Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at Rogers Cup 2012

(Read 8111 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #135 on: August 07, 2012, 09:12 PM »

Andy has landed in Toronto from what I've heard!!    EJ and any people in Canada   now's your chance  GO GO GO  Stalk him like never before!!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #136 on: August 07, 2012, 09:38 PM »

What? NO! I can't possibly want anyone else winning USO other than Andy and not only USO but any slam. I meant Noel should kick Federer out of the top position so that he can get back to where he belongs. Eventually I'd like Andy to take over and the sooner he does it the better. Once he gets that elusive Slam of his, he'll be able to snatch that No. 1 ranking as well. Some people are very keen on his ranking points and etc., but I don’t want him to get to No.1 position without winning a Slam first. That’s the single most priority right now and that’s why he’s hired Lendl and for no other reasons.

O.K. EJ - my  misunderstanding - thanks for the clarification.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #137 on: August 07, 2012, 09:45 PM »

:
Andy has landed in Toronto from what I've heard!!    EJ and any people in Canada   now's your chance  GO GO GO  Stalk him like never before!!
. roflmao
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #138 on: August 07, 2012, 10:35 PM »

I believe he will take the gamble and play.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #139 on: August 07, 2012, 10:49 PM »

Andy will play Cipolla tomorrow in R2 Toronto (R1 Bye) not before 3pm local time. Toronto 5 hours behind, so make that 8pm BST**
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #140 on: August 07, 2012, 10:55 PM »

Andy v Cipolla Wednesday, not before 3pm local time.

It does seem a bit unreal, especially hearing other athletes planning to celebrate and relax. One of the many medalling cyclists was on the BBC breakfast programme yesterday, following the interview with Andy. Hearing Andy's schedule he said "two days off? I feel for the guy. I'm planning about two years".

Edit - see you got there way before me John!
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #141 on: August 07, 2012, 11:05 PM »

Why not, he's on a roll. Keep the momentum going. Get up the rankings. Hope he's not knackered by the U.S though.
Cheers for match time, will have to record as am working.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #142 on: August 07, 2012, 11:22 PM »

I finally catch a break.

No patch on my eye, just surgical tape to cover the stitches. Was hoping to look my best for Andy, but oh well..at least I can see him with 2 eyes instead of 1.
I have another  Rolling Eyes hopsital appt. late tomorrow morning, but Andy has kindly taken this into consideration and will not be playing until 3:00pm. This will give me just about enough time to get there.
There is no way I am missing his opening match because I still remember vividly that awful Kevin Anderson match last year.
Weather is good for tomorrow, but rain/poss. thunderstorms Thurs/Fri.
Can't believe I'm actually going to see him tomorrow. Surreal.
Will take pics of course and post.
Cheers!

IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #143 on: August 07, 2012, 11:50 PM »

My journey's to see Andy usually end up in disaster but if all is well I shall get to see him on Thursday before flying back home for the first time in 18 months.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #144 on: August 07, 2012, 11:52 PM »

I finally catch a break.

No patch on my eye, just surgical tape to cover the stitches. Was hoping to look my best for Andy, but oh well..at least I can see him with 2 eyes instead of 1.
I have another  Rolling Eyes hopsital appt. late tomorrow morning, but Andy has kindly taken this into consideration and will not be playing until 3:00pm. This will give me just about enough time to get there.
There is no way I am missing his opening match because I still remember vividly that awful Kevin Anderson match last year.
Cheers!

Glad you came through your op ok, enjoy the match tomorrow, so jealous but I hope Andy is ok after all his exertions and travelling.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #145 on: August 08, 2012, 12:29 AM »

If I turn up on Thursday and Andy has lost 1st round I will kill him.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #146 on: August 08, 2012, 12:32 AM »

I finally catch a break.

Cheers!
Glad your op is over with and that you'll be able to see Andy very clearly! #greenwithenvy!

Hmmm - scheduled for 3 pm, the hottest part of the day.  What's up with these Canadian and American schedulers?  Andy always seems to get the daytime slots.  Maybe it won't be a bad thing though because his body-clock will still be 5 hours ahead.  My concern is the heat and humidity because he hasn't had his usual Miami stint this year but maybe he's been finding some other way of training for it, like doing endless press-ups in a sauna.

My journey's to see Andy usually end up in disaster but if all is well I shall get to see him on Thursday before flying back home for the first time in 18 months.
I bet you can't wait to get home Craig.  18 months is a long time - but be prepared for leaden skies and lots of rain.  Edinburgh enjoyed sunshine all day today, and that's been the first day like that since the first week of Wimbledon. Rolling Eyes  Oh - and I hope you get to see Andy without any mishaps!  Also I hope you don't do him any gbh should he go out in his first match. lol

[ Last edit by Aileen August 08, 2012, 12:44 AM ] IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #147 on: August 08, 2012, 12:48 AM »

Thanks Aileen. So many things I've missed like Irn Bru, Scottish accents and real football.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #148 on: August 08, 2012, 12:48 AM »

Aileen.. don't worry about the heat & humidity. It's much, much better than it's been recently.
Nothing Andy can't handle.
ttul.. got stuff to do in preparation of tomorrow. #excited Smile
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #149 on: August 08, 2012, 01:09 AM »

If I turn up on Thursday and Andy has lost 1st round I will kill him.

But Craig, you have taken a lot of risk to begin with. There's at least a 50-50 chance Andy might just tank tomorrow. You should go to tournaments where there's a least chance for Andy to tank like the USO for example.

I can't go tomorrow as I must stay at work so my options are Thursday and Friday (or the weekend) but I will only go if Andy makes it as I can't afford to take any time off this week due to my boss being away this week.

Watching Troicki/Raonic on TV. Looks like it's going to rain on Friday and Saturday but the weather forecast tends to change a lot here so not sure how it's going to be in the end. This is will though bring the temp considerably down to 22-25, so the night matches will be much on the cooler side. Friday has about 70% chance of rain with lots of gutsy wind. We were having such good weather all this time really now the sudden change in the forecast.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »