Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 28 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013

(Read 10842 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #330 on: June 11, 2013, 10:48 PM »

Just posted by Andy on twitter:

Andy Murray ‏@andy_murray
sometimes you have to be away from something to realise how much you love it... cannot wait to get back on the match court tomorrow!!!

wub  yay

Lovely, lovely, lovely!!!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #331 on: June 12, 2013, 11:11 AM »

Mackem I agree the organisers of this tournament certainly don't do Andy favour. It sticks out like a sore thumb. As usual they seem to like making tournaments as difficult as they can. I hope if Andy does play today It remains Dry and not like yesterdays fiasco. I do not know how often Querry and Bedene were on and of court yesterday and no cover put on making the court very slippy. It is time this country treats Andy as the world number 2. If it was smugfed they would pull out all the stops.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #332 on: June 12, 2013, 11:54 AM »

Mackem I agree the organisers of this tournament certainly don't do Andy favour. It sticks out like a sore thumb. As usual they seem to like making tournaments as difficult as they can. I hope if Andy does play today It remains Dry and not like yesterdays fiasco. I do not know how often Querry and Bedene were on and of court yesterday and no cover put on making the court very slippy. It is time this country treats Andy as the world number 2. If it was smugfed they would pull out all the stops.

The thing is they do have matches to complete. Also, Hewitt/Dimitrov was supposed to be on yesterday and was held back because of the weather. Andy was never due to play until today.

If the weather continues to cause problems they'll move the final to Monday, but hopefully it won't come to that.

I don't know why yesterday is being considered a fiasco. It rained. It's summer in the UK, it tends to rain. It isn't doing it just to thwart Andy. The covers were used, but they don't always put them on immediately, because they can make the courts sweat and become dangerous. If they use the covers you have to wait at leadt half an hour after the rain stops to resume play, to prevent players slipping on damp courts.

I'm all for the odd conspiracy theory, and we all know Andy often has tough draws to negotiate, but let's stop looking for conspiracies where there aren't any.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #333 on: June 12, 2013, 12:02 PM »

Lleyton's playing very well against Dimitrov - hope he can win this match, it's not often that Lleyton matches are on TV these days.
IP Logged
snorkel.maiden
Junior

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #334 on: June 12, 2013, 12:04 PM »

Just heard that LLodra has withdrawn so Matosevic gets a walkover and will play Andy / Mahut tomorrow.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #335 on: June 12, 2013, 12:09 PM »

Lleyton's playing very well against Dimitrov - hope he can win this match, it's not often that Lleyton matches are on TV these days.

You have to admire Hewitt, playing this well and rolling back the years. Dimitrov is playing him with far too much respect.

Someone should also tell Bradman that the 'new balls' gag was funny ten minutes ago. It's wearing a bit thin on its third outing.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #336 on: June 12, 2013, 12:13 PM »

You have to admire Hewitt, playing this well and rolling back the years. Dimitrov is playing him with far too much respect.

Someone should also tell Bradman that the 'new balls' gag was funny ten minutes ago. It's wearing a bit thin on its third outing.

I respect him so much for how he's kept on playing despite having so many bad injuries over the years. I liked Dimitrov too, but would prefer Lleyton to win today.

Agree about the 'new balls' gag - also they don't need to keep mentioning Sharapova every time Grigor plays either!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #337 on: June 12, 2013, 12:19 PM »

I just found a stream. Did Lleyton win? because they just said the Berdych match is on next.

IP Logged
snorkel.maiden
Junior

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #338 on: June 12, 2013, 12:25 PM »

He did, 4 and 3.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #339 on: June 12, 2013, 12:30 PM »

Well there we are Dimi not quite as good as they keep saying, Roanic out in Germany !! Why do they go on and on about players, well played Lleyton .
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #340 on: June 12, 2013, 12:57 PM »

Andy's after Berdych. I am not sure how it looks weatherwise but do hope Andy gets to play today. Berdych is cruising at the moment.

Lleyton, in the meantime, thrashed Dimitrov in 4 and 3. It's always great to see Hewitt win a match regardless.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #341 on: June 12, 2013, 12:59 PM »

Berdy took 1st set 6-1. Heavy rain delay currently.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #342 on: June 12, 2013, 01:40 PM »

Well there we are Dimi not quite as good as they keep saying, Roanic out in Germany !! Why do they go on and on about players, well played Lleyton .

Dimitrov, and Raonic to be fair, are both still young. In this era they have time. It's tough for them to break through, and let's not forget Hewitt is hardly shabby on grass. He did win Queen's four times and that other grass tournament in London.

I'd rather watch Dimitrov than Raonic personally, but they could both be big in the future, when Dimitrov figures it all out and Raonic learns that he relies too much in that big serve and needs tools to back it up. He also needs to be a bit more imaginative. Tennis is not a maths problem he is trying to solve.
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #343 on: June 12, 2013, 01:46 PM »

Still raining and horrible
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #344 on: June 12, 2013, 01:58 PM »

Wow - just saw Dan Evans beat Nieminen and plays Delpo next!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 28 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »