Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the Australian Open 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: The draw is out and Andy is on Fed's side of the draw.  How far will he get?
Eliminated in the first round. - 1 (2.4%)
Scraped through the 1st round but can't make it through the 2nd. - 0 (0%)
On court for Bev to see who witnesses his 3rd round exit. - 0 (0%)
Nightmares from 2007 are upon us again as Andy goes out in the 4th round. - 0 (0%)
Uncharted territory as Andy goes out in QF's. - 4 (9.8%)
Heartbreak again as Andy falls short in the SF's. - 0 (0%)
Goes through the No.2 seed but falls at the final hurdle. - 3 (7.3%)
Ye of little faith!  AO Champion! - 33 (80.5%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 30 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at the Australian Open 2013

(Read 14659 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #60 on: January 09, 2013, 07:46 PM »

Is anyone else having trouble with this site? I have been locked out and spent the whole morning trying to be recognised. It may be our lousy broadband

yes  I emailed Markus about it.  PM him or leave a message in the thread about it.  If you receive any messages on screen, let him have those too. Very Happy

http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/feedback/updates-and-faq/msg822641/#new
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #61 on: January 09, 2013, 07:48 PM »

^ Mark sucks. Let's bombard him with complaints. lol
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #62 on: January 09, 2013, 07:59 PM »

Is anyone else having trouble with this site? I have been locked out and spent the whole morning trying to be recognised.
Can just picture you walking about saying "Hi, I'm Benniebone from Murraysworld and everyone saying "WHO"
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #63 on: January 09, 2013, 09:58 PM »

Am I right in thinking the draw is at Friday 10am Aussie time so 11pm Thursday UK time????
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #64 on: January 09, 2013, 10:23 PM »

I'm having a bad feeling about the AO this year. I'm predicting Andy to go out early, before the QF at least. It won't be too much of a loss if he does though, he's had an amazing run in the last 8 really.
[ Last edit by laundry January 09, 2013, 10:30 PM ] IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #65 on: January 09, 2013, 10:30 PM »

Can we start adding polls to these topics, what round you think andy will get to?
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #66 on: January 09, 2013, 10:36 PM »

I'm having a bad feeling about the AO this year. I'm predicting Andy to go out early, before the SF at least. It won't be too much of a loss if he does though, he's had an amazing run in the last 8 really.

Too early to form a view in my opinion. Depends on the draw, the weather, physical condition, state of mind etc. If all these are OK ( not necessarily brilliant, just OK) then he has absolutely no-one to fear, and the only serious threat is Djokovic. I still feel that he is on for a real drive, and has the fear/respect  factor working in his favour for perhaps the first time at a Slam
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #67 on: January 09, 2013, 10:40 PM »

I'm having a bad feeling about the AO this year. I'm predicting Andy to go out early, before the QF at least. It won't be too much of a loss if he does though, he's had an amazing run in the last 8 really.
Noooooooooooooooooooooo.  SF at least, then who might he play? Djoker maybe or, better still, Smugfed or the person who's already beaten him.  More likely that Smugfed won't get to the Qtrs - I'm not even convinced about Djoker.  Here's a prediction for the SF's...........Andy + 3 others with world rankings of 5 and over!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #68 on: January 09, 2013, 10:49 PM »

Am I right in thinking the draw is at Friday 10am Aussie time so 11pm Thursday UK time????

yes

Can we start adding polls to these topics, what round you think andy will get to?

Rolling Eyes  Will do during my lunch Very Happy
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #69 on: January 09, 2013, 11:07 PM »

Too early to form a view in my opinion. Depends on the draw, the weather, physical condition, state of mind etc. If all these are OK ( not necessarily brilliant, just OK) then he has absolutely no-one to fear, and the only serious threat is Djokovic. I still feel that he is on for a real drive, and has the fear/respect  factor working in his favour for perhaps the first time at a Slam
Ditto to that Fiverlings. yes

The only thing I would add is that Andy is becoming a Terminator. You can never count him out to come back strong after looking like it's Game Over, and he is very good at tie-breaks.

I think Lendl has helped him grow hair on his b*lls.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #70 on: January 09, 2013, 11:29 PM »

Another little ray of sunshine ... Rolling Eyes  Very Happy

Certainly his performances in Abu Dhabi and Brisbane didn't inspire confidence, but Andy's had a poor run up to Slams before and then gone far into them.  I still maintain though that the jet-lag caused by travelling across so many time zones in a matter of days might have had a lot to do with it.  Also it's now known that Andy learnt about Ross's illness soon after he arrived in Abu Dhabi, so goodness knows how far that affected him as well, because he's such a caring person and has been in constant touch with Ross.  It says a heck of a lot though about Andy's mental toughness that he was able to cope with this division of focus and go on to win the tournament.

Too early to form a view in my opinion. Depends on the draw, the weather, physical condition, state of mind etc. If all these are OK ( not necessarily brilliant, just OK) then he has absolutely no-one to fear, and the only serious threat is Djokovic. I still feel that he is on for a real drive, and has the fear/respect  factor working in his favour for perhaps the first time at a Slam
I agree.  In fact I don't even like making predictions from match to match in any tournament where Andy's concerned!  
[ Last edit by Aileen January 10, 2013, 05:11 AM ] IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #71 on: January 10, 2013, 12:27 AM »

I don't care about the conditions. I've just picked up a vibe in his mentality - that it isn't quite where it should be and I have a feeling it's going to be a stumbling block for him.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #72 on: January 10, 2013, 12:31 AM »

Poll part one added Very Happy
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #73 on: January 10, 2013, 12:31 AM »

At this point with his ranking and performances last year then he's expected to make the semi's at least,  pretty much the final in my mind. Not saying it will be easy or straight forward or his competition won't make him work for it but I expect a final from him Smile
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #74 on: January 10, 2013, 12:36 AM »

Ditto to that Fiverlings. yes

The only thing I would add is that Andy is becoming a Terminator. You can never count him out to come back strong after looking like it's Game Over, and he is very good at tie-breaks.

I think Lendl has helped him grow hair on his b*lls.

I'm re-watching some Wimbledon tennis (putting it onto tape is my excuse Whistle ) and I watched the Bagdahtis match last night.  Andy kept his cool for the most part when broken (though berated himself) but managed to turn things around, got great crowd support and I just love Mac and Timmy (and Chris Broadman) in the commentary box.

I also re-watched the Brisbane final.  As the comms were saying, Andy played some ordinary tennis at times but was able to let his class come through when it counted.   
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 30 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »