Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 28 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013

(Read 10583 times)
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #30 on: June 07, 2013, 06:48 PM »

Nadal also.
Uncle Toni doesn't have the same programming power on grass.  no  At least that's what I'm telling myself!  Very Happy
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #31 on: June 07, 2013, 06:56 PM »

Nadal also.

That's too funny lol clap
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #32 on: June 07, 2013, 07:10 PM »

Uncle Toni doesn't have the same programming power on grass.  no  At least that's what I'm telling myself!  Very Happy
Nadal could be on grass, for all we know. lol  Thankfully we won't have to watch him at Queens because he'll be too busy hounding Federer in Halle.  Hope Haas defends his title there though.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #33 on: June 07, 2013, 07:21 PM »

This will be Andy's only grass court event until Wimbledon
He's also committed himself to playing at The Hurlingham Club, rather curiously making the announcement the day before he announced his withdrawal from RG, although, given that it's an exho, that could change, depending on how things go at Queens.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #34 on: June 07, 2013, 07:29 PM »

Nadal could be on grass, for all we know. lol  Thankfully we won't have to watch him at Queens because he'll be too busy hounding Federer in Halle.  Hope Haas defends his title there though.

Rafa said in 2011, the last time he played Queen's that he wouldn't play there again because he loses too much money under the UK tax system. I'm waiting for the day when he refuses to play Wimbles for the same reason.
IP Logged
audie
Futures Level

my guilty ppleasure

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #35 on: June 07, 2013, 07:33 PM »

hello everyone
hope we will be able to watchsome of andy at queens
now cause im justan  andy girl and have no idea whats what .i see fed and nadal are not playing here .is that right and why ?
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #36 on: June 07, 2013, 08:26 PM »

I think I heard/read that it's tomorrow.  Can't remember where I heard/read that - so if it's important, please check elsewhere! lol

Thanks for this.... The Queen's club twitter account tweeted a picture of a blank draw board earlier today so I suspected the draw would take place today or tomorrow...
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #37 on: June 07, 2013, 09:04 PM »

Murray aims to be the king of Queen's after skipping test of endurance

Andy Murray sat glued to Friday's epic encounter between Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic at the French Open and took its physical nature as a reminder of why he was right to skip Roland Garros and focus on next week's Aegon Championships at The Queen's Club.

'It was a hard decision but that sort of match is the reason why I wouldn't be playing there,' he said last night.

'I wouldn't have been able to compete at that level. It was tough because I play well at Grand Slams and it's not often you get to compete to reach four finals in a row, which was a goal of mine, but my back just wasn't good enough.'

The more encouraging upshot is that Murray is raring to go on grass, having secured two weeks of extra preparation, even though he describes the period as 'not having been much fun'.

'Once I was able to get back on court again and in the gym I've been doing three and half to four hours' worth of rehab every single day. That was the priority. I've watched a lot of tennis and some boxing as well.

'When you miss a Slam, that's really hard and sometimes it takes having something taken away from you to realise how much you love it.

'I've realised I want to be back out on these courts and that's why I've done everything to get ready for Queen's and I can't wait to get back on the match court.

'I did a training block after Monte Carlo so hopefully there's something of that in there and it's just matches that I need now. I won't be match tight but at least I feel I have done enough training.'

Murray will be joined at Queen's by Jo Wilfried Tsonga, defending champion Marin Cilic, four-times winner Lleyton Hewitt, Tomas Berdych and Juan Martin del Potro.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2337646/Andy-Murray-aims-king-Queens-skipping-test-endurance.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #38 on: June 07, 2013, 09:16 PM »

The good news is that playing Queen's should help Andy get match tight. If he's fit I think he'll be raring to go by the time Wimbledon comes around.

I'm glad he's missed playing in a way. I've missed him! The decision to skip RG was right though. If it helps him down the line it was worth it.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #39 on: June 07, 2013, 09:17 PM »

Thanks Linda strange Andy didnt mention how much time he spent on FB and Twitter

lol
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #40 on: June 08, 2013, 01:56 AM »

I was thinking it might be a good for for Andy to miss a slam, to make him appreciate them a bit more to get that drive to succeed back at a peek. It felt at the AO that he wasn't as intensively driven to win the tournament as he was before he won the US Open, hopefully he will get that eagerness back to what it was now Wimbledon has come around.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #41 on: June 08, 2013, 02:50 AM »

I was thinking it might be a good for for Andy to miss a slam, to make him appreciate them a bit more to get that drive to succeed back at a peek. It felt at the AO that he wasn't as intensively driven to win the tournament as he was before he won the US Open, hopefully he will get that eagerness back to what it was now Wimbledon has come around.
Andy said in the article in the DM posted above @scotnadian -

'When you miss a Slam, that's really hard and sometimes it takes having something taken away from you to realise how much you love it.

'I've realised I want to be back out on these courts and that's why I've done everything to get ready for Queen's and I can't wait to get back on the match court.

I'm not surprised though that Andy also said that watching the Djokovic/Nadal match reminded him of just why he was right to skip RG.  That was pretty brutal stuff.

IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #42 on: June 08, 2013, 02:51 AM »

Has Andy's Wimbledon outfit been revealed yet?
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #43 on: June 08, 2013, 11:23 AM »

Andy posted this on twitter earlier:

"Love coming back to queens one of the best run tournaments of the year along with world tour finals, chris kermode tourny director of both does great job... Possible lta ceo? Played the game, knows the businss and loves the game..probably won't get a look in"
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the Aegon Championships 2013 « Reply #44 on: June 08, 2013, 01:06 PM »

Andy posted this on twitter earlier:

"Love coming back to queens one of the best run tournaments of the year along with world tour finals, chris kermode tourny director of both does great job... Possible lta ceo? Played the game, knows the businss and loves the game..probably won't get a look in"

I love Andy when he speaks his mind! It's true as well.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 28 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »