Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the Australian Open 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: The draw is out and Andy is on Fed's side of the draw.  How far will he get?
Eliminated in the first round. - 1 (2.4%)
Scraped through the 1st round but can't make it through the 2nd. - 0 (0%)
On court for Bev to see who witnesses his 3rd round exit. - 0 (0%)
Nightmares from 2007 are upon us again as Andy goes out in the 4th round. - 0 (0%)
Uncharted territory as Andy goes out in QF's. - 4 (9.8%)
Heartbreak again as Andy falls short in the SF's. - 0 (0%)
Goes through the No.2 seed but falls at the final hurdle. - 3 (7.3%)
Ye of little faith!  AO Champion! - 33 (80.5%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 30 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at the Australian Open 2013

(Read 15899 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #30 on: January 08, 2013, 05:23 PM »

OMG   I CAN'T WAIT.............     WHO NEEDS SLEEP...... Very Happy
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #31 on: January 08, 2013, 05:45 PM »

Just to bring your attention to the qualifying matches that begin tomorrow.

We do have two Brits in the draw for the qualifying:

James Ward and Jamie Baker.

So lets root them on.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #32 on: January 08, 2013, 06:24 PM »

OMG   I CAN'T WAIT.............     WHO NEEDS SLEEP...... Very Happy

ME!!!!! But I need Andy more   wub
IP Logged
audie
Futures Level

my guilty ppleasure

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #33 on: January 08, 2013, 06:35 PM »

ME!!!!! But I need Andy more   wub
i have to agree on that one angie dont know how many matches i can watch
IP Logged
audie
Futures Level

my guilty ppleasure

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #34 on: January 08, 2013, 06:36 PM »

So lets root them on.
i will be rooting for them c,mon you brits
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #35 on: January 08, 2013, 06:51 PM »

i have to agree on that one angie dont know how many matches i can watch

I will watch weekend matches Audie (regardless of the time) but if they are midweek & middle of night I'm afraid its impossible as I'm up for work at 6-30 am Frown
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #36 on: January 08, 2013, 07:41 PM »

So lets root them on.

Sorry I'm only rooting for Donald young in the Qualifiers Wink
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #37 on: January 08, 2013, 07:53 PM »

prodigy what's your obsession with this young Donald? Lol  confused
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #38 on: January 08, 2013, 08:09 PM »

Donald's playing qualifying? I actually thought he might have just clipped the ranking barrier for the directly accepted players.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #39 on: January 08, 2013, 08:12 PM »

Young isn't playing qualifying you numpty xD
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #40 on: January 08, 2013, 09:10 PM »

This time I am going to be selective as to which nights I am going to stay up. On the other hand, I am always up for matches like Berdych vs Federer etc. lol

Can't wait for the draws, really. Would like to see Andy on Fed's half but whatever destiny unfolds…
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #41 on: January 08, 2013, 09:25 PM »

Really!? Not a big fan of Twenty20 Cricket, not a whole lot of skill required, more just bash & crash stuff. Where as Test Cricket requires a lot more tactical thinking, more technical shots etc. But each to their own! Smile
Sorry, I was just pulling your leg a bit here Shane.   I've never had any understanding at all about test cricket so have no idea about tactics or skill, so therefore have no appreciation of it - and I don't really go out of my way to watch T20, just if I happen to catch it on TV.

However test cricket is not a big sport in Scotland - we leave that pleasure to our English neighbours! - although over the past 20 years it has become a lot more popular. We even have a national team now, The Scottish Saltires, who became members of the ICC in 1994, but they only play at UK county level with the occasional ODI and even a Tour thrown in - and we first had the honour of playing an ODI against England in 2008, although the match was abandoned due to rain after only three overs.  We were beaten by them in 2010, but unfortunately the next ODI, scheduled for July last year, was cancelled, again due to heavy rain.  The Saltires' current coach is Aussie Peter Steindl.

Scotland though has managed to produce a few well-known cricketers who have played for English clubs and also for England itself, the most famous of whom are reckoned to be the former England captain, Mike Denness, Warwickshire all-rounder Dougie Brown, and former England Test player Gavin Hamilton.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #42 on: January 08, 2013, 09:25 PM »

Like a few of you i  am not sure how much AO i will do this year, things have been really stressful at work lately and i need to put it first,unfortunately.

Weekend matches are a definite and if he makes the thurs or fri morning SF will just risk streaming it at work. will get up in the middle of the night if he's playing a day session against someone who i cant sleep about!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #43 on: January 08, 2013, 09:39 PM »

I've been losing a lot of sleep lately and for no reason. I was under the weather and took some nighttime Advils and since then my sleep pattern has gone all kaput. So even if it comes to Andy’s matches at the AO, I will probably use my judgments and see which ones I can afford to stay up.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #44 on: January 08, 2013, 10:06 PM »

Young isn't playing qualifying you numpty xD

Unless I've got it wrong there is a D Young playing quallies at AO ?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 30 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »