Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the Australian Open 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: The draw is out and Andy is on Fed's side of the draw.  How far will he get?
Eliminated in the first round. - 1 (2.4%)
Scraped through the 1st round but can't make it through the 2nd. - 0 (0%)
On court for Bev to see who witnesses his 3rd round exit. - 0 (0%)
Nightmares from 2007 are upon us again as Andy goes out in the 4th round. - 0 (0%)
Uncharted territory as Andy goes out in QF's. - 4 (9.8%)
Heartbreak again as Andy falls short in the SF's. - 0 (0%)
Goes through the No.2 seed but falls at the final hurdle. - 3 (7.3%)
Ye of little faith!  AO Champion! - 33 (80.5%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 30 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at the Australian Open 2013

(Read 15830 times)
Elena
Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #90 on: January 10, 2013, 11:43 AM »

Not about Andy but a funny tweet from Judy: Mr Lendl is a funny guy. I pat his stomach. He says : and when did u eat more than a salad? Me: I had steak on Saturday. Him : which year?
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #91 on: January 10, 2013, 12:31 PM »

Ditto to that Fiverlings. yes

The only thing I would add is that Andy is becoming a Terminator. You can never count him out to come back strong after looking like it's Game Over, and he is very good at tie-breaks.

I think Lendl has helped him grow hair on his b*lls.

Me too! Two things I liked at Brisbane -

Bit of a rant at himself at 3-4 down 2nd set ("...legs, legs, legs, legs"), cue comments about bad body language, giving the opponent hope etc. Then he gets up, wins nearly every point, and the match is done and dusted.

At his press conference when asked if he was worried about starting slowly in his last two matches. "It's not how you start, it's how you finish, and I finished both those matches playing better than I started. I started my first round match extremely well, and it quickly went the other way.....I'm not concerned about that" (or words to that effect).

IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #92 on: January 10, 2013, 01:32 PM »

I feel that the only deterent to Andy doing well in AO is his concern for Ross. It might affect his concentration, but he intends to do very well for both AM and RH. and thus no problem.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #93 on: January 10, 2013, 01:33 PM »

OSS, yes I think it might spur him on.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #94 on: January 10, 2013, 01:44 PM »

I'm having a bad feeling about the AO this year. I'm predicting Andy to go out early, before the QF at least. It won't be too much of a loss if he does though, he's had an amazing run in the last 8 really.

I'm not sure Laundry, if this is some kind of defence mechanism you have here, or some kind of reverse psychology. Either way, dating your doubts on the WTF is shaky to say the least I would have thought.

Looking at the WTF, Andy beat Berdych, who he has struggled with at times. If my memory serves me right he got close to Djokovic, Djokovic who just happens to be world no.1, and clumped Tsonga. Sure, he lost to Federer, in what, if I recall, was only Andy's second appearance in the semi's at the WTF, but I do wonder how much that crowd getting on his back played a part in that. Also, what I do think, looking back, is that Andy went into the WTF mentally and emotionally done to a great extent, after what he had acheived in 2012, all within two months, Wimbledon final, Olympic gold and USO win. In fact I think you could say that Andy, to a point, was done after the USO, but still he got to the semi's in Tokyo and had match points over Raonic, and got to the final in the Shanghai Masters and had match points over Djokovic. Sure, there was Paris as well, but at least Andy went a round further than Djokovic. Both clearly had an eye on the WTF.

The thing with slams is that you never know. Andy could go out early, he could win. The same applies to Djokovic and Federer. Who would have predicted Federer not making the semi's at the USO? Only Berdych I would have thought. That said, I think it would take a braver person than me to bet against one of the top three winning the AO, and in my mind Andy has as good a chance as Djokovic, and marginally more chance than Federer, if Federer gets pushed in the latter stages especially. I honestly don't see the winner coming from outside of the top three.

Looking at Andy's game now, when he is on he is a handful for anyone in the game. Look at the way he brushed Federer aside in the Olympics, and also in the semi's at Shanghai. Look at the way he can go toe-to-toe with Djokovic for hours and hours, which he has done more than once. The margins with Djokovic might be closer, but their games are so similar you would expect that.

Andy deals with adversity better than ever now too, often rising to the challenge, lifting his game exactly when he needs it, instead of wasting energy berating himself too much - although a bit of that is good for him I think. I think Andy needs the fire in him to get him going, but he doesn't need that to overtake him. He's so good now at refocusing on the job, and he does it. He did it in Brisbane beautifully, and God only knows what was going through his mind there.

Andy has a pretty good record at the AO, better than the USO in fact. I don't see any reason not to be very optimistic about his chances. Believe me, I've parted with cash, and I'd never put my hand in my purse if I thought Andy wasn't in the running and in with a great chance.
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #95 on: January 10, 2013, 02:41 PM »

yes  I emailed Markus about it.  PM him or leave a message in the thread about it.  If you receive any messages on screen, let him have those too. Very Happy

http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/feedback/updates-and-faq/msg822641/#new
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #96 on: January 10, 2013, 02:46 PM »

yes  I emailed Markus about it.  PM him or leave a message in the thread about it.  If you receive any messages on screen, let him have those too. Very Happy

http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/feedback/updates-and-faq/msg822641/#new

Thankyou bevc for your help which is much appreciated I have done what you asked me to do.
Murray's World is addictive and to be without it just before an Open would have been dreadful
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #97 on: January 10, 2013, 03:41 PM »

Are you Boogers alt account ?

lmao
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #98 on: January 10, 2013, 03:49 PM »

Kev has redeemed himself with this article about Andy's training:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2013/jan/10/andy-murray-australian-open-players-injuries
After reading it I had to lie down for several hours....
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #99 on: January 10, 2013, 03:56 PM »

Kev has redeemed himself with this article about Andy's training:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2013/jan/10/andy-murray-australian-open-players-injuries
After reading it I had to lie down for several hours....

Funny that, it wore me out too lol.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #100 on: January 10, 2013, 04:22 PM »

Has anyone any idea what time the draw will take place tomorrow? British time please
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #101 on: January 10, 2013, 04:55 PM »

The draw:
Andy, Nole, Delpotro, Berdych, Raonic, Tsonga, Gasquet, Verdasco, JJ, Dimitrov, Tipsaravic, Harrison, Tomic etc  in one half
Federer, Ferrer, Wawrinka, all players with suspected injuries and all players from 50-100 in other.
Get my drift  Whistle
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #102 on: January 10, 2013, 04:58 PM »

U wish  Think
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #103 on: January 10, 2013, 05:09 PM »

This is the first time I've ever actively predicted Andy to go out early in a slam, I predicted him to get to the final of the USO last year. I also think he's probably going to have another good year in the rest of the slams over-all, it's just this one I'm concerned about right now.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #104 on: January 10, 2013, 05:11 PM »

After the draws release tonight I will do a draw analysis for the men only. I'll also post the first round match thread, that is providing he doesn't get a qualifier.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 30 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »