Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at Rogers Cup 2012

(Read 7952 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #120 on: August 07, 2012, 05:45 PM »

Have a great time  EJ.  and anyone else who is going!!  I'm just gonna sit here and be jel.  lol   I'll have to wait until the O2  to see Andy.   

Have a great tournie Andy.  I wouldn't be too annoyed if he loses early. tbh   The man is a machine.  LOL.  Does he ever stop.  ?    and not to mention  another stonker of a draw.  I expect a cakewalk for Andy at USopen
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #121 on: August 07, 2012, 05:51 PM »

If Novak doesnt make it to the finals you know that means federer will be top dog for quite some time too.
I'd rather Novak got back on top in preparation of Andy's longer reign  rule

I definitely want Nole to get back to his original position but he seems to be a bit out of it. He needs to defend his title here and then make Cincy final and then defend USO again. A very tall task to be honest and I am not sure if he's at all up for it. Next year he'll probably pick it up a bit more. This year, he seems spent already.

Federer will be pretty done after this year I have a feeling. He has tons to defend after USO as well.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #122 on: August 07, 2012, 05:55 PM »

Have a great time  EJ.  and anyone else who is going!!  I'm just gonna sit here and be jel.  lol   I'll have to wait until the O2  to see Andy.   

Have a great tournie Andy.  I wouldn't be too annoyed if he loses early. tbh   The man is a machine.  LOL.  Does he ever stop.  ?    and not to mention  another stonker of a draw.  I expect a cakewalk for Andy at USopen

I am not sure if I am going yet. Just waiting for Andy's first match to be over and see how things go. If he sticks around then of course I am going. Craig is flying in tomorrow I think. Not sure about Scot yet.

At least you will be there at 02 and that's a great, great tournament let me tell you. We can't have it all, Johnny boy! Smile
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #123 on: August 07, 2012, 06:03 PM »

I definitely want Nole to get back to his original position but he seems to be a bit out of it. He needs to defend his title here and then make Cincy final and then defend USO again. A very tall task to be honest and I am not sure if he's at all up for it. Next year he'll probably pick it up a bit more. This year, he seems spent already.

Federer will be pretty done after this year I have a feeling. He has tons to defend after USO as well.

Im really looking forward to the WTF at the 02 and the surrounding tournaments. I'll be going to some of them if I'm still in the UK. Roger gets his own way a lot but i doubt he will be able to defend the shitload of points he has from the US Open on, not after such a taxing summer.
Not at 31 no way.
Actually thinking about it, Andy could get to Number one but he needs to take the US Open and the WTF. Special props to Novak and Nadal for basically retiring each other this year. If Andy is ready and I believe you when you say he is, and will hold you to it.  :p
Its all there for the taking.
But it won't be easy ofcourse
[ Last edit by theycanbillme August 07, 2012, 06:10 PM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #124 on: August 07, 2012, 06:15 PM »

Im really looking forward to the WTF at the 02 and the surrounding tournaments. I'll be going to some of them if I'm still in the UK. Roger gets his own way a lot but i doubt he will be able to defend the shitload of points he has from the US Open on, not after such a taxing summer.
Not at 31 no way.
Actually thinking about it, Andy could get to Number one but he needs to take the US Open and the WTF. Special props to Novak and Nadal for basically retiring each other this year. If Andy is ready and I believe you when you say he is, and will hold you to it.  :p
Its all there for the taking.

What does that mean, Bill, please explain. Are you going out of town or something?

I don't know if you remember but Ak400 not so long ago said something like "draws' don't matter and a week later, tennis God finds himself in a world of trouble while handing Del Potro. That was a real lesson right there for those Fedtards who think draws don't matter and that, any match basically is at God's racquet and craps like that.

LOL at your 2nd bolded part. Ain't that the truth. Simon Reed actually did say just last year that this year Federer and Murray would be sweeping the floor with all the titles. It hasn't happened yet or gone that far yet, but Federer IS leading with most of the titles and these two always tend to pick up right after RG. I agreed with him actually back then.

Hey, hey, hey! Why hold me? Andy knows he's there. If he fails it do it, then by all means, hold him responsible. He's your guy. lolol

Anyway, gotta go now. Don't forget to reply.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #125 on: August 07, 2012, 06:20 PM »

What does that mean, Bill, please explain. Are you going out of town or something?
I don't know if you remember but Ak400 not so long ago said something like "draws' don't matter and a week later, tennis God finds himself in a world of trouble while handing Del Potro. That was a real lesson right there for those Fedtards who think draws don't matter and that, any match basically is at God's racquet and craps like that.

LOL at your 2nd bolded part. Ain't that the truth. Simon Reed actually did say just last year that this year Federer and Murray would be sweeping the floor with all the titles. It hasn't happened yet or gone that far yet, but Federer IS leading with most of the titles and these two always tend to pick up right after RG. I agreed with him actually back then.

Hey, hey, hey! Why hold me? Andy knows he's there. If he fails it do it, then by all means, hold him responsible. He's your guy. lolol

AK400? mm yes i seem to remember someone called that, its fading fast however.
Anyway, gotta go now. Don't forget to reply.

It just means what we discussed in the other thread. Thats all.
I will go somewhere with internet connections for sure, maybe even better ones than can be enjoyed in the UK.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #126 on: August 07, 2012, 07:10 PM »

OK- so do we now have it from the horse's mouth that Andy will be playing, or is this still speculation?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #127 on: August 07, 2012, 07:15 PM »

Sky says he'll decide when he arrives and he was due to arrive around now I think.  He's due to play c8pm tomorrow though not clear whether they meant our time or Canadian.  I imagine Canadian as it will be the big match esp if Raonic.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #128 on: August 07, 2012, 07:18 PM »

I always thought it would be the U.S.

He loves the atmosphere there. The way he is playing at the mo is perfect for that court!!
Me too, and I still think he will. Just got a feeling , I had a bet Andy would win Gold with my friends and they laughed, they are not laughing now. But yes the AO, is also where  Andy plays very well, let's face it the next 6 months are going to be fab.  yay
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #129 on: August 07, 2012, 07:59 PM »

Have I misunderstood this EJ or would you really rather Djoko won the US Open than Andy?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #130 on: August 07, 2012, 08:41 PM »

Have I misunderstood this EJ or would you really rather Djoko won the US Open than Andy?

What? NO! I can't possibly want anyone else winning USO other than Andy and not only USO but any slam. I meant Noel should kick Federer out of the top position so that he can get back to where he belongs. Eventually I'd like Andy to take over and the sooner he does it the better. Once he gets that elusive Slam of his, he'll be able to snatch that No. 1 ranking as well. Some people are very keen on his ranking points and etc., but I don’t want him to get to No.1 position without winning a Slam first. That’s the single most priority right now and that’s why he’s hired Lendl and for no other reasons.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #131 on: August 07, 2012, 08:42 PM »

OK- so do we now have it from the horse's mouth that Andy will be playing, or is this still speculation?

Well, I am not even sure if the horse is here yet.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #132 on: August 07, 2012, 08:42 PM »

She wants Nole to get back to #1 ahead of Federer, presumably only if Andy doesn't get there first, but as that's quite a big ask right now, it's a reasonable thing to want.

Nowhere has she said she wants Nole to win the US!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #133 on: August 07, 2012, 08:46 PM »

What? NO! I can't possibly want anyone else winning USO other than Andy and not only USO but any slam. I meant Noel should kick Federer out of the top position so that he can get back to where he belongs. Eventually I'd like Andy to take over and the sooner he does it the better. Once he gets that elusive Slam of his, he'll be able to snatch that No. 1 ranking as well. Some people are very keen on his ranking points and etc., but I don’t want him to get to No.1 position without winning a Slam first. That’s the single most priority right now and that’s why he’s hired Lendl and for no other reasons.
I keep a keen eye on the rankings, for two reasons:

1) The main one, seeding. It's vital that he doesn't fall out of the top 4 again. Getting up to 2nd probably would make little difference, unless one of the other guys doesn't contest in a Slam.

2) Reputation... Position..? There's a better word for what I mean but, like when he went above Federer last year, it looks bloody good to be sitting higher than 4, although meaningless.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #134 on: August 07, 2012, 08:53 PM »

I keep a keen eye on the rankings, for two reasons:

1) The main one, seeding. It's vital that he doesn't fall out of the top 4 again. Getting up to 2nd probably would make little difference, unless one of the other guys doesn't contest in a Slam.

2) Reputation... Position..? There's a better word for what I mean but, like when he went above Federer last year, it looks bloody good to be sitting higher than 4, although meaningless.

He can stay where he is right now or maybe even move further up to let's say 2nd position, but certainly not more than that. He must win a Slam first. Andy is quite consistent so it will take someone else play much better than him in order to topple him and the only way that can happen if Andy's having a mental letdown or physical injuries (God forbid),  but after the success he had just now (reaching Wimbledon final and winning Olympics), it would be asking a bit much. Andy is just on a different mental state right now. He’s also a much, much better player than the rest of the field.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »