Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the Australian Open 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: The draw is out and Andy is on Fed's side of the draw.  How far will he get?
Eliminated in the first round. - 1 (2.4%)
Scraped through the 1st round but can't make it through the 2nd. - 0 (0%)
On court for Bev to see who witnesses his 3rd round exit. - 0 (0%)
Nightmares from 2007 are upon us again as Andy goes out in the 4th round. - 0 (0%)
Uncharted territory as Andy goes out in QF's. - 4 (9.8%)
Heartbreak again as Andy falls short in the SF's. - 0 (0%)
Goes through the No.2 seed but falls at the final hurdle. - 3 (7.3%)
Ye of little faith!  AO Champion! - 33 (80.5%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 30 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at the Australian Open 2013

(Read 13771 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #105 on: January 10, 2013, 05:12 PM »

can you just keep your predictions to yourself laundry - it's an anxious enough time as it is coming up to a GS without doomsayers    doh
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #106 on: January 10, 2013, 05:18 PM »

can you just keep your predictions to yourself laundry - it's an anxious enough time as it is coming up to a GS without doomsayers    doh

Yep  shocking
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #107 on: January 10, 2013, 05:30 PM »

The draw:
Andy, Nole, Delpotro, Berdych, Raonic, Tsonga, Gasquet, Verdasco, JJ, Dimitrov, Tipsaravic, Harrison, Tomic etc  in one half
Federer, Ferrer, Wawrinka, all players with suspected injuries and all players from 50-100 in other.
Get my drift  Whistle
It's inevitable.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #108 on: January 10, 2013, 05:30 PM »

Angie, the draw starts at 10 am local time, 12 noon NZ, 11 pm (tonight for you) GMT, and 6 pm Toronto. Very Happy Others can fill in the time zone gaps. You can usually watch online via the official site.
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #109 on: January 10, 2013, 05:30 PM »

I hope you are wrong Laundry after all TJay has mad a bet for Andy to win and we can't have her lose her money.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #110 on: January 10, 2013, 05:46 PM »

I hope you are wrong Laundry after all TJay has mad a bet for Andy to win and we can't have her lose her money.

Thanks for the concern about my finances lol. Believe me, it isn't the money that worries me, although the £90 or so I'll get back if he does it would be quite welcome lol. I just really think he has a brilliant chance. I'd certainly put his chances at least on a par with where Andy was going in to the USO, or even slightly higher, given that he has won a major now and knows how to do it. Also, should Andy find himself in the final he will be able to have a positive memory to draw on, having won the USO, and the Olympics of course, whereas in the past he had the barrier of major final losses to overcome.

I can sort of see where people could say that the situation with Ross Hutchins could distract Andy, given that they are close, but Andy is a pro. I think all of those at the top have ways of blocking things out and focusing on the matter in hand. Also, Andy has the support of a good team around him. I'm sure they will do everything to make sure Andy is focused and as ready as he can be.

Forgot to say before, that third option in the poll made me laugh. Hope that doesn't happen!
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #111 on: January 10, 2013, 05:55 PM »

I think Andy is a decent price for the French right now considering the current state of Nadal, I'd rather flutter on that.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #112 on: January 10, 2013, 06:13 PM »

If push came to shove I woud much rather Andy drew Federer in the SF than Djokovic. Reasons being, Murray has played outstanding this year when up against Federer, not so much Djokovic.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #113 on: January 10, 2013, 06:44 PM »

Thanks for the concern about my finances lol. Believe me, it isn't the money that worries me, although the £90 or so I'll get back if he does it would be quite welcome lol. I just really think he has a brilliant chance. I'd certainly put his chances at least on a par with where Andy was going in to the USO, or even slightly higher, given that he has won a major now and knows how to do it. Also, should Andy find himself in the final he will be able to have a positive memory to draw on, having won the USO, and the Olympics of course, whereas in the past he had the barrier of major final losses to overcome.

I can sort of see where people could say that the situation with Ross Hutchins could distract Andy, given that they are close, but Andy is a pro. I think all of those at the top have ways of blocking things out and focusing on the matter in hand. Also, Andy has the support of a good team around him. I'm sure they will do everything to make sure Andy is focused and as ready as he can be.

Forgot to say before, that third option in the poll made me laugh. Hope that doesn't happen!
tj I think the news about Ross got to him in Brisbane because it was still so fresh and he must have been reeling from the shock still.  But I think he'll be able to put it out of his mind while preparing/playing and it will be reassuring for him to know that Ross is going into treatment with such a positive frame of mind.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #114 on: January 10, 2013, 06:54 PM »

I believe that Andy heard from Ross on the 27th Dec, and he was in Abu Dhabi, that is why he lost in the first match, he must have been reeling. Ross said Andy was the first person he contacted apart from his family...he would have still be coming to terms with the news in Brisbane and how he could support Ross, by now I feel that he will be determined to go all the way in Melbourne for Ross.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #115 on: January 10, 2013, 07:06 PM »

I don't care about the conditions. I've just picked up a vibe in his mentality - that it isn't quite where it should be and I have a feeling it's going to be a stumbling block for him.

Allow me to decode ^^.

What laundry is trying to say is that, he has money put on Nole or Federer and he doesn't want to lose that money. It's apparently the spare money he has 'by chance'. He's not your typical betting man otherwise...only plays regularly. :p
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #116 on: January 10, 2013, 07:16 PM »

What people forget is that, all those losses came at year-end, when everyone was feeling a bit - Andy even more so, as he had seen the most success by then (Wimbledon final, Olympic Gold and USO title). Not to mention, it was Andy's 1st Major win so obviously he was still very overwhelmed by it. This is the start of a new year and Andy should feel fresh. He usually does it very well here at AO. He has his threats but if he's mentally still together, then those aren't threats. The only possible real threat I see if some of his matches end up being longer than they should be, so the draws are a big deal at this point. So I don’t really see how anyone can deduct something so conclusive without looking at the draws first.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #117 on: January 10, 2013, 07:16 PM »

I think Andy will be a man on a mission to get this win for Ross and himself.When he gets on that court he will not be worring about anything else but winning.This is too big .
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #118 on: January 10, 2013, 08:10 PM »

If push came to shove I woud much rather Andy drew Federer in the SF than Djokovic. Reasons being, Murray has played outstanding this year when up against Federer, not so much Djokovic.
  I'm praying the organisers will be up for that potential scenario too, hoping for an Andy/Djoko final.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy at the Australian Open 2013 « Reply #119 on: January 10, 2013, 08:20 PM »

Angie, the draw starts at 10 am local time, 12 noon NZ, 11 pm (tonight for you) GMT, and 6 pm Toronto. Very Happy Others can fill in the time zone gaps. You can usually watch online via the official site.
That's great bev :-)  thanks for that, here's hoping for a good draw  pray yeah I noticed on my AO app that you could watch the draw live. Might do that.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 30 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »