Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the Australian Open 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: The draw is out and Andy is on Fed's side of the draw.  How far will he get?
Eliminated in the first round. - 1 (2.4%)
Scraped through the 1st round but can't make it through the 2nd. - 0 (0%)
On court for Bev to see who witnesses his 3rd round exit. - 0 (0%)
Nightmares from 2007 are upon us again as Andy goes out in the 4th round. - 0 (0%)
Uncharted territory as Andy goes out in QF's. - 4 (9.8%)
Heartbreak again as Andy falls short in the SF's. - 0 (0%)
Goes through the No.2 seed but falls at the final hurdle. - 3 (7.3%)
Ye of little faith!  AO Champion! - 33 (80.5%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 30 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at the Australian Open 2013

(Read 12723 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « on: January 07, 2013, 12:12 AM »

Wow, great start to the 2013 season for Andy with one title under his belt yay

Draw for the AO will be on Friday I believe, with play starting 14th January.  Can't blooming wait!

Official site: http://www.australianopen.com/index.html

For those of you with ipads, there's a new app you can download

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/articles/2013-01-02/201301021357106281381.html

Is Andy playing any exho's this week?  Or will he just be training with his team.

Let's have a look at his record for slams

* Andy's Slam Record.JPG (44.43 KB, 817x228 - viewed 124 times.)
[ Last edit by Bevc January 07, 2013, 02:06 AM ] IP Logged
AussieAndyFan

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 04:22 AM »

I have a strong, strong feeling that this will finally be his time in Melbourne! Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 07:29 AM »

Welcome once again to the Andy Boys! yay  Hope your feeling is right, AAF (Shane?) Smile

I've no idea what Andy will do in the run-up to this tournament, but one thing is certain - he needs a bit more space to enable him to come to terms with Ross's illness.  I've no doubt though that Lendl and the team will be bearing this in mind and will be handling the situation with sensitivity.

Meanwhile the Kooyong Classic player list is full, with Berdych having just claimed the 8th slot, although I'll be surprised if Nishikori plays given his knee problem.  I can't see Andy wanting to take his place, but he might opt for an exhibition match.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 08:06 AM »

The way Andy spoke it sounded as if he was just going to be training between now and Melbourne.  He had a good run in Brisbane, and will presumably find some top players to hit against on the AO courts to get used to the speed there.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 08:15 AM »

Yeah he said he would train for 6 days. I presume he would of got a flight that night straight to Melbourne. Only 6 days away, will have to get my match threads sorted. I'll get the first thread up for draw announcement time. Fingers crossed.
IP Logged
snorkel.maiden
Junior

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 08:16 AM »

I just saw on Twitter that Andy's third seed; Djok first and Fed second.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 08:57 AM »

So which side of the draw would we like him to be in Think

I have a strong, strong feeling that this will finally be his time in Melbourne! Smile

Is it Shane and the Y in Andy? Very Happy

I will be there the middle weekend - must try and catch up with you guys!  I'll certainly know how to recognise you lol
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 09:02 AM »

I really hope he makes it to the second week and faces Federer,cos my parents will be on holiday here in UK and I want them too see a big Andy support Smile
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 11:22 AM »

I just saw on Twitter that Andy's third seed; Djok first and Fed second.

Wasn't that confirmed at the end of the year? lol
IP Logged
AussieAndyFan

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 12:03 PM »

Welcome once again to the Andy Boys! yay  Hope your feeling is right, AAF (Shane?) Smile

Spot on! Smile I think so, especially with such a great 2012 season, the belief is now well & truly there!

Is it Shane and the Y in Andy? Very Happy

I will be there the middle weekend - must try and catch up with you guys!  I'll certainly know how to recognise you lol

Not a problem!! Have to have a beverage or two! Smile
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 12:05 PM »

Hey Shane,
Good to see you post here, again. Smile
You got your "Y" T-shirt ready, sport?
IP Logged
AussieAndyFan

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 12:52 PM »

Hey Shane,
Good to see you post here, again. Smile
You got your "Y" T-shirt ready, sport?

Thankyou! Smile

No we haven't organised it yet, woops! We are getting them done tomorrow afternoon however!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #12 on: January 07, 2013, 01:57 PM »

The way Andy spoke it sounded as if he was just going to be training between now and Melbourne.  He had a good run in Brisbane, and will presumably find some top players to hit against on the AO courts to get used to the speed there.
Yeah he said he would train for 6 days.
Thanks for the info. Smile  I just wondered about a one-off exho because he's done that in the past, but I'm sure he and Mr L will have a few things to discuss, and there'll be no shortage of top players around to hit with.

Shane - Are you guys still planning on coming to Wimbledon this year?
IP Logged
AussieAndyFan

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #13 on: January 07, 2013, 02:06 PM »

Shane - Are you guys still planning on coming to Wimbledon this year?

Ahhh, highly unlikely.

I am going to America later in the year with my best friend & his family so at this stage, that's where my savings are going towards. It's still a dream down the track, just very hard to get to.

Mind you, it would be nice to go over to England this year to see Andy win Wimbledon AND the Aussies reclaim The Ashes! Wink
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #14 on: January 07, 2013, 03:28 PM »

Please Please don't let Andy and Djoker be in the same half of the draw as that would make the other half a joke without Rafa and yet another smooth ride for Smugfed - not that he's likely to get that far anyway!
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 30 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »