rogers Cup organizers expected him to arrive on Monday, but at his post-Olympic press conference Sunday, Murray said would arrive in Toronto on Tuesday. Murray also acknowledged that his busy Olympic schedule was probably “not the best preparation” for this tournament, but he went on to say: “Toronto, the plan is to go there and play. … It’s not ideal, but tennis has its rules and I’ll be there for sure. Whether I play or not, I’ll have to see how my body feels on Tuesday.”
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #67 on: August 06, 2012, 09:53 AM »

Doubt Murray will play until Wednesday!
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #68 on: August 06, 2012, 10:27 AM »

Am I right in thinking that players who have participated in all of the Masters or have produced a medical certificate get a share of a large pot of money at the end of the season?
 Whether I am right or not it is refreshing to hear Murray say he'll keep his contract with Toronto.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #69 on: August 06, 2012, 10:29 AM »

Not expecting much here. Has had no time to acclimatise or get used to the surface.

Always amazed me how Rafa could win RG and then go deep at Queens, changing surface is so hard to do. Raonic will be very tough with home crowd backing.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #70 on: August 06, 2012, 10:52 AM »

Andy said on Breakfast TV this morning that he was intending to play Toronto.
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #71 on: August 06, 2012, 01:28 PM »

Andy said he was flying out to Toronto later today on tv earlier.
I think he will be fine, you know keeping the momentum going!!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #72 on: August 06, 2012, 01:43 PM »

If it's not an emergency.....reschedule the surgery and go see Andy play.......
I tried to postpone it Apollo, but the surgeon's secretary got all snitty with me and said I wouldn't get it done until at least the end of October. I can't let it go on that long. I'm seriously bummed about the timing, but what can I do.
He will play on Wednesday, and I will go see him with my good eye. Better than not at all.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #73 on: August 06, 2012, 02:39 PM »

I too read that he'd said he'll decide when he gets to Toronto whether to play or not though as it's better to pull out in time for them to draft in someone else I guess this points more towards him playing than not playing.  He said on R5Live interview last night that he was flying out at 4pm this afternoon so the only way he could let himself go was by having a fry up today!  Last of the big celebrations eh!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #74 on: August 06, 2012, 03:03 PM »

Hi All,

Didn't they say in commentary on the BBC yesterday that Djokovic has pulled out of Toronto? I'm sure they did.

Frankly the jetlag worries me more than the opponents Andy might come up against in the first round or two. I hope he gets a kind draw  - I mean, come on, he is Olympic Champion, they should give him a break with the draw! I'll have another word with my mate the big guy upstairs. Kept the roof off Centre Court, didn't I? LOL.

All we have to hope is that he isn't seeded to play Raonic or bloody Berdych until he is at least awake enough to see the ball and move properly. I will spit chips if he gets either one early on.

It is really to Andy's credit that he appears to want to play Toronto, but it does worry me just a bit for him. It's not him being beaten that worries me. Frankly if he is to get beaten I'd rather it be in a Masters than in a major. No, what worries me is the thought of him knackering himself, or injuring himself because he is knackered.

I suppose we have to believe that Andy knows what he is doing, but this whole thing could have been avoided by making Toronto non-compulsory this year.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »