Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at Rogers Cup 2012

(Read 6486 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #165 on: August 10, 2012, 02:36 AM »

I think the issue with the physical thing is that after the exertions of last week and no time to recuperate (other than 1st class flight) his body might be vulnerable to injury if he's not feeling fully fit.  So for instance yesterday Peter Fleming thought he should play and go for it but not if he has any physical niggles because of this greater vulnerability to injury at a key time.
That's one of the reasons why I wasn't happy about him playing in Toronto, and unfortunately I've been proved right.  Andy said himself that a sudden change of surface is hard on the body at the best of times.

Also I do think he should have given himself time to enjoy his Olympic win and simply not played here.  So what if he'd been fined?  He can afford it, and winning a gold medal is something very few top sportsmen and women achieve during their careers.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #166 on: August 10, 2012, 06:44 AM »

I am sure that Lendl and Andy feel that USO is more important this year than points.  He probably felt that he had to at least try and fulfil his committments as he always does.  There was no reason given for Federer, Ferrer and Verdasco to withdraw.  The latter two did not go that deep in the Olympics but always play smaller tournaments which tire them.  Federer is allowed to back out of one Masters as he has played over 700 matches in his career.  He backed out of Shanghai last year without penalty.

I cannot think that too much damamge was done to his knee in the match against Cipolla as for instance he played to the Q finals of RG with a horrendous back injury.   I am sure this is just precautionary and he did not seem to be hinting at not playing Cinncy or USO, that was just media rubbish, as usual.   
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #167 on: August 10, 2012, 07:56 AM »

Another factor in Andy flying straight over was that he was meeting up with Mr L here and Mr L isn't with him next week - not sure why.  I wonder if they'll rethink that now assuming the knee is ok for practice and play next week.  In his Sky interview he showed how he's clearly torn between being able to enjoy his medal success and having to move straight on and focus on the next tourno and upcoming USO.  It's clear that Mr L isn't one for resting on any laurels or medals  Whistle
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #168 on: August 10, 2012, 05:55 PM »

Berdych is down a set and a break to Gasquet.

Fish lost the first set 6-2 to Monaco

Cilic first set down to Tipsy.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #169 on: August 10, 2012, 06:22 PM »

Bye bye Berdych and Cilic. Nole's on.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Rogers Cup 2012 « Reply #170 on: August 11, 2012, 01:16 AM »

Another factor in Andy flying straight over was that he was meeting up with Mr L here and Mr L isn't with him next week - not sure why.  I wonder if they'll rethink that now assuming the knee is ok for practice and play next week.  In his Sky interview he showed how he's clearly torn between being able to enjoy his medal success and having to move straight on and focus on the next tourno and upcoming USO.  It's clear that Mr L isn't one for resting on any laurels or medals  Whistle
I can imagine.  What a shame for Andy.

Berdych is down a set and a break to Gasquet.

Fish lost the first set 6-2 to Monaco

Cilic first set down to Tipsy.
Fish vs Gasquet presently 5-5 in the 1st set.  Seems to be quite a lively crowd there.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »