Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012  (Read 5926 times)
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #150 on: August 08, 2012, 01:17 AM »

But Craig, you have taken a lot of risk to begin with. There's at least a 50-50 chance Andy might just tank tomorrow. You should go to tournaments where there's a least chance for Andy to tank like the USO for example.

I can't go tomorrow as I must stay at work so my options are Thursday and Friday (or the weekend) but I will only go if Andy makes it as I can't afford to take any time off this week due to my boss being away this week.

Watching Troicki/Raonic on TV. Looks like it's going to rain on Friday and Saturday but the weather forecast tends to change a lot here so not sure how it's going to be in the end. This is will though bring the temp considerably down to 22-25, so the night matches will be much on the cooler side. Friday has about 70% chance of rain with lots of gutsy wind. We were having such good weather all this time really now the sudden change in the forecast.

I know EJ, the schedule has left me a bit stranded. I am hoping to sneek a flight out of LAX to back home tomorrow, so Andy may well have to be missed.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #151 on: August 08, 2012, 01:25 AM »

Just go with your gut feeling, Craig and see what it says.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #152 on: August 08, 2012, 01:29 AM »

Just go with your gut feeling, Craig and see what it says.
thumb up
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #153 on: August 08, 2012, 02:28 AM »

Aileen.. don't worry about the heat & humidity. It's much, much better than it's been recently.
Nothing Andy can't handle.
ttul.. got stuff to do in preparation of tomorrow. #excited Smile
That's good to hear, but there's still the small problem of jetlag, which Andy is not very good at dealing with.

There's at least a 50-50 chance Andy might just tank tomorrow.
Eyebrow raise.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #154 on: August 08, 2012, 02:32 AM »

Thanks Aileen. So many things I've missed like Irn Bru, Scottish accents and real football.
I know from my own experiece how you've felt, and I guess the weather will be incidental.  Just warning you though!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #155 on: August 08, 2012, 08:30 AM »

Well this suggests Andy is feeling ok in his body so jetlag likely to be the main problem.   If he goes out today so be it, at least he'll have tried.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #156 on: August 08, 2012, 08:33 AM »

Jetlag is not so bad going West.  I am dreadful with jet lag but recover very quickly when flying to US but on the return I take 5 days to recover.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #157 on: August 08, 2012, 08:48 AM »

Jetlag is not so bad going West.  I am dreadful with jet lag but recover very quickly when flying to US but on the return I take 5 days to recover.
depends on your body clock tamila.  I'm much worse flying west than east. Some people say it depends on whether you're a morning or night person and I'm a morning person.  Andy is definitely not a morning person so perhaps like you he'll be better flying west.  And indeed I seem to remember he's had his worst jetlag problems when flying to the far East. So here's hoping for his sake.   Still if he only arrived yesterday he'll have had no days to get over it!  Perhaps it helps if you're flat out on the plane.  Whistle
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #158 on: August 08, 2012, 12:32 PM »

Obviously he should have a decent seat for sleeping on the plane.  One of my problems is that I do not sleep even in first class.  He is also used to flying and when he returned from the USO last year to play Davis cup he said that he is bad coming east.  I still would not like to have to play a tennis match after flying over from here especially after all the excitement of winning Olympic gold.

GOOD LUCK ANDY
IP Logged
Ivelina

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #159 on: August 08, 2012, 01:34 PM »

I'm a bit lazy to go through the entire thread,BUT the last page suggested me to ask what is the issue with Andy's physical condition you're all worried about?The ones who've followed him closely for long time,could you tell me if he has serious injuries from the past that might shorten his career(the Nadal way) shocking
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #160 on: August 08, 2012, 01:55 PM »

It's more the jetlag and the new surface to adapt to than his physical condition. He's had almost no time to practice or rest after getting a plane over there.

And then there's the emotional side as well - he's had almost no time to enjoy his gold medal and is straight back onto the tour again.

In truth reaching the QFs would be a good achievement, and I'm going into tonight's match with no expectations. If he loses, it's very bloody understandable. It's more about match practice than anything else.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #161 on: August 08, 2012, 03:20 PM »

I think the issue with the physical thing is that after the exertions of last week and no time to recuperate (other than 1st class flight) his body might be vulnerable to injury if he's not feeling fully fit.  So for instance yesterday Peter Fleming thought he should play and go for it but not if he has any physical niggles because of this greater vulnerability to injury at a key time.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #162 on: August 08, 2012, 10:54 PM »

I think Berdych will win here you know. He's the freshest of the top seeds, Tsonga and DelPo are out, Murray looked tired (understandably).

I'll be surprised if Andy beats Raonic in all honesty, and likewise if Djokovic can reach the final.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #163 on: August 08, 2012, 11:09 PM »

Who does Nole play first?
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #164 on: August 08, 2012, 11:23 PM »

Who does Nole play first?