Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the Australian Open 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: The draw is out and Andy is on Fed's side of the draw.  How far will he get?
Eliminated in the first round. - 1 (2.4%)
Scraped through the 1st round but can't make it through the 2nd. - 0 (0%)
On court for Bev to see who witnesses his 3rd round exit. - 0 (0%)
Nightmares from 2007 are upon us again as Andy goes out in the 4th round. - 0 (0%)
Uncharted territory as Andy goes out in QF's. - 4 (9.8%)
Heartbreak again as Andy falls short in the SF's. - 0 (0%)
Goes through the No.2 seed but falls at the final hurdle. - 3 (7.3%)
Ye of little faith!  AO Champion! - 33 (80.5%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 30 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at the Australian Open 2013

(Read 15700 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #45 on: January 08, 2013, 10:12 PM »

I've been losing a lot of sleep lately and for no reason. I was under the weather and took some nighttime Advils and since then my sleep pattern has gone all kaput. So even if it comes to Andy’s matches at the AO, I will probably use my judgments and see which ones I can afford to stay up.
We will have full coverage of the AO. Just PVR it. That's what I'm doing. If your sleep pattern is all to pot, then best to get it back to normal.
Hope you're feeling better.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #46 on: January 08, 2013, 10:19 PM »

I just hope that the very high temperatures affecting S-E Australia, and causing wide-spread bush fires, have subsided by the time the AO starts, otherwise life is going to be pretty unpleasant for players and spectators alike.  It's a bit amusing that in Melbourne they more often than not close the roof (when it gets above 36C, I think) to keep out the sun, whereas in Wimbledon it's to keep out the rain!

P.S. - The temp at the Apia International in Sydney yesterday was a scorching 42C (107.6F) ... Whistle and that was outside the stadium ...
[ Last edit by Aileen January 09, 2013, 01:38 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #47 on: January 09, 2013, 01:10 AM »

Young isn't playing qualifying you numpty xD

confused

This is on today's schedule Whistle

Anyway, have started another thread for the other players

http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/tennis/australian-open-2013-the-other-players/msg823947/?topicseen#new

* Qualifiers.JPG (9.58 KB, 498x110 - viewed 376 times.)
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #48 on: January 09, 2013, 06:49 AM »

Saw James Baker won Smile
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #49 on: January 09, 2013, 07:40 AM »

confused

This is on today's schedule Whistle

Anyway, have started another thread for the other players

http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/tennis/australian-open-2013-the-other-players/msg823947/?topicseen#new

Yeah, I know now Bev. Apologies Prodigy.

It was because I had every feeling that if indeed Young was playing qualifying (which he is) he would be seeded. But clearly not.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #50 on: January 09, 2013, 07:46 AM »

Donald's playing qualifying? I actually thought he might have just clipped the ranking barrier for the directly accepted players.
He's down at #189, not even close. And he is playing qualifying - beat Setkic in QR1 and faces James Blake in QR2.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #51 on: January 09, 2013, 11:32 AM »

Just had a wee bet on Andy to win the AO. I think the shame might just kill me if I've just ruined his chances. Still, I can always blame my brother. He made me do it lol.

No, seriously, Andy's looking good, I like his chances. Sometimes you just have to put your money where your mouth is, don't you?
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #52 on: January 09, 2013, 11:38 AM »

Good luck andy & teejay  pray
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #53 on: January 09, 2013, 02:09 PM »

Is anyone else having trouble with this site? I have been locked out and spent the whole morning trying to be recognised. It may be our lousy broadband
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #54 on: January 09, 2013, 03:11 PM »

No been able to log on without any problems
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #55 on: January 09, 2013, 03:29 PM »

Is anyone else having trouble with this site? I have been locked out and spent the whole morning trying to be recognised. It may be our lousy broadband

I had a problem too.....pages were gettin hanged while I accessed this site. It has been a problem for sometime but then it was fine.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #56 on: January 09, 2013, 03:57 PM »

Good luck andy & teejay  pray

Thanks. Parted with £20. Not a lot, but enough to make it interesting. Should get around £90 if he wins, which would be quite nice lol.
IP Logged
audie
Futures Level

my guilty ppleasure

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #57 on: January 09, 2013, 05:47 PM »

roll on friday i want to know who andy is playing and what time and day  if im lucky may get to watch some before work
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #58 on: January 09, 2013, 06:30 PM »

I'll try and get the thread up for when the draw comes out on the Friday.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #59 on: January 09, 2013, 07:27 PM »

I too hope it is not too hot on Monday at the start of play Melbourne is not as humid as Sydney or Brisbane but if the wind gets up it can be very hot when it starts to blow. I lived there for some time but it was never as hot as it is at the moment. I worked in a nursing home without air conditioning and believe me by the end of your shift you were exhausted. I am not a drinker but when I got home it was a very very cold beer that hit the spot. pray
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 30 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »