Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the Australian Open 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: The draw is out and Andy is on Fed's side of the draw.  How far will he get?
Eliminated in the first round. - 1 (2.4%)
Scraped through the 1st round but can't make it through the 2nd. - 0 (0%)
On court for Bev to see who witnesses his 3rd round exit. - 0 (0%)
Nightmares from 2007 are upon us again as Andy goes out in the 4th round. - 0 (0%)
Uncharted territory as Andy goes out in QF's. - 4 (9.8%)
Heartbreak again as Andy falls short in the SF's. - 0 (0%)
Goes through the No.2 seed but falls at the final hurdle. - 3 (7.3%)
Ye of little faith!  AO Champion! - 33 (80.5%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 30 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at the Australian Open 2013

(Read 15103 times)
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #15 on: January 07, 2013, 03:29 PM »

Ahhh, highly unlikely.

I am going to America later in the year with my best friend & his family so at this stage, that's where my savings are going towards. It's still a dream down the track, just very hard to get to.

Mind you, it would be nice to go over to England this year to see Andy win Wimbledon AND the Aussies reclaim The Ashes! Wink
Forget the Ashes - it aint gonna happen
IP Logged
AussieAndyFan

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 03:49 PM »

Forget the Ashes - it aint gonna happen
Haha! Highly doubt we can get up anyway, rebuilding & an overhaul of the selectors needed ASAP.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #17 on: January 07, 2013, 05:40 PM »

I can't wait for the AO! My bones are sending me some very positive signals.

I just think it's Andy's time now. He did what needed to be done in Brisbane, and I think he'll go into the AO in good form. I'm sure the situation with Ross will be hard for Andy, but he has a good team around him, so I'm sure he will get the support he needs. In a strange way it might even motivate him even more, not that he lacks motivation.

It's just brilliant to have a major on the horizon and not have to put up with all that 'Murray hasn't got what it takes' or 'Murray will never win one' crap from certain ex-players and pundits.

My instinct is that Andy will be on Federer's side of the draw. Don't know why, just a feeling. We'll see I suppose. My nerves could just about handle another Murray/Djokovic final, especially one I can watch while I'm eating my breakfast. If they both get there I'll probably be in danger of death by bran flakes, but never mind lol.

The daft thing is that I'm even looking forward to the draw coming out. Part of it is looking and seeing who he'll play, checking the head to heads, that sort of thing. It all adds to the fun lol.

Again, I'll say it just on the off chance. If anyone wants to sneak me over to Melbourne I'll try not to put up a fight  Whistle.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #18 on: January 07, 2013, 06:17 PM »

Are you working on some new chants Andy's boys?  Looking forward to seeing you all again leading the cheers for Andy.  Sounded like big cheers when he came on court at Brisbane.  And if he ends up playing Nole you need to outshout those Serbs!
IP Logged
u2jcc
Junior

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #19 on: January 07, 2013, 06:24 PM »

http://www1.skysports.com/tennis/news/12110/8384278/US-Open-champion-Andy-Murray-will-be-seeded-third-at-this-year-s-Australian-Open

Britain's Andy Murray will be seeded third at the Australian Open, which gets underway in Melbourne next Monday.

Murray will be chasing his second Grand Slam victory, having broken his duck with a memorable win over Novak Djokovic in the US Open final last September.

And the World No 3 has warmed up for the season's first major in ideal fashion, successfully defending his Brisbane International title.

Djokovic is the top seed as he bids for a third successive Australian Open title, and a fourth in total.

Roger Federer will be seeded second and David Ferrer fourth, while the 2009 champion and last year's losing finalist Rafael Nadal will be absent due to illness.

The seedings mean Murray will be in the same half of the draw as Djokovic or Federer and may have to beat both in order to claim the title.

Defending champion Victoria Azarenka tops the women's seeds and a repeat of last year's final may be on the cards because Maria Sharapova is seeded second.

However, third seed Serena Williams has won the tournament on five previous occasions and, having already claimed a title this season, she is likely to be a big threat.

Men's top 10 seeds: 1. N Djokovic, 2. R Federer, 3. A Murray, 4. D Ferrer, 5. T Berdych, 6. JM Del Potro, 7. JW Tsonga, 8. J Tipsarevic, 9. R Gasquet, 10. N Almagro.

Women's top 10 seeds: 1. V Azarenka, 2. M Sharapova, 3. S Williams, 4. A Radwanska, 5. A Kerber, 6.L Na, 7. S Errani, 8. P Kvitova, 9. S Stosur, 10. C Wozniacki.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 06:32 PM »

I have already downloaded my Australian open app to my phone & tablet in preparation to get all the score updates & info  nervous
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #21 on: January 07, 2013, 06:35 PM »

Spot on! Smile I think so, especially with such a great 2012 season, the belief is now well & truly there!

Not a problem!! Have to have a beverage or two! Smile
Welcome back to Murrays World. bigarmhug

I always look forward to the (Andys favorite) "The Happy Slam" as the slogan goes.
We've all got high hopes for Andy and with you guys leading the cheering and supporting him it should give him a great boost!
He really soakes up the atmosphere and I feel I'm there in spirit too.

I'm going to order new Murray T shirts tonight and an Andy mug for the AO. It's all in a good cause as well for the International Animal Rescue.  yes
I'd buy a Rado watch nah  but it may be just out of my price range.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #22 on: January 07, 2013, 07:19 PM »

Good luck Andy in Oz ! looking forward to it very much! Can just relax and enjoy without the stress of wondering if our boy was gonna be the GAROAT!

Hoping Andy gets a favorable draw. Preferably in Feds half - should he play and come through a SF vs Novak about 6 hours long he may be too beat up for the final!!

but one step at a time and all that...Wink
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #23 on: January 07, 2013, 07:31 PM »

Good luck Andy in Oz ! looking forward to it very much! Can just relax and enjoy without the stress of wondering if our boy was gonna be the GAROAT!

Hoping Andy gets a favorable draw. Preferably in Feds half - should he play and come through a SF vs Novak about 6 hours long he may be too beat up for the final!!

but one step at a time and all that...Wink
No pressure Andy Very Happy
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #24 on: January 07, 2013, 08:38 PM »

Ahhh, highly unlikely.

I am going to America later in the year with my best friend & his family so at this stage, that's where my savings are going towards. It's still a dream down the track, just very hard to get to.

Mind you, it would be nice to go over to England this year to see Andy win Wimbledon AND the Aussies reclaim The Ashes! Wink
Aw shame.  But hopefully you can make it before Andy hangs up his racket (and that's something I don't care to think about).  Hope you have a great time in the US though.  It should be an interesting experience.

Cricket?  The Ashes? ... yawn  Quite enjoy watching Twenty20 though because it's more lively.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #25 on: January 07, 2013, 09:50 PM »

I'm going to order new Murray T shirts tonight and an Andy mug for the AO. It's all in a good cause as well for the International Animal Rescue.  yes
Thanks for drawing my attention to this Linda.  I support anything to do with animal welfare, so will be making a purchase myself.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #26 on: January 08, 2013, 12:48 AM »

To think AO is only less than a week away.  w00t USO still feels just yesterday.

Time to get nervous and lose sleep.  nervous

Wonder what the draw would be like come Friday. I do want to see Andy on Fed's side but whatever the fate brings, really.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #27 on: January 08, 2013, 04:12 AM »

Not a problem!! Have to have a beverage or two! Smile

In the Heineken area? partyman

AND the Aussies reclaim The Ashes! Wink

You've got to be dreaming, mate! haha

And look who's on one of the main sponsors sites Think

* AO Sponsor.JPG (157.44 KB, 1317x845 - viewed 137 times.)
IP Logged
AussieAndyFan

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #28 on: January 08, 2013, 04:56 AM »

Are you working on some new chants Andy's boys?  Looking forward to seeing you all again leading the cheers for Andy.  Sounded like big cheers when he came on court at Brisbane.  And if he ends up playing Nole you need to outshout those Serbs!

We are! A few more lighthearted ones, currently trying to work out a One Direction tune, we have a few more ideas but we shall see what they are like in qualifying!

Tell me about it, it was impossible! About 30-40 of them all just basically 'slurring' Novak on was what it sounded like!

Aw shame.  But hopefully you can make it before Andy hangs up his racket (and that's something I don't care to think about).  Hope you have a great time in the US though.  It should be an interesting experience.

Cricket?  The Ashes? ... yawn  Quite enjoy watching Twenty20 though because it's more lively.

I hope so too! It's just a matter of good timing & a lot of money!

Really!? Not a big fan of Twenty20 Cricket, not a whole lot of skill required, more just bash & crash stuff. Where as Test Cricket requires a lot more tactical thinking, more technical shots etc. But each to their own! Smile

In the Heineken area? partyman

You've got to be dreaming, mate! haha

Only place to do it!

Haha!! Can't see us winning over 5 Tests to be honest.
IP Logged
marg
Junior

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #29 on: January 08, 2013, 06:52 AM »

I am in Melbourne for the first week of the open but on grandchildren sitting duty and in queenland the second week so will be on tv and iPhone watch. Been to Rod laver over weekend to see preparations and take on atmosphere. Sorry won't be able to meet up with other Andy followers maybe next year  prayers for Ross
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 30 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »