Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 28 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013

(Read 10579 times)
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #315 on: June 11, 2013, 08:45 PM »

Andy up 3rd match tomorrow sky just gave out the order of play
Ha Ha - so Andy will be playing his 1st Match Thursday and, at some point, will play 2 matches in a day.  He should have been on 2nd.

Maybe no matches will get played tomorrow!
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #316 on: June 11, 2013, 08:47 PM »

Thomas up second.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #317 on: June 11, 2013, 08:48 PM »

It's not a certainty that the rain will happen y'know? Let's all hope for the best.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #318 on: June 11, 2013, 08:55 PM »

It's not a certainty that the rain will happen y'know? Let's all hope for the best.
Hmmm maybe.  Forecast not SO bad until about 4pm - Oh, what a coincidence, just when Andy is due to play.  What planet are the organisers living on? or maybe the logic is..... lets make life as difficult as possible for a player returning from injury, the 2 time Queens Club Champion, Olympic Champion, US Open Champion, 9 time Masters Champion, winner of 26 ATP titles, World No. 2, and best British player for a zillion years!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #319 on: June 11, 2013, 08:58 PM »

Hmmm maybe.  Forecast not SO bad until about 4pm - Oh, what a coincidence, just when Andy is due to play.  What planet are the organisers living on? or maybe the logic is..... lets make life as difficult as possible for a player returning from injury, the 2 time Queens Club Champion, Olympic Champion, US Open Champion, 9 time Masters Champion, winner of 26 ATP titles, World No. 2, and best British player for a zillion years!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy will be done by 4pm, haha.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #320 on: June 11, 2013, 09:01 PM »

Ross Hutchins has been commentating on Eurosport - looks absolutely super - very well and full of smiles - love him to bits - he must get well surely.
Has he really Jan? How amazing! I hope he goes into remission after his chemo. Getting involved in his sport will help him focus on the positives.
I watched on Eurosport, Frew Mac was commentating there.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #321 on: June 11, 2013, 09:15 PM »

Ross Hutchins has been commentating on Eurosport - looks absolutely super - very well and full of smiles - love him to bits - he must get well surely.

He's such a great tennis analyst - very knowledgable and positive about all the players. I enjoyed the work he did for Eurosport during the French Open too.

Pleased Delpo won. Malisse perhaps played the better tennis overall (his game really suits grass) but Delpo fought hard in the 3rd set. It'd be great if the Andy/Tsonga and Delpo/Berdych semis happen this weekend.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #322 on: June 11, 2013, 09:16 PM »

It is brilliant to see Ross on Eurosport, co-presenting no less. If they ditched the buffoon with him and just had Ross, or maybe Ross could be accompanied by someone else with a brain, it might be worth watching all their coverage rather than starting with the BBC and then switching over.

Ross does look pretty well, all things considered. He looks like he's lost a bit of weight, but also has a slightly bloated look that people having chemo can have, but he doesn't look bad. He is all smiles, which is great. I love Ross too, he's a lovely bloke.

Ross was very upbeat about Andy today, says he's striking the ball well in practice and looks good. He thinks the match should be good tomorrow. Hope so.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #323 on: June 11, 2013, 09:24 PM »

Ross also tweeted  10 Jun
I will be donating £500 for every British singles win and £250 for every British doubles win at Queens! Come on the Brits!! #raise100k

And sure enough today  there's a £500 donation from him with "Well done Dan Evans"at http://www.justgiving.com/RallyAgainstCancer2013

I wonder how much Andy will cost him....
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #324 on: June 11, 2013, 09:28 PM »

Has he really Jan? How amazing! I hope he goes into remission after his chemo. Getting involved in his sport will help him focus on the positives.
I watched on Eurosport, Frew Mac was commentating there.
It was at the end of Eurosport transmission today - he was with John Overend(?) I believe he has commentated too this week and is certainly 'on site' Hope we see a lot more of him in the next month, it will let us know better than anything else how well he is getting on.
[ Last edit by janscribe June 11, 2013, 09:33 PM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #325 on: June 11, 2013, 09:33 PM »

Brilliant - he's done it but Malisse played so well.

Malisse can play brilliantly at times but he can't keep up the level. I saw him live against Federer in Toronto in 2008 and he played the 1st set brilliantly but then fell apart in the 2nd. So I'd say he's a tough 1st round for Del Potro. And I don't think Del Potro is all that great on grass but certainly good enough.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #326 on: June 11, 2013, 10:07 PM »

Ross also tweeted  10 Jun
I will be donating £500 for every British singles win and £250 for every British doubles win at Queens! Come on the Brits!! #raise100k

And sure enough today  there's a £500 donation from him with "Well done Dan Evans"at http://www.justgiving.com/RallyAgainstCancer2013

I wonder how much Andy will cost him....
A bit of a shame though that Ward and Baker didn't win their singles.  Hopefully Andy will make up for them.

It's also a pity I can't get Eurosport because I would love to hear Ross commentating.  I'm glad to hear though that he still seems to be making a good recovery, hopefully a full one.  He's a delightful young man.

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #327 on: June 11, 2013, 10:44 PM »

It was at the end of Eurosport transmission today - he was with John Overend(?) I believe he has commentated too this week and is certainly 'on site' Hope we see a lot more of him in the next month, it will let us know better than anything else how well he is getting on.

The man Ross was with was Rob Curling, or Rob Toe-Curling as I think of him.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #328 on: June 11, 2013, 10:44 PM »

Just posted by Andy on twitter:

Andy Murray ‏@andy_murray
sometimes you have to be away from something to realise how much you love it... cannot wait to get back on the match court tomorrow!!!

wub  yay
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #329 on: June 11, 2013, 10:47 PM »

it was great to see Malisse playing so well today. He seems to have been around forever.

Delpo did well to get the win in the end. It was a great match to watch.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 28 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »